What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my second battery and Redarc charger and circuit breakers all wired up. Works great!
The Redarc charger is super impressive—monitors both primary battery and second battery voltage and intelligently charges the auxiliary battery to properly top it off and maintain it. Light years ahead of some other systems that are just a relay—I gather those are ok for a second starting battery or a hybrid but not so great for a true deep cycle. Or at least that’s what my electrical genius friend told me and I pretty much just do what he says....

View attachment 2001485

View attachment 2001486

View attachment 2001487

View attachment 2001488
So that accomplishes faster recharge and smarter discharge on your deep cycle battery’s. Isn’t that why you run deep cycle? Suppose it also enables you to recharge without having to turn your car on for a long period of time? Curious overall

Finished up the my main drawer build and finally got the torsion bars out of the anchor arms. Its all "easy" stuff left on my late spring to do list.

9Ip07NUWR6S1jq1NdCmisw.jpg

ey2g%IMFSSi8jMZptXQ6aA.jpg

Fix my windshield trim.... View attachment 2000720Already starting to treat this like my Cherokee XJ. LOL.
I’ve got the exact same problem after a new windshield. My guy has tried to tack it back together but it’s reverted to this look again. Do we need to have the windshield pulled and new trim purchased and replaced with re-install of glass? This is really driving me crazy.

Took it out on one of the more famous AZ trails; Broken Arrow. ONLY saw pink jeeps out there with me. Went the whole way to chicken point, and up AND down a “staircase”. Only rubbed the bumper basket once, came very close to the running board once, but unscathed besides a little light pin-striping. AHC on high,low range the whole way and locked the center diff in only two spots.

F6703E03-4FDE-444F-BE79-12F102ED7594.jpeg

73F41410-DD61-48D5-99D6-CCCDEB4BA0FE.jpeg

D000FFFB-ECB9-4C1E-8229-3A51C2219B3B.jpeg

4775244A-D985-43D1-8210-BB894430D3F3.jpeg

D08C8AAB-79AE-46EA-BE9E-BE55C0268385.jpeg

Got my second battery and Redarc charger and circuit breakers all wired up. Works great!
The Redarc charger is super impressive—monitors both primary battery and second battery voltage and intelligently charges the auxiliary battery to properly top it off and maintain it. Light years ahead of some other systems that are just a relay—I gather those are ok for a second starting battery or a hybrid but not so great for a true deep cycle. Or at least that’s what my electrical genius friend told me and I pretty much just do what he says....

View attachment 2001485

View attachment 2001486

View attachment 2001487

View attachment 2001488

Info on Redarc mount please. Is it a plate with two extended legs for mounting?

Also is that a LC designed tray or did you fab in from another model?

Did the Nav to non-Nav swap so decided to swap everything. Installed a set of Audiofrogs in the rear doors last night and removed the grille carpet and painted them. The paint didn’t match the doors very well but it is pretty close to the carpet. I was trying to find a charcoal closer to the door handle color but this was about the best I could find between Lowe’s and Menards.

Oops, forgot to get a painted grill pic.
4CBF534D-004D-439E-B030-C4341A4D5E89.jpeg
02DAFA4F-49C3-4128-B854-F120615AC383.jpeg
B353AA26-5983-499B-B705-3C5514E7B957.jpeg

@Pucker5 , the Redarc doesn't discharge the battery at all, just senses aux battery voltage and decides what it needs--it has different charging profiles you can select based on your aux battery's peak charging voltage. I'm on profile A, which maxes out at 14.6V, IIRC, and delivers three different types of current to the aux battery--boost current which is pretty strong and continuous voltage initially, then another one I forget the name of that gets the aux battery up to 13+ volts, then a "float" stage that gives it periodic little sips off 13.3V to keep it completely topped off. Apparently more effective for getting a full charge than a relay that effectively just directs full alternator voltage to both batteries or isolates the second one--my mad scientist friend says that'll never get a deep cycle battery charged much above 80% capacity.

@Dparo, I couldn't find a ready-made Redarc mount. Longranger has one for the 100 prototyped but never got back to me on when they thought it'd hit market. So I bought Lowe's beefiest 90 degree shelf bracket and, after experimenting with a couple different approaches, realized that I could just cut one leg off, drill three holes in it (2 for the Redarc on each side, plus two mounting holes) and mount it to two existing, threaded M8x1.25 holes. One of those is where my horn was mounted, so I just discarded the plastic horn spacer and rotated the horn about 40 degrees to the left, as I think you can make out in the photo. The other one was just not used. Stacked some washers up to get the bracket away from the lip of the radiator support and it works pretty well. It's super solid, but not that elegant.

And by tray do you mean the Blue Sea fuse box tray? That's a late model Taco bracket, IIRC, from Overland Equipped that was super easy to adapt to the 100. If you search my posts you should find a short writeup--I think on this very monster thread.

Yeah I was also talking to LR about that mount for the Redarc, they initially told me some time in May then have ghosted me the last two times I have asked for updates. I'll have to look for that bracket but a quick look at Lowe's brings up quite a bit. I was getting to the point of using double side tape or velcro straps but this gives me a great idea, thanks.

I'll look for your post on the OE tray, thanks again.

Finally got around to installing my MetalTech 4x4 Sliders, this past Saturday. It was nice and hot outside so I primed them, painted them, and installed them. Took a couple of hours. They look and work great, and I did a terrible paint job! We currently have a lot of pollen, and I just painted them on the back yard patio without protecting anything.

The “Work” Area:
235A99A6-6C82-448A-89C2-A642B9F935AE.jpeg

The one thing I would recommend is that you take the time to clean them before painting them. Holy crap these bad boys were dirty. I just used regular household cleaner/degreaser.

2EE987FF-9244-4106-98E5-113AE9508493.jpeg

Primed:
6EA185E6-68E8-4662-A924-6D74C5EC76CB.jpeg

Painted and Installed:
AC34669F-8627-4345-9563-585EA08A80B7.jpeg

104FE69A-5DE1-42FD-9BB8-13F655C71569.jpeg

Did the Nav to non-Nav swap so decided to swap everything. Installed a set of Audiofrogs in the rear doors last night and removed the grille carpet and painted them. The paint didn’t match the doors very well but it is pretty close to the carpet. I was trying to find a charcoal closer to the door handle color but this was about the best I could find between Lowe’s and Menards.

Oops, forgot to get a painted grill pic. View attachment 2001900View attachment 2001901View attachment 2001902
Treat them doors. Too good of speakers to not do it. Wood rings. Yoga mat, any sort of dynamat

@Pucker5 , the Redarc doesn't discharge the battery at all, just senses aux battery voltage and decides what it needs--it has different charging profiles you can select based on your aux battery's peak charging voltage. I'm on profile A, which maxes out at 14.6V, IIRC, and delivers three different types of current to the aux battery--boost current which is pretty strong and continuous voltage initially, then another one I forget the name of that gets the aux battery up to 13+ volts, then a "float" stage that gives it periodic little sips off 13.3V to keep it completely topped off. Apparently more effective for getting a full charge than a relay that effectively just directs full alternator voltage to both batteries or isolates the second one--my mad scientist friend says that'll never get a deep cycle battery charged much above 80% capacity.

@Dparo, I couldn't find a ready-made Redarc mount. Longranger has one for the 100 prototyped but never got back to me on when they thought it'd hit market. So I bought Lowe's beefiest 90 degree shelf bracket and, after experimenting with a couple different approaches, realized that I could just cut one leg off, drill three holes in it (2 for the Redarc on each side, plus two mounting holes) and mount it to two existing, threaded M8x1.25 holes. One of those is where my horn was mounted, so I just discarded the plastic horn spacer and rotated the horn about 40 degrees to the left, as I think you can make out in the photo. The other one was just not used. Stacked some washers up to get the bracket away from the lip of the radiator support and it works pretty well. It's super solid, but not that elegant.

And by tray do you mean the Blue Sea fuse box tray? That's a late model Taco bracket, IIRC, from Overland Equipped that was super easy to adapt to the 100. If you search my posts you should find a short writeup--I think on this very monster thread.

Cool thanks for the knowledge my man!

Prospeed roof rack ordered!

Last edited:
Reactions: KTP
Replaced rear pads (rotors were just fine) and front rotors and pads. Still braking them in but the pedal response is unbelievable! Used all OEM.
Oh and yes, I replaced the front bearings (@cruiseroutfit bearing kit) and brand new hub flanges too! Old bearings were full of grease but VERY loosely tightened. They were basically hand tightened o_O. The keyed washer was scored to hell too :(
I will revisit the bearing torque again in a week once they have had some time to settle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom