What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How are those trailers acocomodating the LC wheel lug pattern? Large/wide adapters from 5 to 5 or 6 to 5?

I needed to widen the track of the trailer to better match the track width of the 200, 2 inches on each side. Not a huge fan of spacers on vehicles, but on the trailer I was willing to do it. I was also planning to replace the 6 lug hub on the trailer to the 5 x 150 to have matching wheels, so instead of replacing the hubs and spacers, I ended up going with a conversion spacer that went from 6 x 5.5 to 5 x 150 and was 2 inches wide. So it cost me $200 for spacers verses $400 for spacers and hubs. The spacers are pretty cool going from the 6 to 5 with the correct studs.

Where did you get them? That’s what I need for my trailer.

USA Adapters, formerly FTW Adapters. Real good guy that has answered the phone every time I've called.

Sold my TRD PRO BBS wheels in a matter of hours to a local Tundra owner and bought 4 new Rock Warriors. Actually got the RW cheaper than what I paid for the BBS. If anybody has a spare 5th please let me know.

To my surprise there were 4 RW in the SE DC and 9 in the MW DC. I had black PC RW on my ‘13 and decided I didn’t want black again and also more tire options on the 17” vs 18”.

Sold my TRD PRO BBS wheels in a matter of hours to a local Tundra owner and bought 4 new Rock Warriors. Actually got the RW cheaper than what I paid for the BBS. If anybody has a spare 5th please let me know.

To my surprise there were 4 RW in the SE DC and 9 in the MW DC. I had black PC RW on my ‘13 and decided I didn’t want black again and also more tire options on the 17” vs 18”.

What is a SE DC/MW DC?

There a set advertised as brand new in Denver for $1200 asking. (not mine, just saw it this morning)

Saw that and was going to suggest to Cody...but he’s good now.

Looks like a fantastic used set there... If in the Denver area and looking for RW, they don’t get much better than that $ for that condition.

Thanks Markuson. Did same to my 100 series last month. It was a lot harder than you describe.

200 series was really easy! Took me about 5mins total with power drill.
Last time I did this was to my 80 series that was rusted up a bit and that took forever!

So would common advice be to remove the OEM boards to prevent damage, or leave on as some mediocre amount of protection when off roading. Guess what I mean... I don’t in any way expect them to work as sliders. Question is, if you tale a slight hit, would factory boards have more likelihood to reduce damage, or will their flimsiness make damage more likely?

So I smacked them on a rock when trailing a few weeks back... bent the running board just a bit... if they weren't there nothing would've hit...

I would agree with the rest that it'll only potentially cause more damage than good

@milkyxj @JtFSU I might have to message you guys next time I drive down to gwinnett to visit family.
Got a cousin with a gen1 4runner and another with an 80s Montero built and they've been trying to get me to come down for a trail ride

@TRAIL TAILOR ’s new spring design’s ride is...incredible. Wow. What a massive improvement! Seriously.

No washboard test or crazy desert pounding test yet...but man these feel so much better even just over terrible pieces of pavement, dips, curbs and turns. Truly a wow difference on handling small stuff well despite being heavies u set my mammoth weight. Will hit the dirt later today or tomorrow for a full test, but already the difference is stark.

Last edited:
Markuson:
I am not seeing these on Trail Tailor's site yet, or maybe my search fu is weak. What are the specs and how much lift are you seeing on your heavy LC with these on the rear
?
@TRAIL TAILOR ’s new spring design’s ride is...incredible. Wow. What a massive improvement! Seriously.

No washboard test or crazy desert pounding test yet...but man these feel so much better even just over terrible pieces of pavement, dips, curbs and turns. Truly a wow difference on handling small stuff well despite being heavies u set my mammoth weight. Will hit the dirt later today or tomorrow for a full test, but already the difference is stark.

View attachment 1903206View attachment 1903207View attachment 1903208View attachment 1903209

Last edited:
There a set advertised as brand new in Denver for $1200 asking. (not mine, just saw it this morning)

Damn I wish I was closer to Colorado.

Cody, I have a spare spare. ;)

I'm sure you have them there too
don't worry. These actually go on the market pretty often because most Tundra owners do not value them as much as LC200 owners do, and we are a rare breed. Still, if you want someone to buy and hold or ship from anywhere I'm sure that could be done. My guess is that seller would sell and ship for the asking price. He lives near my Denver house.

Markuson:
I am not seeing these on Trail Tailor's site yet, or maybe I my search fu is weak. What are the specs and how much lift are you seeing on your heavy LC with these on the rear
?

They haven’t existed very long.
Only recently designed...

Will post more in the TT thread soon.
I posted an initial reaction, but will be beating on them harder soon and report once I do real testing.

As for lift...my 2725’s day slightly higher than these do...but only slightly. What’s interesting is that these are taller than the ONEs off the truck...so they are designed to partially compress more of their extra length under load. That also means they have more coil to lengthen at high speed as the tires dip downward, though, too...which is not a bad thing.

Anyone have a spare Rock Warrior in the ATL area? I have a set that is going on in the spring but would like a matching spare.

Anyone wanting to wheel N. Ga feel free to hit me up. I'm right down the road from Tray mountain and Beasley OHV. Haven't found any other areas around me yet.

If you can work a deal with the seller be happy to pickup and drop off at shipping facility for you if they wont ship. It says reasonable offer, for around 1k these would be a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom