What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4.88s, front and rear air lockers, 24 gal LRA, new OME 2774 rear springs. Relocated my CDL to the OEM rotary locker switch panel and put my compressor switch in its spot. I plan to relo the VSC switch there too as I used its location for the LRA level/pump switch.

CA29B54E-8531-4950-9B99-BC3CDAD7305E.jpeg

2DEF308A-404D-44F3-B3E1-CBE8627B7974.jpeg

Cheapo bubble level in the upper console lid for checking level at camp. Double sided tape keeps it in place.

yDgaHA1.jpg

Gotta get them rigs level! Same idea, different location.

1675314078529-png.3236677

Looks great! Did you use all of the spacers included in the kit? (2 front 1 rear) Do you have any measurements for the lift you gained? I've seen several people leave off the smaller front spacer and it looks very level just like yours.
@skmaynard1 sorry for the slow reply I missed it originally.
I put in all the spacers 2 front and 1 rear. I actually didn’t read much about it prior to installing. I’m very happy to have put in both front spacers. I don’t like bro lean but rake bothers me as well.
I don’t have before measurements but I can get some post lift measurements. It is considerably taller with the lift and tires. My wife was less than impressed when I had to ask her watch the roof to make sure it cleared the garage door. Haha.

@MWOverlanders loving that wheel / tire combo!
I'm loving it so far. Prior I had a set of 0 offset Summit wheels with 33s and it rubbed badly ... this +25 and the 35x10x5 is an awesome combo so far. As soon as I get the sliders built and some skids ordered i'll go out and test them thoroughly.

oh can’t wait to see what they come up with. I am stuck between tko fab or the slee sliders.
This is a pair he built for a GX470. I requested the same with bolt on skids for the AHC.

27F4A029-F296-4FD8-B791-687A48C2C96D.jpeg

I'm loving it so far. Prior I had a set of 0 offset Summit wheels with 33s and it rubbed badly ... this +25 and the 35x10x5 is an awesome combo so far. As soon as I get the sliders built and some skids ordered i'll go out and test them thoroughly.
I have the 18" w/+18 offset. Looking at yours makes me wish I opted for the 17" +25. That's a handsome but capable looking rig.

I removed my factory splash guards in preparation of installing the innovative skid plate system from @turbo8 tomorrow.

Also used @bloc ’s excellent method for greasing driveshafts and got the front and rear driveshafts lubed up with Lucas Red “N” Tacky grease.

Thanks also to @Sac Cerevisiae for his post on greasing prop shafts with the service manual pages.

AC1EAB4A-14B5-4644-A696-DCF3F7BE33F2.jpeg

Installed Owl Expedition ASAP flaps. Great kit. Straight forward installation. No hardware issues.View attachment 3240067

Nice. Are they universal fitment or already patterned for the 200-series? I've been thinking about some extended flaps as my 35 AT tires need more coverage to keep from throwing rocks at my tin can travel trailer.

These are specifically for the 200 series, although made for other platforms. Member @Ramathorn15 sells them.

Nice. Are they universal fitment or already patterned for the 200-series? I've been thinking about some extended flaps as my 35 AT tires need more coverage to keep from throwing rocks at my tin can travel trailer.
Don't you have big flaps on your hitch? I was going to do something similar. I don't have your ss rockguards either.

Don't you have big flaps on your hitch? I was going to do something similar. I don't have your ss rockguards either.
I looked into those big hitch flaps and didn't particularly like that solution. I've not done anything so far but the trailer SS rockgaurds are collecting more dents than I like. Ideally, I'd have splash guard extensions to clip on when towing only. So I'm not dragging them when off-roading and to keep a more sleeper appearance.

Just got the HE "wanta be" emblem on this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom