What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definitely dope, lol. Needs one of new Garage Alpha grills that are supposedly coming out soon. :cool:
Dope is a funny word.. still laughing. I am not sure about the grille. Its cool... but not sure if its too modern. I'd almost rather repaint my current grill as its flaking pretty badly on some spots.

Dope is a funny word.. still laughing. I am not sure about the grille. Its cool... but not sure if its too modern. I'd almost rather repaint my current grill as its flaking pretty badly on some spots.

Just saw a gx with that grill in Denver, wasn’t a fan. I think it is the too modern thing made it look out of place.

@nakman set me up with one of his Gamiviti racks today!
3C49C5FF-29F5-4B0A-94AF-A8C3C8D1F9AF.jpeg

I began today by replacing both front door lock actuators. While I had the door panels off I cleaned and prepped the doors for my eventual sound deadener and stereo install. Thought you might like to see the mock-up. Also, I was smart enough to damage my "follow me" lock doohickey thing (technical term) that mounts to the rear of the lock cylinder. I apparently wanted to make sure my keyless entry continued to not function properly. Following in the great @MongooseGA footsteps of doing stuff the hard way first. Can anyone ID this part {see last 2 pics} or part number? Thanks in advance.

AISIN DLT081 {#6904060080, 6904060081}, AISIN DLT091 {#6903060080, 6903060081, DLT-091}
(2) Metra Toyota speaker adapters 82-8148
(2) NVX water-resistant speaker baffle with wave cone XBAF65
(4) Metra speaker harness 72-8104 (Midbass driver only tweeter will have own separate wiring due to capacitor needed)
NVX 90 Mil sound deadener. (not pictured 3 bulk packs 120 sqft, 1 speaker pack per door)

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

I began today by replacing both front door lock actuators. While I had the door panels off I cleaned and prepped the doors for my eventual sound deadener and stereo install. Thought you might like to see the mock-up. Also, I was smart enough to damage my "follow me" lock doohickey thing (technical term) that mounts to the rear of the lock cylinder. I apparently wanted to make sure my keyless entry continued to not function properly. Following in the great @MongooseGA footsteps of doing stuff the hard way first. Can anyone ID this part {see last 2 pics} or part number? Thanks in advance.

AISIN DLT081 {#6904060080, 6904060081}, AISIN DLT091 {#6903060080, 6903060081, DLT-091}
(2) Metra Toyota speaker adapters 82-8148
(2) NVX water-resistant speaker baffle with wave cone XBAF65
(4) Metra speaker harness 72-8104 (Midbass driver only tweeter will have own separate wiring due to capacitor needed)
NVX 90 Mil sound deadener. (not pictured 3 bulk packs 120 sqft, 1 speaker pack per door)

View attachment 2998360

View attachment 2998361

View attachment 2998362

View attachment 2998365

View attachment 2998366
Good work. But please don't call @MongooseGA "great", his head's big enough as it is!

/jk

If your head gets thrown around in accidents that much there is bound to be some swelling... One would presume anyway. :rofl: But I am not a doctor.

In the middle of replacing my Nav screen. Now waiting on part......
20220503_114637.jpg

This 2006 was stock when I purchased it. I have done some interior stuff but, do to it now having 206+ on the clock and having NO idea when/if the timing belt has/had been changed, it was time to do some work. While it was in the shop (Over the Mountain Cruisers, Birmingham Alabama) getting the t-belt and heater t's done, I decided to add an ARB bumper, Diode dynamics pro fogs mounted in the arb bumpers cutouts (more on that later), 30' single stack light bar (Amazon special), Baja designs squadron ditch lights mounted on Ronin metal brackets (The hands down best IMHO) , and under body puddle lights mounted to the Owl Expedition mounts.

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_9906.PNG

IMG_9911.jpg

Put on my OEM CVs from the Southeast Toyota 25% off MSRP promotion today along with new inner and outer bearings ,hub flanges the FSM way.
Innards with Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease, exteriors with Marine grease for rust protection.
Stripped the axles down to the steering knuckle and its dust shields for a cleanup.

Preload ended up with a pretty consistent~13ft lbs preload with
  1. DS 54mm nut at 75 ft lbs, will probably replace that lock nut the next repack.
  2. PS nut reached the same preload at 65 ft lbs
  3. Mobil 1 Synthetic grease
Hub Flange snap ring used was size E with ~0.03mm gap.

Thanks to mud and @2001LC for great tips.
IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_5365.JPG

2D920A42-6F5E-41AC-8997-09261717069F.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got my bonus for last year (gosh they hang onto it forever) and so just pulled the trigger on:
  • White Knuckle Offroad sliders
  • An Amazon light bar to go on my rack
  • Some 3d printed stuff for inside the car (a better cupholder and a less-janky-looking shifter plate)
    • Edit: added a new shifter handle because it also looks like crap, and noticed I'd left a diff bushing assembly in my impex.jp cart, so that got ordered too...
  • And some Owl Expedition brackets to put rock lights/ puddle lights back under the LX that have been gone since before I bought it and the previous owner took off the running boards
That ought to keep me busy for a minute.

Last edited:
This 2006 was stock when I purchased it. I have done some interior stuff but, do to it now having 206+ on the clock and having NO idea when/if the timing belt has/had been changed, it was time to do some work. While it was in the shop (Over the Mountain Cruisers, Birmingham Alabama) getting the t-belt and heater t's done, I decided to add an ARB bumper, Diode dynamics pro fogs mounted in the arb bumpers cutouts (more on that later), 30' single stack light bar (Amazon special), Baja designs squadron ditch lights mounted on Ronin metal brackets (The hands down best IMHO) , and under body puddle lights mounted to the Owl Expedition mounts.

View attachment 2999827

View attachment 2999828

View attachment 2999830

View attachment 2999831

View attachment 2999832
You did what I've been thinking of doing, mounting the ditch light to your side mirrors. How's the wind noise and lighting in that location

I posted this in another thread, but installed the Kicker HS10, a 10" Powered Underseat Sub below the passenger front seat. Sounds absolutely amazing for what it is. Plenty of room.. fits like a glove :)

20220504_135134.jpg

20220504_182425.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom