What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I painted my grill black bc of rock chips n ugly chrome. If I messed it up
I would buy a new aftermarket from Japan
9988282E-8F58-4D6D-A86E-027870BA1B40.jpeg

Switched out my rear IRONMAN FOAM CELL PRO 3" lift coil springs for a set of OME 2" progressive rate 2721 springs to level things out. I also removed my running boards and sprayed the frame and under carriage with Fluid Film FFM-AS11. I know it's somewhat subtle but I think it looks much better now.
I treated the under body with two applications of CORROSEAL rust converting metal primer a couple of weeks prior to applying the Fluid Film. I will post a few photos of what it look like now. It definitely looks so much better now that most all of the ugly surface rust is gone. I plan on re applying the Fluid film every year before they salt the roads. This year we have been lucky so far with no snow.

IMG_6280 (1).jpg

Rear with 3" IRONMAN Foam Cell PRO coil springs
IMG_6722.jpg

OME 2721 2" Lift Progressive rate coil springs

Last edited:
Huge difference, hard to capture how much it changed in the pictures. 3M kit.
9710E38E-8E7F-45F5-89C7-6C893000C938.jpeg
23A51C3C-4B8D-42DA-BC18-E29F7436B165.jpeg

Got the sombrero too.

89203E31-A7C8-47B5-86AA-3F6801EAF3A7.jpeg

IMG_6905.jpg

I used "improved braking" as an excuse to work on the truck. New rotors (cryo’d DBA), pads (Hawk LTS), powder coated OE calipers, stainless StopTech lines.

Only had a couple minor catastrophes. Then I took a Costco jar of Advil. Bedded them in on Lake Shore Drive early this morning (got my Ferris Bueller on). I think it really improved things.
I got help from all over Mud. @bjowett @suprarx7nut @landtank @cruiseroutfit @Taco2Cruiser @linuxgod

I’ve got some used brake components with plenty of life. They aren’t pretty, but they’ll work just fine. (Keeping front calipers)

Last edited:
View attachment 2211778

I used "improved braking" as an excuse to work on the truck. New rotors (cryo’d DBA), pads (Hawk HPS), powder coated OE calipers, stainless StopTech lines.

Only had a couple minor catastrophes. Then I took a Costco jar of Advil. Bedded them in on Lake Shore Drive early this morning (got my Ferris Bueller on). I think it really improved things.
I got help from all over Mud. @bjowett @suprarx7nut @landtank @cruiseroutfit @Taco2Cruiser @linuxgod

I’ve got some used brake components with plenty of life. They aren’t pretty, but they’ll work just fine. (Keeping front calipers)

Those look awesome! How did you bleed from calipers?

Those look awesome! How did you bleed from calipers?
Thanks.

My son stepping on the pedal. I bought a Motive and a specialized adapter, but it wouldn't come close to fitting. Took a few tries, lots of air.

Put on my spacers... driver side rear sticks out a bit too much.... :confused:

20200215_183734.jpg

20200215_184719.jpg

20200215_184742.jpg

20200215_184753.jpg

Following @Narkhelek 's lead and added a handle and stacked aluminum spacers for a home depot expedient mod to the $14 Amazon coolbox tray.
IMG_5165.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom