What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed orange boxx fab
20200605_194552.jpg

almost 8 months after installing my ARB bumper, I finally installed the front plate! This is what it looks like with the @TRAIL TAILOR diff drop and @ASFIR 4X4 front aluminum skid
View attachment 2328589

View attachment 2328590

Mine does not have those square nuts holding the plate to the bumper... Where did you see they were meant to go there? IMO, having that gap is probably not ideal. More likely to get hung up on something or just be a straight mud scoop.

Those bolts were crazy tight, kept spraying them with PB, whispering “don’t you snap on me fawker”

Funny how whispering is the strategy until it doesn't work- then screaming and cursing are the remedy. Sometimes I throw things, too. That doesn't help, though.

After my radiator swap last week I've seen temps higher than I'd really like. Like, 197 on the highway at 75 mph. Not crazy, but I don't think I should be seeing it. Idle in 90* ambient with front and rear AC blasting shows 188, so wasn't sure what was up. Yesterday I threw in a new OEM t-stat (old one was only a year old but cheap and easy to change to be safe) and replaced the Zerex red coolant with OEM Toyota pink (04+ get pink, not red). Now she's just the way I like them on the inside- wet, hot, and bright pink. No, no pics, you pervs.

Do these come for 100 series?

1591428673068.png

Finished installation of Ironman 2" lift with Nitro gas shocks, control arm reinforcement, Trail Tailor diff drop. Actually finished a few days ago but forgot the control arm reinforcement plates:doh:. While adding the plates I added a spline to the TB. Mine were almost maxed out using the recommended indexing while allowing for 1" rake. Adding a bumper/winch in the future would have certainly required reindexing. Much easier now while everything is greased.
IMG_2591.jpeg

Couple questions--Drove it about 50 miles without the diff drop. Noticed what looked like a small amount of fresh CV grease spray. No tear in the boot, appears to come from the inner clamp at inner joint. Thinking about cutting clamp, adding grease and reclamping. Is there a specific amount of grease that should be in there?
Question 2--I can only get about 2" of droop. I would like to have a little more. Is the limited droop a function of my stock UCAs? Haven't had it realigned yet.

Finished installation of Ironman 2" lift with Nitro gas shocks, control arm reinforcement, Trail Tailor diff drop. Actually finished a few days ago but forgot the control arm reinforcement plates:doh:. While adding the plates I added a spline to the TB. Mine were almost maxed out using the recommended indexing while allowing for 1" rake. Adding a bumper/winch in the future would have certainly required reindexing. Much easier now while everything is greased. View attachment 2331110
Couple questions--Drove it about 50 miles without the diff drop. Noticed what looked like a small amount of fresh CV grease spray. No tear in the boot, appears to come from the inner clamp at inner joint. Thinking about cutting clamp, adding grease and reclamping. Is there a specific amount of grease that should be in there?
Question 2--I can only get about 2" of droop. I would like to have a little more. Is the limited droop a function of my stock UCAs? Haven't had it realigned yet.
A few other members here have complained about new OEM CVS suffering from inner boot clamp failure. Keep an eye on it or just put rolled edge clamps on now. As for the grease, there is a LOT of grease in there (almost half a cup!) I wouldn't worry about adding any but contamination can be a concern if the clamp fails.
The front droop sucks balls on these IFS trucks. Remember all of it comes from the control arm bushings flex. And it is definitely limited by the UCAs.
In my experience the Nitro UCAs did give me almost another inch and a half of additional droop so if you wheel her than maybe consider those. FWIW I wheel my truck on stock UCAs all the time and can't seem to find much fault with stock UCAs.

Installed orange boxx fabView attachment 2331059

Nice! I've often thought about getting one. Do you happen to have any photos of the two mounting points at the bottom? Looks like you have to take off the trim and maybe drill a couple holes for the screws?

The real question is: why is this still here?

View attachment 2331336

I would kill to replace my nav with something aftermarket

Guys... I think it’s time we start a gofundme for @ikarus
Ahha dude I’m not rich like you!!
I’ve been rolling with a cassette adapter for 4 years now ha

Nice! I've often thought about getting one. Do you happen to have any photos of the two mounting points at the bottom? Looks like you have to take off the trim and maybe drill a couple holes for the screws?

have to remove lower trim and drill 2 hole on upper trim. What i did to re inforce the bottom i drill tru trim and metal behind trim. added rivnut for better support.
20200606_101934.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't done much since my late April project of repairing 2 leaking coolant hoses. Nothing exciting, yesterday had Costco rotate and balance my tires and install new tire pressure sensors...I'd been staring at the light for over a year. Today I decided it was finally time to change the oil (it has been about 13 months), cleaned the MAF sensor, pulled the factory skid plates in preparation for my ASFIR skid plate that is in route. This afternoon, I'll grease the drive shafts once my new Lock N' Lube grease gun attachment arrives.
LX470_a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom