What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

35x12.5 17 Falkens went on about a week back. Installed the Slee KDSS spacer, No more rubbing! Install went quite smooth, didn’t even have to remove the sway bar end links or Jack up the car. Pry bar, impact gun and muscles are your friend.

IMG_3586.jpeg

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3592.jpeg

Scratched the top half of my tail gate while unloading my mountain bike. 😢 I use a One Up and unlocked the front tire (right side) first then when I went to unlock the rear of the bike it somehow got hung up in the arm and the front fell out of tray. Bar end came down onto the part of the gate where it meets the bottom of the rear glass.

*Edit: This photo is post touch up paint. It was more of a gouge than a scratch so not something that would buff out.

IMG_2790.jpeg

Welcome to the tricks to improve the fuel economy. The penalties are so high if a manufacturer fails to meet the CAFE that they will sacrifice statistical few under warranty. However, for those of us that plan to keep our LC's long term, the odds will not fall in our favor.
You’re preaching to the choir on the CAFE standards, don’t get me started lol

I’ve already switched to 0W30 in our Cruiser, I’m not sure what I will do in the Sienna.

Just finished a two week road trip from the Phoenix area to Cleveland area and back.

VHyKyGb.jpg

Metro Toyota in Cleveland bailed me out with a set of OEM wipers to replace whatever garbage the PO installed.

Also had my fuel door spring break in Joplin yesterday but I had a spare on hand in my glove box.

No other issues to report at just a hair under 45k on the clock.

XcUbHTT.jpg

Dig the two tone. My LFD got its first real workout yesterday. Forgot I wasn't in H mode and heard a decent impact on a rock. I think the there's a scratch but can tell because of all the dirt. No damage that I can see.
Thanks. I had some red paint and sprayed it from the back side to get the red shading. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but looks pretty good. Will definitely make oil changes a breeze.

Put 1900 miles on her in the last two weeks. So far, I've only put Tundra brakes up front and done a bunch of preventative maintenance. I have more PM on the way and a TON of parts sitting in the garage:

• Radiator and all that should be swapped at the same time (water pump, serp belt, idler pulley, hoses, etc)
• Globes and 3 cans of AHC fluid
• 18" TRD BBS wheels that I bought locally for a really good price

I'm also at 65k miles on the Defenders. They're getting close. Lots of work to do; just need cooler weather and time to do it!

Over the last two weeks, we saw tanks ranging from 16.3 to 17.2mpg. I hand calc'd the last one, and the dash readout was dead on.
LX front Arkansas resized.jpg

LX rear arkansas resized.jpg

So I finally had enough of the crappy leather on my 200 steering wheel that was peeling like crazy. I decided to just bite the bullet and get a brand new OEM steering wheel. I could not be happier! It’s literally like driving a new cruiser (even though it’s got 104k miles).

IMG_3390.jpeg

how did you know the fuel was boiling?
Strong fuel smell outside the vehicle, if it gets bad gasoline can dribble out of the fill area even with the cap tightly in place. Usually happens to us at altitude on steep/crawling type trails.

Strong fuel smell outside the vehicle, if it gets bad gasoline can dribble out of the fill area even with the cap tightly in place. Usually happens to us at altitude on steep/crawling type trails.
Good to know and there's no downside of adding the protection to the tank. Thx for the info

Where did you get the heat wrap? Thinking about doing this before heading to Moab at the end of the month

Where did you get the heat wrap? Thinking about doing this before heading to Moab at the end of the month

Got motivated and changed spark plugs yesterday. The old ones were "dusty" and there are no records of them ever being replaced. Cylinder 8 had a little bit of oil.

201,744 miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom