What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (87 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My fuel door hasn't been this clean in two decades

PXL_20230704_172053306.jpg

I actually painted it myself… I really don’t know how to put a number on it.

I had to actually repair the truck after a branch fell on the truck… so I basically decided to just spend extra on my time and materials to completely refinish the entire truck.

It’s pretty expensive to completely refinish a vehicle nowadays… it could cost you anywhere from $5k to $10k, that’s just a rough figure. It all depends on if you are sticking with the same color, changing the color, and how far you are going (say if you are going into the jams, under the hood, etc)…

You could go really cheap and take it to somewhere like Maaco, and they’ll just tape everything up (instead of completely tearing the truck down)… and probably get it done for under $5k ish?

Complete refinishes can get pretty expensive. When I repainted my FJ62, if I wouldn’t have done it myself it would have probably been $10k+
Man that is just fantastic…wish I had the space/supplies/boldness to do that!! Yeah, I have gotten quotes ~$10k - hard for me to swallow when that is more than what I originally paid for the whole vehicle.

Muscle, steel, and sex appeal is what comes to mind when I look at these newly installed Hitachi Coils, paired with DENSO Iridium long life plugs. I also changed out the air filter today with a basic FRAM. Simple maintenance to some, but it made me feel good. All but two of my plugs were hand tight. Only one coil had a crack, and they all look to be OG Toyota DENSO's, with possibly one or two of them replaced with OEM over the last 262k miles. Do I just discard them all, or are they worth saving? Without knowing how many miles are on them, I can't see myself ever reusing them...
I aimed plug torque to 13 ft.lbs., but torque range was from 13 to 15.
Not sure if it's just my deep sense of satisfaction, or if the LC is actually running better. Probably a little of both!

View attachment 3353101

View attachment 3353102

View attachment 3353103
Plugs should be torqued to 18 ft/lb per @2001LC 's guidance. :)

In another thread, there’s an interesting issue that came up…

rear AC work but front AC does not cool…

Does anyone have an FSM to chime in? Help this guy out?

Very busy 2 weeks. Got my front locker/gears back from the guy building it and installed using an 80 series switch. I have a plan to light the front locker indicator in the dash (thanks wrongsidedaily), and need to finish wiring that and the compressor I installed. Did diff bushings and steering rack bushings while the diff was out. Trying to finish some rock sliders, but keep getting sidetracked by things (like wheeling).

Found an ARB awning for cheap, and got an attic shelf installed as well. Got some hella horns. Last thing for a bit (LOL) is to finalize what I'm doing with the second battery setup.

20230706_192232.jpg

20230623_213541.jpg

20230706_192305.jpg

20230605_233557.jpg

20230602_230002.jpg

Last edited:
Is that an ih8mud event? Black hills classic sounds nice. Where can I get more info on this? Sliders look good
I’m sure there are a couple threads here on mud, but here is the link for the event:

I’m sure there are a couple threads here on mud, but here is the link for the event:

Great I appreciate the info man!

Ditched the hitch, opened up the bumper. This will give my swing arm bike rack tons more clearance and easily allow for a much larger spare tire.

LX bumper trim pieces on the left. There is an inner, outer and the rivets to put it all together. I chose to use the much smaller/simpler pintle trim piece. As you can see there is a faint outline of the LX pattern in the plastic. Two circles are where I marked the lower holes just in case I needed them (I didn’t).
IMG_4049.jpeg

I couldn’t decide which way was up. Seemed like the hooks would go in the top and the flexy clip part would go in the bottom. Until I got it mounted…
IMG_4050.jpeg

Once mounted to the truck it was obvious I had it upside down. Of course that’s when I cracked the plastic 😂 Oh well, it will be on the bottom.
IMG_4051.jpeg

Took off my TT recovery points in favour of some Ironman units. Nothing at all wrong with the TT points, I just prefer the attack angle on the IM points when used with a stock bumper. TT points are for sale if anyone is interested. They were bolted up but never “used”.

I think I see a spare raise in my future.

Last edited:
Ditched the hitch, opened up the bumper. This will give my swing arm bike rack tons more clearance and easily allow for a much larger spare tire.

LX bumper trim pieces on the left. There is an inner, outer and the rivets to put it all together. I chose to use the much smaller/simpler pintle trim piece. As you can see there is a faint outline of the LX pattern in the plastic. Two circles are where I marked the lower holes just in case I needed them (I didn’t).
View attachment 3368678
I couldn’t decide which way was up. Seemed like the hooks would go in the top and the flexy clip part would go in the bottom. Until I got it mounted…
View attachment 3368679
Once mounted to the truck it was obvious I had it upside down. Of course that’s when I cracked the plastic 😂 Oh well, it will be on the bottom.
View attachment 3368680
Took off my TT recovery points in favour of some Ironman units. Nothing at all wrong with the TT points, I just prefer the attack angle on the IM points when used with a stock bumper. TT points are for sale if anyone is interested. They were bolted up but never “used”.

I think I see a spare raise in my future.

I’ve learned why I haven’t seen this done before. A straight pintle to 2” square receiver adapter doesn’t exist… That I can find.
Can anyone confirm this pattern? Thinking about giving Send Cut Send a try.
IMG_4055.png

Replaced screen. HIGHLY recommended 'mod'. Old screen for comparison; it didn't look nearly that bad powered on but the hairline cracks were still noticeable. I think the cracking also scatters the light around because not only is it crisper, but the viewing angles are better.

20230709_080522.jpg

20230709_080745.jpg

I’ve learned why I haven’t seen this done before. A straight pintle to 2” square receiver adapter doesn’t exist… That I can find.
Can anyone confirm this pattern? Thinking about giving Send Cut Send a try.
View attachment 3369085
There's a ton on amazon, but I suspect if you're searching for "pintle" you're missing a bunch of options. Try searching for just "bolt on receiver hitch":

A quick check yielded a few with mounting patterns that may be close enough to work without any mods. Here's one:
Amazon product ASIN B0B9746WYT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom