Fog Lights on lower front grill? New Rigid Industries DOT/SAE model available... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BAY2MTN

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone install fog lights in the front lower portion of their grill (as circled in pic)?

New Rigid Industries SR-Series PRO DOT/SAE J583 Selective Yellow 6" Fog Lights look as though they would be a perfect fit with some trimming of the vertical grill support.

Thoughts?

IMG_6501.jpg

906704_SR-SERIES_PRO_6__SAE_Yellow_Pair.jpg

Rigid 906704 specs.png

The last time I removed the bumper don't recall and good place to attach the lights. Something would have to be fabricated that attaches to the frame as I have for the Pushbar I bought in Australia.

Last edited:
^ NICE!

I'm planning on doing something similar like this for the 2020 year...I've been looking at the PIAA RF series lights but the Rigids look nice as well:

i0tcRDz.png

Attaching to the aluminum crash bar looks to be the way to go but boy am I worried about taking off that front fascia piece!

Last edited:
Attaching to the aluminum crash bar looks to be the way to go but boy am I worried about taking off that front fascia piece!

It's not bad at all. The clips to remove the grill around the transmission cooler are a little fussy.. the front camera gave me a little trouble.. but the rest was very straightforward. It is well-designed from the beginning.

I bought one of those Toyota OEM push bars another user here brought in from Australia in 2017. I gave just over a grand for it with shipping and maybe import taxes. I'm sure they retail for less but getting them shipped here isn't cheap.

If you are close to the southern border I wonder if you could get one from a dealership in Mexico, have it put on and import it installed.

Last edited:

@SQRRRL, I've been interested in something like this for a year or so. Not being a DIY person I wasn't sure how to get it done. But what you have done here looks very interesting. Did you have someone fabricate those mounts for you? How did you wire them? Off the fog light switch (which I think means that they would go off when the high beams go on?). The local Toyota dealer has done builds on 4Runners and Tacomas/Tundras. I wonder if they would do the install work for me.

@SQRRRL, I've been interested in something like this for a year or so. Not being a DIY person I wasn't sure how to get it done. But what you have done here looks very interesting. Did you have someone fabricate those mounts for you? How did you wire them? Off the fog light switch (which I think means that they would go off when the high beams go on?). The local Toyota dealer has done builds on 4Runners and Tacomas/Tundras. I wonder if they would do the install work for me.
Jax Motorsports in Upland Ca. Did the work. He made to mounts. As for switches I went with an sPod. This is the location I chose. The screen mount can’t be seen while driving. Not a distraction at all. Defrost and A/C work as they should. Airbag deployment is not a concern either.
6D66FB1B-5A78-4FA9-A636-2D7415525948.jpeg
8318D0A8-A516-4B20-A842-78618C10E14F.jpeg

I am thinking a set of 2 6” bars behind the front fascia on opposite sides of the license plate bolted on the crash bar. They are necessary here in Knoxville and surrounding area when it rains at night. It’s literally pitch black on many roads near me as we have lots of narrow roads(no shoulders) with tall trees that can fall on the road during storms. It would be nice to see them ahead of time. I like the midnight edition to keep them hidden to the naked eye. I would like to add an actual AUX flip switch around the center console area, instead of a push button near the left knee for quicker access and not having to look for it amongst the other buttons

Last edited:
I bought one of those Toyota OEM push bars another user here brought in from Australia in 2017. I gave just over a grand for it with shipping and maybe import taxes. I'm sure they retail for less but getting them shipped here isn't cheap.

If you are close to the southern border I wonder if you could get one from a dealership in Mexico, have it put on and import it installed.
I was the first one to import one. I have checked many countries, but Australia was the only one (definitely Mexico didn't have one). Looks like the off-road market is huge there that is worth making it there. I was surprised I didn't find anything in Middle East at that time with number of LC sold there. When spoke with suppliers and dealers in Australia, they were not willing to ship due to liability restrictions (not crash tested in US). Finally found one who was willing to get me one. The other way was have someone local buy it and ship it. I have paid a little more then you as was shipping only one unit. The deal you got was very nice as you have save a lot on shipping since it went bulk with other stuff. I have to say the bar is excellent quality and still looks like new. I have not had a chance to mount it back on my LC20 I just got. Definitely was not willing to give it away with the trade.

I have 2 10" Black Oak dual row LED light bars that are going in that same spot soon. SQRRRL was my inspiration, and I hope mine fit as well as the ones he has.

I have 2 10" Black Oak dual row LED light bars that are going in that same spot soon. SQRRRL was my inspiration, and I hope mine fit as well as the ones he has.

please post up pics when done. Looking forward to see how it looks. I know I couldn’t fit 10” bars next inside next license plate on my MY19 because of the air dam

Last edited:
@SQRRRL, do you happen to have any pics of how well the enhance the lighting at night? (I should know this but what model year do you have?). 100% of my motivation for doing this or something similar is enhanced lighting at night. Like @Angelo1 I drive a lot of back roads and forest roads at night.

@SQRRRL, do you happen to have any pics of how well the enhance the lighting at night? (I should know this but what model year do you have?). 100% of my motivation for doing this or something similar is enhanced lighting at night. Like @Angelo1 I drive a lot of back roads and forest roads at night.
The rig is a 2013. The 11” light bars are floods for off road driving. They do complement the light bar on the roof. I feel the IPF amber fogs in the OEM location work well for night driving in the Sierra “395” snow storms etc. the low beam and amber fogs work fantastic together as the OEM low beam is not super white. I can’t see crap with a super white/blue LED. A true fog pattern in the grill location will put out a ton of light.

I was the first one to import one. I have checked many countries, but Australia was the only one (definitely Mexico didn't have one).
I believe it, I'm just surprised having lived in Mexico City and been a frequent visitor for 30 years.

In Mexican car culture push bars are more common than here with people even putting them on sedans. Plus the roads aren't great and there is tons of ranching and agriculture so having a push bar to open gates would be useful.

I believe it, I'm just surprised having lived in Mexico City and been a frequent visitor for 30 years.

In Mexican car culture push bars are more common than here with people even putting them on sedans. Plus the roads aren't great and there is tons of ranching and agriculture so having a push bar to open gates would be useful.

Mexico may have something that is not Toyota branded. I have not explored that. This was the first and only OEM I have found that attaches in 4 points vs. 2 points from bottom which will not bend and damage bumper with the slightest fender-bender. Westin and similar sold in US are just crap that is purely esthetic and will cause more damage. As well cannot handle lights installation on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom