What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is wrong with the cv axles? if boots torn, just go to toyota and get a kit, it will come with boots, bands, and grease. Not a bad job, a few hours and getting dirty.
leaking from the diff side, both boots torn on both sides, and only 12k miles on them. id like to go back to OEM. those lasted way longer with no problems. I figure if I'm already ripping into them to the diff, I might as well put in the equipment I hope will be problem free longer.

Finally... 6 months after installing the headlights I figured out how to connect the Halo's. Very bright.. not sure if its too cheesy or dope! ;)

20220501_155332.jpg

Finally... 6 months after installing the headlights I figured out how to connect the Halo's. Very bright.. not sure if its too cheesy or dope! ;)

which set did you get? And are you happy with them?

which set did you get? And are you happy with them?
Got the set straight off Amazon and I am happy with the look. I wouldn't say that the light output is superior to stock though...

I've had my LX for almost a year and PO didn't hook up the halos, I really should do it
Yah.. sounds like me. Super easy.. just splice it right into the H7 bulb.

Definitely dope, lol. Needs one of new Garage Alpha grills that are supposedly coming out soon. :cool:
Dope is a funny word.. still laughing. I am not sure about the grille. Its cool... but not sure if its too modern. I'd almost rather repaint my current grill as its flaking pretty badly on some spots.

Dope is a funny word.. still laughing. I am not sure about the grille. Its cool... but not sure if its too modern. I'd almost rather repaint my current grill as its flaking pretty badly on some spots.

Just saw a gx with that grill in Denver, wasn’t a fan. I think it is the too modern thing made it look out of place.

I began today by replacing both front door lock actuators. While I had the door panels off I cleaned and prepped the doors for my eventual sound deadener and stereo install. Thought you might like to see the mock-up. Also, I was smart enough to damage my "follow me" lock doohickey thing (technical term) that mounts to the rear of the lock cylinder. I apparently wanted to make sure my keyless entry continued to not function properly. Following in the great @MongooseGA footsteps of doing stuff the hard way first. Can anyone ID this part {see last 2 pics} or part number? Thanks in advance.

AISIN DLT081 {#6904060080, 6904060081}, AISIN DLT091 {#6903060080, 6903060081, DLT-091}
(2) Metra Toyota speaker adapters 82-8148
(2) NVX water-resistant speaker baffle with wave cone XBAF65
(4) Metra speaker harness 72-8104 (Midbass driver only tweeter will have own separate wiring due to capacitor needed)
NVX 90 Mil sound deadener. (not pictured 3 bulk packs 120 sqft, 1 speaker pack per door)

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

I began today by replacing both front door lock actuators. While I had the door panels off I cleaned and prepped the doors for my eventual sound deadener and stereo install. Thought you might like to see the mock-up. Also, I was smart enough to damage my "follow me" lock doohickey thing (technical term) that mounts to the rear of the lock cylinder. I apparently wanted to make sure my keyless entry continued to not function properly. Following in the great @MongooseGA footsteps of doing stuff the hard way first. Can anyone ID this part {see last 2 pics} or part number? Thanks in advance.

AISIN DLT081 {#6904060080, 6904060081}, AISIN DLT091 {#6903060080, 6903060081, DLT-091}
(2) Metra Toyota speaker adapters 82-8148
(2) NVX water-resistant speaker baffle with wave cone XBAF65
(4) Metra speaker harness 72-8104 (Midbass driver only tweeter will have own separate wiring due to capacitor needed)
NVX 90 Mil sound deadener. (not pictured 3 bulk packs 120 sqft, 1 speaker pack per door)

View attachment 2998360

View attachment 2998361

View attachment 2998362

View attachment 2998365

View attachment 2998366
Good work. But please don't call @MongooseGA "great", his head's big enough as it is!

/jk

If your head gets thrown around in accidents that much there is bound to be some swelling... One would presume anyway. :rofl: But I am not a doctor.

In the middle of replacing my Nav screen. Now waiting on part......
20220503_114637.jpg

This 2006 was stock when I purchased it. I have done some interior stuff but, do to it now having 206+ on the clock and having NO idea when/if the timing belt has/had been changed, it was time to do some work. While it was in the shop (Over the Mountain Cruisers, Birmingham Alabama) getting the t-belt and heater t's done, I decided to add an ARB bumper, Diode dynamics pro fogs mounted in the arb bumpers cutouts (more on that later), 30' single stack light bar (Amazon special), Baja designs squadron ditch lights mounted on Ronin metal brackets (The hands down best IMHO) , and under body puddle lights mounted to the Owl Expedition mounts.

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_9906.PNG

IMG_9911.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom