What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Adjusted AHC sensors last weekend. Cranked torsion bars 6-8 turns to alleviate the squishiness for now. Still have to install newer/used rear springs plus the 30mm coil spacers. I'll then take a look at the pressure readings. Sitting at about 21" front and 22" rear center hub to fender. About 1.25" total raise all the way around (don't have exact before measurements in front of me). DF accumulator is going but in all system still great for 271k.

After:

20190615_165112.jpg

Here's the before.

20190329_142618.jpg

Wow are you going back to OEM? I'm in the same boat myself.
Mine were slightly worst. RF pad material was gone and it was scoring the disk. Replaced everything woth OEM and the brakes are amazing!

I did my tailgate this week too (i found it easier than the hood i did last year).

Also cleaned out the AC cabin box. I bought a dryer lint brush from menards to help clean it out and then AC foaming coil cleaner to clean it (multiple times over a day). I thought my AC drain drained fine but after the cleaning, it is much better and no more drip on the passenger side.

I did order the filters from amazon and just sawed off the tips and the filters fit fine in the stock LC box.

View attachment 2007396

You shouldn't have to cut or remove anything for them to fit? What year is your cruiser?

I got a couple sweet coffee table books delivered yesterday. They are used but in like new condition. View attachment 2009029View attachment 2009031
I will be using these to cram for the following PM items this weekend:
1. Heater tees and all related hoses and clamps.
2. Water pump.
3. Timing belt.
4. Serpentine belt.
5. Thermostat.
6. Radiator hoses/flush and fill.
7. Tensioners etc.

Bought the same service manual from Amazon for $112 +$12 shipping.

Finally got around to replacing my window belt molding I had sitting in my garage since December.
My old ones were pretty bad

IMG_20190621_155454.jpg

IMG_20190621_155431.jpg

IMG_20190621_155318.jpg

Finally deleted my roof rack. Enjoying the sleek look, but still working on finding the right load bar setup...

View attachment 2008190
Another vote for Rhino Rack bars, if bars are your thing. I eventually changed to Gamiviti for canoe reasons.
LC100.JPG

They're not cheap but high-quality and strong. This is the 3-bar system I bought (Amazon link).

Also note that the front-most bar attaches to mounting points just behind (not next to) the sunroof, and you'll likely need to remove the trim to get to them. The bolt pattern is different so there's no work-around. Rhino says that it's a stronger point than mounting right next to the sunroof opening.

Mine were slightly worst. RF pad material was gone and it was scoring the disk. Replaced everything woth OEM and the brakes are amazing!
@bentonrover after a few days of research i went for the EBC slotted & dimpled rotors and 6000 series green stuff pads. I initially ordered Yellow stuff but later realized and confirmed thru a few friends that it sheds a lot of brake dust while stopping power is almost the same (unless on a track day).

Here’s a comparison on the OEM Toyota and the new pads
25F41CC9-7961-4951-8523-A5FD8EF78680.jpeg

The EBC pads already has a shim on it (on double sided adhesive)

83B2CA76-32D0-423D-B121-60755075206C.jpeg

While at it I serviced the wheel bearings too made sure it’s still intact (thankfully it is), repacked fully synthetic grease on the hub, cleaned the surfaces too using steel wire brush and semi-detailed the wheel well area, even pulled down the OE skid plate and repainted it full with 2K polyurethane clear lol.

4C3D00B4-DA89-414E-8519-6A06CA507EF4.jpeg

Even came with this:
663E4084-4B49-4E4A-AACA-DB0FA27D554A.jpeg

Looks like it’s a type of anti-seize grease similar to that of what Denso provides with their Oxygen sensors except this is metallic gold in color.

@bentonrover after a few days of research i went for the EBC slotted & dimpled rotors and 6000 series green stuff pads. I initially ordered Yellow stuff but later realized and confirmed thru a few friends that it sheds a lot of brake dust while stopping power is almost the same (unless on a track day).

Here’s a comparison on the OEM Toyota and the new padsView attachment 2009406

View attachment 2009408

While at it I serviced the wheel bearings too made sure it’s still intact (thankfully it is), repacked fully synthetic grease on the hub, cleaned the surfaces too using steel wire brush and semi-detailed the wheel well area, even pulled down the OE skid plate and repainted it full with 2K polyurethane clear lol.

View attachment 2009410

Even came with this:
View attachment 2009411
Looks like it’s a type of anti-seize grease similar to that of what Denso provides with their Oxygen sensors except this is metallic gold in color.
Looks great brah

Here’s a comparison on the OEM Toyota and the new padsView attachment 2009406

View attachment 2009408

View attachment 2009410

Even came with this:
View attachment 2009411

Where did you purchase from? I’m close to needing a brake service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom