What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few more projects done this weekend. Figured out a way to mount my RV3 to my roof rack WITH my RTT. My RTT is a James Baroud so I can't mount anything on top of the tent itself, but it has more important virtues for me and my set-up which is why I keep and choose to mount my RV3 to the side. I was carrying it across the back on my spare tire platforms, but taking it on and off and adjusting it every time I wanted to tailgate was a PITA, so I came up with this solution. I move my shower tent out about 6 inches from the roof rack and then mounted up a set of American Adventure Lab "Sleeper Keepers" on a pair of rhino rack angled traction board mounts. Still have some adjusting to everything to get the tent to sit parallel to the ground, but you get the idea.
20230320_162808.jpg

Since my platforms were free again I found an inspiring case solution. I mounted up two "Zarges Bundeswehr Brotkiste" aluminum cases. One was made an 1982 and the other in 1987 and I love these things! I bolted them to my platforms and turned them around so that the front panel opens to the inside. The one on the left will be our pantry and will have our Ninja oven in it, the other will just be for camp stuff (fire pit, chairs, etc.), nothing too heavy. They collapse all the way down so I can still use the platform for larger items if need be and don't have to remove them to get some aero back.
20230323_091004.jpg
20230323_090219.jpg
20230323_090001.jpg
20230323_090006.jpg

Last edited:
New wiper blades. Tried inserts first but didn’t fit. A PO must have put in wrong part number blades previously. Love the detailed instructions, in Japanese.

200 blades.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled intake manifold to replace the front foam block that I nuked changing a PCV valve. It was pretty painless, less than an hour start to finish, with a good chunk of that being cleaning things before removal to avoid dust dropping into the intake ports, and the mating surface after. I considered doing a writeup but it isn't worth it.. really, it's easy.

I'm going to buy a knock sensor harness to have on-hand in the event of rodent issues.. totally viable to change it in the field if needed.

IMG_9067.JPG

IMG_9068.JPG

Pulled intake manifold to replace the front foam block that I nuked changing a PCV valve. It was pretty painless, less than an hour start to finish, with a good chunk of that being cleaning things before removal to avoid dust dropping into the intake ports, and the mating surface after. I considered doing a writeup but it isn't worth it.. really, it's easy.

I'm going to buy a knock sensor harness to have on-hand in the event of rodent issues.. totally viable to change it in the field if needed.

View attachment 3280890

View attachment 3280889

Nice and not pink!
Can you point out the knock sensor btw? Those the clamps with 4 - 2 way split harness bolted to each side of each bank right?

Those the clamps with 4 - 2 way split harness bolted to each side of each bank right?
Yep. It then goes under the rear foam block and plugs into the larger engine harness at the gray connector.

Took a step back down from the OME 2724 springs to the OME 2723 and added Airbag Man HP5051 kit.

IMG_0134.jpeg

Also removed my Gamiviti roof rack and replaced it with a factory rack.

Last edited:
Took a step back down from the OME 2724 springs to the OME 2723 and added Airbag Man HP5051 kit.

View attachment 3281017

Also removed my Gamiviti roof rack and replaced it with a factory rack.
How was the fitment of the Airbagman sleeves over the airbags? I just did the same kit a few days ago and the sleeve fitment was super sloppy. I was expecting a fit that was pretty close to the length of the bag, but had an extra inch on each end. Any chance you can see the sleeve part number they included with your kit?

How was the fitment of the Airbagman sleeves over the airbags? I just did the same kit a few days ago and the sleeve fitment was super sloppy. I was expecting a fit that was pretty close to the length of the bag, but had an extra inch on each end. Any chance you can see the sleeve part number they included with your kit?
I agree the sleeve isn’t super tidy. Sliding the sleeve and bag into the coil was frustrating because the bag wanted to move, but the sleeve wouldn’t move much due to the excess. I assume it is that way to allow the bag to expand and contract without exceeding the sleeve.

My sleeve says IPS6009, but the only part number that comes up searchable is CS6009.

Nothing too exciting just some new windshield wipers as the old ones were falling apart and today was not a day to go without.

Also the wifey just got back from a 3600 mile road trip with the cruiser and she had nothing but good things to say about it for the duration. Once it warms up around here it will be time for a tune up!

F6E7AB8F-C7A5-4AA7-82D2-62FB133D2730.jpeg

Switched over to a Mister Hitches adjustable hitch for a new articulating coupler for my camper. The rear swing out bumper ate up too much clearance and cut down on articulation so I had a new camper tongue built and switch to a Hitch-Ezy coupler, this thing is sweet.

F36CFB5B-922D-4F2E-B2D4-03B18FD5CEB2.jpeg
679B82EE-1205-404B-B1BA-A63F4EFF0007.jpeg
F4E1E71D-3584-4F45-AE94-070373C303DC.jpeg

Oh, and we ditched the Navigator and got the Cruiser a new roommate.

801F70F7-7925-468C-BFE2-AA22357891C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Switched over to a Mister Hitches adjustable hitch for a new articulating coupler for my camper. The rear swing out bumper ate up too much clearance and cut down on articulation so I had a new camper tongue built and switch to a Hitch-Ezy coupler, this thing is sweet.

View attachment 3282003View attachment 3282002View attachment 3282001

Oh, and we ditched the Navigator and got the Cruiser got a new roommate.

View attachment 3282005

I just love that there is a cruiser here not ever going to be used as a minivan. Cant do the LC wrong like that!

I just love that there is a cruiser here not ever going to be used as a minivan. Cant do the LC wrong like that!
Funny you say that because I had a thread about my last breakdown in my Navigator and how dumb I was to leave my cruiser at home. True to Mud form there were some very helpful members posting Cruiser listings for me to consider. We considered them but in the end we opted for the larger people hauler minivan. It’s worth mentioning that the Sienna is AWD so there’s power to all 4 just “NO4LO” which we’ve decided will be the license plate at renewal and bonus for playing well with the Cruiser plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom