What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All I did was punch it into google maps and I got up there going all the way through Silverado. Was awesome. Proof below (if necessary...) And looking forward to riding up with another LC partner at some point.

View attachment 2026172
View attachment 2026173
View attachment 2026174
I will go with you if you give me a weeks heads up. I was already planning a trip up there this weekend anyway, if you want to meet up!
Count me in too. I'm in the OC.

All I did was punch it into google maps and I got up there going all the way through Silverado. Was awesome. Proof below (if necessary...) And looking forward to riding up with another LC partner at some point.

Well that’s great, we’re all just jealous since the gate from 4 Corners has been closed since the fires. Hope it’s all clear now and not a fluke, either way happy you made it up!

Replaced bottom of the seat, and added owl expedition fire extinguisher mount.

B5791567-A41C-4D3E-86DF-370FC85A3BA5.jpeg

Learned a lot yesterday and today about AHC. Cranked my torsion bars back to its original settings. Thought I would be able to lift the LX with torsion bars adjustment, I was wrong. And while I was under the truck, saw the lights under the sidestep has too much dirt on it. So I wiped it off, then discovered this: the bulb had condoms, then I took it off.
47C6B579-DBC8-4081-94E4-0C6BAB69A93E.jpeg

Now it doesn’t match the LEDs in the interior Lol.

And since I had time, OC kicked in:
D04D845C-8F12-44B8-ABC1-1F423B937D8A.jpeg

More OC.. mild cut, polishing and glossing and finally some additional 9H ceramic coating.
9C5847FA-9FE6-407C-9FB0-4FD19BEC4E77.jpeg

Stopped by the world famous RPM Garage in Monrovia to check and adjust my AHC pressure. Pictures show the original reading and the lowering with a couple turns of the torsion bars. The ride before was fine, but I think it actually improved a feels better. My LX is a 99 with 107k miles for reference. We figured appx every quarter turn of the torsion bars was about .1 of adjustment.

61DA6B2F-06CC-4E3E-8BD4-1D2BE92BE374.jpeg

993D2F3F-20F6-4D3E-B816-6F52554CDB0D.jpeg

EBDB8820-B0F6-48E3-B1BD-A23D45C977F7.jpeg

D105C299-9F21-4219-82AC-AB1A6E321E29.jpeg

Replaced all the courtesy lights in the doors. The originals did not survive the led install. Tried to find just the covers but ended up spending $70 for all four housings through Toyota.
Sometimes it’s the little things.
The front and rears are the same but they are different for right and left.
Mine were old and tired but still took some pressure to remove. When removing push the housing towards the rear of the car, then pry off at leading edge. Be careful not to damage door card.
FE1B21CD-5CC8-4EA2-8362-D387C405D0D4.jpeg
DAFE772A-57F2-4A95-A506-467114A1BB7A.jpeg

And yes. I am aware I need to do something with my speaker covers.

Installed a diff drop from SLEE. Two challenges:
1) The rear dif mount bolt was so dang hard to break loose. I had to use my jack handle as an extension on my breaker bar. I have never had to do that anywhere else!
2) Also rear dif mount. There is actually a nut up there that I put a crescent wrench on to hold nut while I went to town on the bolt. But I couldn't find the dang nut when reassembling everything! I figured it must be someplace random in the frame and hopefully not at the bottom of the LCA. I ended up using the nut to the crossmember mount (same size) to hold the rear dif mount in place and did the genius drive backwards and hit the brakes. It fell out! I don't know where it was, but I feel like I stayed at a holiday in express last night.

Installed a diff drop from SLEE. Two challenges:
1) The rear dif mount bolt was so dang hard to break loose. I had to use my jack handle as an extension on my breaker bar. I have never had to do that anywhere else!
2) Also rear dif mount. There is actually a nut up there that I put a crescent wrench on to hold nut while I went to town on the bolt. But I couldn't find the dang nut when reassembling everything! I figured it must be someplace random in the frame and hopefully not at the bottom of the LCA. I ended up using the nut to the crossmember mount (same size) to hold the rear dif mount in place and did the genius drive backwards and hit the brakes. It fell out! I don't know where it was, but I feel like I stayed at a holiday in express last night.

Had the same experience recently - happened to coincide with an exhaust install and asked the tech to knock it loose. He commented it was the hardest nut he'd ever seen. Made me feel like less of a wimp.

Rebooted the passenger side drive shaft. Found some writing on the shaft. Does this mean I have an aftermarket shaft? And Dang! This job stretched my abilities as an amateur.
42F54C66-BC45-40D9-B88A-F2652722956C.jpeg

Passed my SMOG test.... not bad for a 167,000 mile truck with original catalytic converter, etc... While I was waiting, I was thinking about why I hate doing this so much. I then remembered when I took an old Datsun in to a smog shop for testing in 1983, they failed me, but suggested next time I "close the manual choke" next time I bring it through. A lack of love, on their part, I must say.
Gil

smog trash.jpg

Passed my SMOG test.... not bad for a 167,000 mile truck with original catalytic converter, etc... While I was waiting, I was thinking about why I hate doing this so much. I then remembered when I took an old Datsun in to a smog shop for testing in 1983, they failed me, but suggested next time I "close the manual choke" next time I bring it through. A lack of love, on their part, I must say.
Gil

View attachment 2027259
mine has 275 and still stock Cats and blows like a new car

Tackled the usb conversion in the center lower dash. I also got a deal locally on a used fridge freezer that I snagged. It’s got loops drilled for turn buckles to latch and tie down in the back of the cruiser.

I have this fridge and love it. Going on 3 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom