What have you done to your 200 Series this week?

Yeah. One got the slightest bend from a light brush on a dirt pile last weekend. I’m in the same camp- only protection they offer would be flying gravel.
Off they come tonight, along with mud flaps!

Love the color! What’s the reason for removing the mud flaps...curious?
Thanks!
No huge reason. Just wanted to see how it looked. Will see how messy the truck gets on rainy days. Also, here in N GA, the things that get encountered are shallow, but steep edges holes, as well as going over small logs. Those tend to grab mud flaps pretty easily, especially ones as large as the LC rears. Long term would like to find some that are a bit smaller, or trim the stock rear ones. I remember seeing someone here made some filler pieces to close off the rear bumper.

milkyxj

Thanks!
No huge reason. Just wanted to see how it looked. Will see how messy the truck gets on rainy days. Also, here in N GA, the things that get encountered are shallow, but steep edges holes, as well as going over small logs. Those tend to grab mud flaps pretty easily, especially ones as large as the LC rears. Long term would like to find some that are a bit smaller, or trim the stock rear ones. I remember seeing someone here made some filler pieces to close off the rear bumper.
Where in N. GA? I'm In Young Harris, Beasley OHV is near if you would like to go wheeling sometime. Shoot me a text 678-614-9296. I have a 100 and a 200 currently.

SQRRRL

SILVER Star
Thanks!
Chips in paint.

Thanks!
Ugh.

I've replaced 6-7 windshields over the last ~6 years, and got a chip in my week-old (to me) LX, too. The cause was the same in every single instance: someone (usually a pickup) without mudflaps passing me and throwing a rock into my windshield. Were it legal, I would castrate people that took off their mudflaps without replacing them with another set. End rant.

Markuson

SILVER Star

Ugh.

I've replaced 6-7 windshields over the last ~6 years, and got a chip in my week-old (to me) LX, too. The cause was the same in every single instance: someone (usually a pickup) without mudflaps passing me and throwing a rock into my windshield. Were it legal, I would castrate people that took off their mudflaps without replacing them with another set. End rant.
The cumprits I’ve run into usually have less to do with flaps and more to do with Bro trucks with tires that extend well beyond their wheels wells.

Or big rigs.

Last edited:

Sedalia

SILVER Star
Thanks!
Looks good that way. We can't do that in CO because it will crack windshields.

Sedalia

SILVER Star
The cumprits I’ve run into usually have less to do with flaps and more to do with Bro trucks with tires that extend well beyond their wheels wells.

Or big rigs.
Both. And some tires seem to pick up and fling rocks better than others. I'd guess MTs probably less than lugs with tighter spacing. Yes, here in CO we get pelted very often so replacing the windshield every other year is pretty typical. Of course some people just don't know that they will cause damage by removing the flaps, but anybody here in Colorado knows better.

Top Bottom