What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The reason I ask is I was swapping the upstream on my truck as well. I found a third unconnected harness there that drops from the exhaust manifold that I cannot identify. It's a mystery!

Oil change nd repaired some minor damage from GSMTR.
20220626_144945.jpg
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG

Somehow a bunch of the bolts came out of my Bump It skid plates.

Still pretty filthy.

Last edited:
Big week for the War Wagon. She got four new AHC globes from Impex and some fresh AHC fluid, new DBA rear rotors and EBC Green Stuff pads, and new Sylvania Ultrastar headlight bulbs. I also diagnosed why head rear A/C wasn’t working—loose fuse!

After dismantling the rear cargo area a short while back to replace the subwoofer foam, and tightening the LT quarter panel glass, I discovered my rear body panel would fill with water! This would happen after it rained, or I washed the vehicle! Discovered it needed a rear body weatherstrip around the hatch! Replaced that, and shampooed and cleaned rear cargo area after reassembling!
B16E62FA-C82B-45CB-BB8A-6DB4CA5F0ADA.jpeg

A435E921-30C4-4407-B0E5-428D1AAB8356.jpeg

Last edited:
Both are cleanly done…

Depends upon the demeanor of the steed wearing the badge… mine appears too close to stock to justify the TEQ badge… But, maybe

Choose the one you like

Both are cleanly done…

Depends upon the demeanor of the steed wearing the badge… mine appears too close to stock to justify the TEQ badge… But, maybe

Choose the one you like
Doing the urban war wagon look. AKA Mall Crawler meets Executive Outcomes.

Put it in a carshow as a joke... and won 2nd in its class? Then proceeded to help my buddy move a motorcycle. Got new oem taillights to replace weird aftermarket LED ones from previous owner. I also ordered new front brakes and will put them in soon.

Forgot to mention I also towed an abandoned car offroad at the gambler 500 a few weeks ago:
IMG_9880.jpg
IMG_9882.jpg
IMG_9887.jpg
IMG_9896.jpg

I added an alu-cab 270 awning for all of the non-existent tailgating that I do. Hopefully this will encourage the family to go outside a bit more knowing that we’ll always have shade if we want it.

Initial first impressions are that the awning is constructed quite well and is really easy to use. That said I’ll never purchase another product from alu-cab if this is the kind of customer support I should expect. I’m missing hardware, the instructions are useless and the alu-cab designed bracket for the front runner rack isn’t a direct fit.

My 2000 LC has door for cabin filter but no filter. Anyone know what size or how to find out. Toyota doesn’t show it came with one.

If it's got the door, then it should accept any of the filters for a 2003+ LC/LX since they're all the same. There are two rectangular filters in there that stack, just make sure the parts counter sells two. It seems like lately they're happy to sell me a single filter for the same price I used to buy a pair at.

Had a thunderstorm roll through this afternoon, that knocked a small tree down across 2 of our 100 series ☹️

BC892A74-95D5-4B82-AFC4-5676B604CB33.jpeg
140B0547-0FE1-423F-89CF-2D5624487201.jpeg

Last edited:
"How much damage? I'm a little worried about the gray one!"

Initially we were more concerned about removing the tree, without causing any more damage, before it got dark.

So far, we've found surprisingly little damage...

(Maybe I should've already put a @nakman Gamiviti on all three of them...)

1656395484737.png

1656381895363.png

Last edited:
Got 3M Ceramic IR tint on all 8 glass panels done on my 2000 Mall Cruiser at OC Tint Solutions (SoCal) for summer protection. Jason and team were really nice to work with.

They do tint a lot of Teslas but I’d give them a 9.8/10 with the work on the Mall Cruiser. The films cuts go perfectly against the contours of the trims and weatherstrips. Final product was great with no bubbling. If you're getting some tint from Jason them know the Black 2000 LX470 sent you there.

Factory bronze tint + Ceramic IR gives a mirror effect 2nd row onwards.

3M thinsulate, 3M Ceramic IR, sound deadening pieces (they do double as weatherproofing) including butyl, CCF, MLV all make a difference in making the Cruiser a lot more liveable in NPs all season.

Can’t wait for the next trip!

C66EBDA0-D249-47A8-8CB1-BBB1A5181CCB.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom