Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@BenCC : Wanted to mention a 200 series suggestion while I was thinking of it. It seems that there is a lack of options (that fit nicely) for shelves in the Cool Box of the center console of the newer LCs. My friend ordered the most popular one only to find that it didn't sit quite right and got rid of it. Just a thought, great work so far!
It is all about measurement and revision. Can you post the link of the product you mentioned?

I need the dimension of the opening after the DVD player is removed. That place is good for a storage pocket, or mounting a trailer brake controller maybe.

or the HAM radio that currently floats in that space for me. I'd like a pocket of sorts to put there so I can hard mount it rather than let it bang around all the time. No harm done so far, but I'm probably asking for it.

or the HAM radio that currently floats in that space for me. I'd like a pocket of sorts to put there so I can hard mount it rather than let it bang around all the time. No harm done so far, but I'm probably asking for it.
If I could take some measurements of that opening and the HAM radio...;)

If I could take some measurements of that opening and the HAM radio...;)

You're on. I'll try to get it today. I thought I had them handy, but it seems I don't.

Put it on the truck. Dimension is OK.
One problem is the snap-fitting hooks on the part is too rigid. Once it got in, it is difficult to get it out. Need some adjustment.

It is Make 7. I think it is the time we give this project a name. Any suggestions? Like back-of-the-center-console mount...

IMG_0023.jpg

Make 7: Rear Cooler Switch Hole Mounting Plate

7.1 Overview of the Final Product

1708270086910.png

Make7 V1

Note: Make7 V1 mounts two 12V socket devices, such as

12V Socket

USB Extension

USB Charger 2.1 A

USB Charger 4.8A

2019-11-21_16-47-58.jpg

Make7 V2

Note: Make7 V2 mounts one 120V outlet and one 12V socket device. The Toyota part number of the 120V outlet is 85530-35050-C0. The harness can be found here.

2019-11-21_12-42-08.jpg

Socket device CAD courtesy of Alexander Polyakov at Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library

2019-11-21_12-44-01.jpg

7.2 Introduction

This mount it to replace the blank panel or the radio control unit at the back of the center console. It mounts two car socket devices.

7.3 Design and Fabrication

Multiple prototypes have been made to test the dimensions, surface printing method, and materials, etc.

7.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

120V Outlet: 85530-35050-C0
Wire Harness (In-Cab 120V 400W Power Outlet Wire Harness - https://www.ktjo4x4.com/collections/in-cab-power-outlet-products/products/toyote-oem-12-in-cab-ac-120v-400w-power-outlet-plug-n-play-wire-harness-1)

12V Socket

USB Extension

USB Charger 2.1 A

USB Charger 4.8A

Note: The following figure shows how you remove the mount and how not to.

1574435054731.png

7.5 Purchase Link

$30 (Tan, Grey, Black)+Shipping

PM for direct Paypal payment.

Last edited:
Make 7: (Tentative) USB and 12V Socket Mount at the Back of the Center Console

7.1 Overview of the Final Product

View attachment 2132402

Socket device cad courtesy of Alexander Polyakov at Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library

View attachment 2132404

7.2 Introduction

This mount it to replace the blank panel or the radio control unit at the back of the center console. It mounts two car socket devices.

7.3 Design and Fabrication

View attachment 2132403

7.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

12V Socket

USB Extension

USB Charger 2.1 A

USB Charger 4.8A

7.5 Purchase Link

(Not completed)
Your Amazing!

A lousy picture of an install (done in the dark):
1573700113800.png

My kid loves it!

In my preferred seating position, I've got limited visibility of it, but I am ~5" taller than he is.

A lousy picture of an install (done in the dark):
View attachment 2132593
My kid loves it!

In my preferred seating position, I've got limited visibility of it, but I am ~5" taller than he is.

I found some version of Scangauge II has very narrow angle of view from left to right. This version has solid plastic buttons.
The other version has very wide view, which has soft rubber buttions.

Reactions: KTP
I found some version of Scangauge II has very narrow angle of view from left to right. This version has solid plastic buttons.
The other version has very wide view, which has soft rubber buttions.

My lousy picture might have confused the issue a bit. My issue has less to do with the LCD viewing angle, and more to do with my height, and a preference for very upright seating position. I only see the lower 1/3 of the LCD screen, the rest of the screen is blocked by the overhead console.

This really is a non-issue for me, as this is for my son, in his car, and he loves it.

My lousy picture might have confused the issue a bit. My issue has less to do with the LCD viewing angle, and more to do with my height, and a preference for very upright seating position. I only see the lower 1/3 of the LCD screen, the rest of the screen is blocked by the overhead console.

This really is a non-issue for me, as this is for my son, in his car, and he loves it.
I have a question: Lots of fathers buy this from me for sons. Why? lol

I have a question: Lots of fathers buy this from me for sons. Why? lol

Crazy old dads, that like Land Cruisers, and are demented enough to put their kids behind the wheel of a 3-ton tank, that is nearly as old as the kid? (My kid is 21, his TLC is 19)

Kids that want some modern amenities/technology in their old vehicles?

A relatively easy father/son project?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom