What have you done to your 100 Series this week?

ClassyJalopy

Whoa! 100 series brakes are awesome!!
SILVER Star
Replaced rear pads (rotors were just fine) and front rotors and pads. Still braking them in but the pedal response is unbelievable! Used all OEM.
Oh and yes, I replaced the front bearings (@cruiseroutfit bearing kit) and brand new hub flanges too! Old bearings were full of grease but VERY loosely tightened. They were basically hand tightened o_O. The keyed washer was scored to hell too :(
I will revisit the bearing torque again in a week once they have had some time to settle.

It’s available for all 100 series LXstatic 😊 I’ll be posting up a thread soon... if there’s enough interest I could do something for mud guys 😊
View attachment 2002623

View attachment 2002624
Super clean. Looks "OEM" as far as integration. I like all of my mods to have that if possible. Even on my other cars I like subtle mods that are so clean as to look OEM. Good job.

10-day trip from Columbia, Missouri to Winter Park, Moab and Ouray. Did Picture Frame Arch Trail, Gemini Bridges and or course, Shafer Canyon. Our favorites. We don't get too crazy. This is the first year the 100 has been out there and it did great. Previously, we always took my locked 80. We drove out on our squishy and QUIET Michelin P-rated and then slapped on the 2nd set of rims I have with the beefier MT's. No way I was driving out there on MT's. First photo is at Thelma and Louise Point where they ramped the car off the cliff. That's Dead Horse Point in the upper-right. Last photo is me swapping on the 2nd set of rims at our cabin the night we arrived in Moab. I decided to pull the rotor while I was there to quiet a rattling parking brake shoe that was driving me nuts.
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_E0982.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome pics! I really love how you are rocking a smittybilt XL on stock rack. $1000 you save on the rack pretty much pay for the RTT!
The RTT does have a Unistrut base under it that I built but I determined from MUD that the stock roof rack was enough to support everything weight-wise. We banged the heck out of it side-to-side on the trails and it didn't budge. I used Nord-Lock washers.

10-day trip from Columbia, Missouri to Winter Park, Moab and Ouray. Did Picture Frame Arch Trail, Gemini Bridges and or course, Shafer Canyon. Our favorites. We don't get too crazy. This is the first year the 100 has been out there and it did great. Previously, we always took my locked 80. We drove out on our squishy and QUIET Michelin P-rated and then slapped on the 2nd set of rims I have with the beefier MT's. No way I was driving out there on MT's. First photo is at Thelma and Louise Point where they ramped the car off the cliff. That's Dead Horse Point in the upper-right. Last photo is me swapping on the 2nd set of rims at our cabin the night we arrived in Moab. I decided to pull the rotor while I was there to quiet a rattling parking brake shoe that was driving me nuts.
View attachment 2002787View attachment 2002788
View attachment 2002785View attachment 2002786
View attachment 2002789
You took a 2nd wheel/tire combo set with you on this trip in the 100? Where did you stow them? I've always considered running my 18" wheels as a DD setup with something more road oriented and have a set of OEM 16" wheels with more aggressive AT tires like my KO2.

Top Bottom