What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (90 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys, super happy with the set up so far.
@MongooseGA Yeah, Galactic Grey. only had to trim the bottom corners of the pinch weld. Gonna melt the plastic back to clear all the way.

@OEMGUY0720 FIfteen52 Turbo Mac HD 5x150 4.75 backspacing. They stick out a little more than I hoped but I'm looking at trying to fit the Husky long John fenders on to cut down on the rock chucking.

@implayaz9 No fitment issues at all. The front hub caps don't fit but that seems to be all the case with a lot of 100 series aftermarkets. I dont mind the look. The holes for the lug nuts are tight and a thin wall socket is needed.

I have an 04 as well, I have been looking for a way to update mine. Does this fit exactly into the space of the old one? I assume the buttons on the side don't work.

Not OP, but it isn't a screen replacement. It's a computer that works in place of your disc changer. So all the side buttons, regular nav, aircon, trip settings, etc. work as factory.

Absolutely massive amount of info here: GROM VLine - Google apps/Android&iPhone integration

You can probably skip halfway through—the early units were kind of buggy/junky, but the bugs seem to have been worked out by VL2.

I have the VL2 as well, and it's outstanding. Not perfect by any stretch, but really good.

Not OP, but it isn't a screen replacement. It's a computer that works in place of your disc changer. So all the side buttons, regular nav, aircon, trip settings, etc. work as factory.

Absolutely massive amount of info here: GROM VLine - Google apps/Android&iPhone integration

You can probably skip halfway through—the early units were kind of buggy/junky, but the bugs seem to have been worked out by VL2.

I have the VL2 as well, and it's outstanding. Not perfect by any stretch, but really good.
Gotcha, I need this but was ideally looking for a screen upgrade as well. I feel the backup cam in worthless with the screen glare and resolution compared to current tech. Would love to add a front cam if at all possible. Thanks for the info. Will read up as this solves one problem.

Wired up the rear 12V outlets! Just tapped into the 12V outlet in the center storage box.

1576195402577.png

1576195413435.png

Gotcha, I need this but was ideally looking for a screen upgrade as well. I feel the backup cam in worthless with the screen glare and resolution compared to current tech. Would love to add a front cam if at all possible. Thanks for the info. Will read up as this solves one problem.

Getting modern screen tech in there is hella expensive. Someone may be able to quote the thread, but you'll need parts from outside the US to convert yours to the manual climate controls and make space for that screen.

Or you can go with that big Chinese Tesla-like unit. That's probably cheaper, and some here have done it with success.

Sorta related—the VLine has two RCA inputs. I've got mine set to front and rear cams.

that's smart.

noted for future project. where did you get the trim piece?

Installed this “Carlinkit” dongle on my Android head unit. It adds Carplay and wow, it works great! Best $30 I’ve spent in a while. I don’t think I’ll be using the Android portion of the radio anymore.

6CABB837-AF5A-4216-9D75-39AA76AEEB8D.jpeg
C04816DF-5B68-44FE-8F29-372D9D21919E.jpeg
9188AB22-E33B-4F10-A9B6-16D9FF99B5F9.jpeg

What did you transition to?
I bought BFg KO2 in 33" size. They aren't any better than the Falken Wilde Peaks - I just needed a larger tire for wheeling and I got a great deal.
I keep dreaming about putting some snow tires for the winter but then would spend money on stuff not quite as necessary (such as door seals!). Oh well, nobody has accused me of being smart :cool:

Explored the source and trail of the Mojave river around Baker, CA. (A bit tricky at times as it is mostly underground.) Stayed at Sawtooth Canyon BLM campground. Great spot. (Bring your own water and TP).
sawtooth .jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom