What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good. I’m partial to the Lexus badging.

Question: how did you get the thin chrome trim off the top of the rear hatch? I was planning to paint in place with lots of masking…
Went with Satin black paint and a semi-gloss clear with a new "L" badge. If anyone has a black pearl OEM "L" please hit me up. I want it! Thanks for the confirmation. The upper trim was actually pretty easy. The lower section was the most difficult because of my big fat fingers. For the upper part, I used fishing line to cut through the 3m double-sided molding tape in between the two plastic studs. Pushed studs through gently from inside of the tailgate. I then took a 3M rubber wheel attached to my cordless drill/screwdriver to remove the tape residue from the upper hatch. Prepped surface with alcohol and laid down new red 3m double-sided molding tape. Put the molding back in place.

Last edited:
Got 3M Ceramic IR tint on all 8 glass panels done on my 2000 Mall Cruiser at OC Tint Solutions (SoCal) for summer protection. Jason and team were really nice to work with.

They do tint a lot of Teslas but I’d give them a 9.8/10 with the work on the Mall Cruiser. The films cuts go perfectly against the contours of the trims and weatherstrips. Final product was great with no bubbling. If you're getting some tint from Jason them know the Black 2000 LX470 sent you there.

Factory bronze tint + Ceramic IR gives a mirror effect 2nd row onwards.

3M thinsulate, 3M Ceramic IR, sound deadening pieces (they do double as weatherproofing) including butyl, CCF, MLV all make a difference in making the Cruiser a lot more liveable in NPs all season.

Can’t wait for the next trip!

View attachment 3044828
Did you do sunroof, too?

Not yet, probably I should get the lightest tint on that one!
You can order the ceramic film in clear precut on Amazon or most of the other websites. This way you can do it yourself. I did that on mine. I keep my cover open so as to not be hassled by the fuzz about my entire windshield tint and not burn my pasty delicate skin during the lovely summer months.

You can order the ceramic film in clear precut on Amazon or most of the other websites. This way you can do it yourself. I did that on mine. I keep my cover open so as to not be hassled by the fuzz about my entire windshield tint and not burn my pasty delicate skin during the lovely summer months.
Yeah I recently ceramic tinted all my windows except windshield and sunroof. Now I'm wishing I did sunroof so it could help with the heat rather than just relying on the manual cover. Maybe try to do that myself like you mention.

Yeah I recently ceramic tinted all my windows except windshield and sunroof. Now I'm wishing I did sunroof so it could help with the heat rather than just relying on the manual cover. Maybe try to do that myself like you mention.
It is not too bad. "Just the tip": lay down lots of towels and abide by more soapy water is better than less. Maybe 15 minutes and a couple of new curse words.

Do the windshield before the sunroof, I think that helps with most of the heat getting into the cabin at least for the first 2 rows.

Probably 70% VLT or higher's the best option for visibility reasons especially on trails or NPs at night.

Do the windshield before the sunroof, I think that helps with most of the heat getting into the cabin at least for the first 2 rows.

Probably 70% VLT or higher's the best option for visibility reasons especially on trails or NPs at night.
Wish I could, no shop in PA will touch the windshield and I'm not messing with it.

Wish I could, no shop in PA will touch the windshield and I'm not messing with it.
Tint shops in CA do it despite the over regulation here.
I was at a traffic stop next to a cop car twice on my way home out of the tint shop and wasn't pulled over. :rofl: They'd usually give dark front row tints a pass unless it's a really bad cop day I guess.

Tint shops in CA do it despite the over regulation here.
I was at a traffic stop next to a cop car twice on my way home out of the tint shop and wasn't pulled over. :rofl: They'd usually give dark front row tints a pass unless it's a really bad cop day I guess.
I work down the street from a police station, I have 30% tint on the front windows, my habit is to slide open the sunroof cover to let more light in when a cop is near, my wife makes fun of me for doing that. I've had 2 co-workers get tint tickets by work. I don't do that in my DD, which has 50% tint all around.

I run 50% VLT on the windshield/sunroof, and 18-20% on the front windows (only windows measured by the scanner) and blackout everywhere else. It's just cheaper for me to pay the fine (tax) than to remove the investment of window film. It's like a $35-45 ticket and no points every 90 days or something. I think on my 50th one I get a set of steak knives or something. I can't really abide when I see police cruisers running around with ALL windows at 5% VLT. As much as I enjoy chatting up the smoking hot lady cop that runs radar at the bottom of the bridge near my place (Mrs. Officer!) it does get bothersome when I am in a hurry or have to go to the can. Yeah, yeah officers safety and all that good stuff too... 🤷‍♂️ :rofl::cool:

Last edited:
I have a 2000 LC and it has a slot for an air filter. There isn’t one in it. I’m having trouble finding the part online. Anyone know what fits it? Photo below of what it looks like.

F56CC41E-2D2C-4957-9D0B-05EF8CD3C76A.jpeg

FFE3B090-75D6-47CE-8F59-1A843358794A.jpeg

If it's got the door, then it should accept any of the filters for a 2003+ LC/LX since they're all the same. There are two rectangular filters in there that stack, just make sure the parts counter sells two. It seems like lately they're happy to sell me a single filter for the same price I used to buy a pair at.
Thank you. It does look like the style that accepts two. Posting photos below for you took at. Thanks so much.

0E330840-8C35-441F-9274-DB2B68146965.jpeg

25085E77-6CA2-4FF5-B7BD-9467CFCB7438.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom