What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New guy here. just got a 05 from the inlays with a host of long put off repairs. started today by replacing the door lock actuator motor so that one of the doors works again. couldn't have done it for cheaper had it not been for a handy thread on here showing me where to find the motors, and I still managed to buy the wrong ones or my actuators are different than the other 100 series. next up are the CV axles. hopefully those aren't too bad. shop wants 2k to do both sides with OEM.

New guy here. just got a 05 from the inlays with a host of long put off repairs. started today by replacing the door lock actuator motor so that one of the doors works again. couldn't have done it for cheaper had it not been for a handy thread on here showing me where to find the motors, and I still managed to buy the wrong ones or my actuators are different than the other 100 series. next up are the CV axles. hopefully those aren't too bad. shop wants 2k to do both sides with OEM.
You will save about half of that money if you do it yourself, and you will learn a lot and better understand any potential failures. You can spend some of that money on any tools that you don't have for the job, and still come out ahead.

You will save about half of that money if you do it yourself, and you will learn a lot and better understand any potential failures. You can spend some of that money on any tools that you don't have for the job, and still come out ahead.
yea I'm sure id save tons. its the time that's short. oh and my confidence in replacing whatever oil seals are in there. ill probably tackle it though. got a nice leak coming from the diff side and both cv boots on both sides are shot after 12k miles of use (sarcasm). the shop used shoddy parts and they've failed in a year.

I made an all aluminum roof rack to replace my janky factory one. I mostly just need crossbars for my Yakima box and things like that. Did a trip to Denver and back and it passed the test but proved to need a front fairing to cut the wind vibrations.

DE347D31-1CC7-4AE1-9224-BA9F1DD84BE1.jpeg

A1CA3E21-3AD1-4AD5-ADC6-2FA96A6EB2D0.jpeg

I made an all aluminum roof rack to replace my janky factory one. I mostly just need crossbars for my Yakima box and things like that. Did a trip to Denver and back and it passed the test but proved to need a front fairing to cut the wind vibrations.

View attachment 2996087

View attachment 2996088

You should be able to get a Yakima or Thule to fit on that front cross bar easily.

Yes, a
How are you getting the marks out? Do you have a buffer? Looks great btw.
Thanks! Yeah, a buffer and the 3M professional three-step paint correction system. A couple tiny places will need some paint touch up with a toothpick or whatever. It won’t end up perfect but it will be a lot better than when the flares first came off. I did this to my 2000 LC also. It was champagne pearl so the marks didn’t show as much.

Last edited:
Installed the weatherstrip in all 4 doors. Very much satisfied. Lexus dealers asked $400 for the installation but nearest collision center did the better job in $50. Though easy installation but not in mood to do DIY on a stormy day.

What is wrong with the cv axles? if boots torn, just go to toyota and get a kit, it will come with boots, bands, and grease. Not a bad job, a few hours and getting dirty.

What is wrong with the cv axles? if boots torn, just go to toyota and get a kit, it will come with boots, bands, and grease. Not a bad job, a few hours and getting dirty.
leaking from the diff side, both boots torn on both sides, and only 12k miles on them. id like to go back to OEM. those lasted way longer with no problems. I figure if I'm already ripping into them to the diff, I might as well put in the equipment I hope will be problem free longer.

Finally... 6 months after installing the headlights I figured out how to connect the Halo's. Very bright.. not sure if its too cheesy or dope! ;)

20220501_155332.jpg

Finally... 6 months after installing the headlights I figured out how to connect the Halo's. Very bright.. not sure if its too cheesy or dope! ;)

which set did you get? And are you happy with them?

which set did you get? And are you happy with them?
Got the set straight off Amazon and I am happy with the look. I wouldn't say that the light output is superior to stock though...

I've had my LX for almost a year and PO didn't hook up the halos, I really should do it
Yah.. sounds like me. Super easy.. just splice it right into the H7 bulb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom