What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Post trip to the beach and some rain here, I got to go outside at 9pm last night and figure out which of the vehicles horn was blaring unrelentingly. Turns out it was the LC. So I get to follow some possible leaks/shorts this weekend!

I did my tailgate this week too (i found it easier than the hood i did last year).

Also cleaned out the AC cabin box. I bought a dryer lint brush from menards to help clean it out and then AC foaming coil cleaner to clean it (multiple times over a day). I thought my AC drain drained fine but after the cleaning, it is much better and no more drip on the passenger side.

I did order the filters from amazon and just sawed off the tips and the filters fit fine in the stock LC box.

Filter.png

Finally got around to changing my front most front diff bushing that I’ve been dreading. As happens most of the time it wasn’t near as tough as I thought it would be. I was ready with an air chisel but didn’t even use it.

When I removed the bolt the inside of the bushing just fell out. It was definitely shot. It took me about 10 minutes to remove the bushing with a BFH and hand chisel. I pressed the new bushing back in with a ball joint press. The toughest part of the whole operation was just getting the new bushing to start straight. All in all the entire job took about an hour.

Now my clunk is gone and everything just feels tighter. I should have done this a long time ago!!!

View attachment 2007021

View attachment 2007022

View attachment 2007023
Now that you're an expert, you can swing by and do mine too!

I did my tailgate this week too (i found it easier than the hood i did last year).

Also cleaned out the AC cabin box. I bought a dryer lint brush from menards to help clean it out and then AC foaming coil cleaner to clean it (multiple times over a day). I thought my AC drain drained fine but after the cleaning, it is much better and no more drip on the passenger side.

I did order the filters from amazon and just sawed off the tips and the filters fit fine in the stock LC box.

View attachment 2007396
What did you order off amazon?

Now that you're an expert, you can swing by and do mine too!
Hah! Yeah. I think the issue most people have is not using a big enough BFH and chisel. I used a 3lb sledge and a beefy chisel. The bushing metal gave like butter with that setup.

Oddly enough the two most utilized tools in my bag are the BFH and Torque wrench.

I love these trucks!!!!

Finally extended my breathers:

I did a slight variant in that I just T-connected the OEM transfer and trany breathers and then ran new line up to top of engine bay.

Finally got around to changing my front most front diff bushing that I’ve been dreading. As happens most of the time it wasn’t near as tough as I thought it would be. I was ready with an air chisel but didn’t even use it.

When I removed the bolt the inside of the bushing just fell out. It was definitely shot. It took me about 10 minutes to remove the bushing with a BFH and hand chisel. I pressed the new bushing back in with a ball joint press. The toughest part of the whole operation was just getting the new bushing to start straight. All in all the entire job took about an hour.

Now my clunk is gone and everything just feels tighter. I should have done this a long time ago!!!

View attachment 2007021

View attachment 2007022

View attachment 2007023
Is there a right up for this? Or a video that you followed?

Last Saturday I flew down to Atlanta and drove this beauty back to DC. Bought it from @r71. Now our FJ62 has a buddy.

This will stay mostly stock (maybe sliders in the future). I do have some minor cosmetic upgrades on the way which I’ll post when all the parts come in.

8435F88B-8A43-49D6-A8A8-D605E1FB38EB.jpeg

D080CE6A-101D-4A88-884C-3AA06C54E4C9.jpeg

1C30DC00-44A1-4FA7-8AF5-2A20B5B0F7A8.jpeg

F64A264D-1CF1-47DF-891D-6F8EEA8A2726.jpeg

723602BB-02E9-4E58-A9D0-6E3A1BA38BE6.jpeg

Drivers side front fender smelled like a lawn mower so I changed this..I really dislike car parts that serve no real purpose other than enviro BS

20190619_203200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom