What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overhauled the speakers, sound deadened, and insulated!

20190528_002106.jpg

Replaced the cabin filters and air filter. They were about 14 months and 30k miles old. Air filter was not super dirty, but the cabin filter was unexpectedly gross. Next job up: Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses, heater hoses and heater tees (all with breeze clamps).View attachment 1991674
How many miles? Replace the fan bracket while you have it all off!

Need opinions on color choice. We are prepped and spraying the Polymer. Cement gray or Beige? Using a matte finish either way, also should I mono tone the bumpers and moldings? I am thinking I will paint the OE side molding chrome strip black and keep it all the same. Going to add a hidden front winch. Iron Man 2.5 lift ready to install and 296/75/16. lseat.com sent new leather and I have to put fresh sound deadening, and install wood steering wheel. Motor has fresh seals, belts, plugs, coils and water pump, once painted I will replace all bushings and work on the drive train. Very little surface rust will be properly treated. AM I OCD??????

1998 LC 100

4u0 paint.JPG

Need opinions on color choice. We are prepped and spraying the Polymer. Cement gray or Beige? Using a matte finish either way, also should I mono tone the bumpers and moldings? I am thinking I will paint the OE side molding chrome strip black and keep it all the same. Going to add a hidden front winch. Iron Man 2.5 lift ready to install and 296/75/16. lseat.com sent new leather and I have to put fresh sound deadening, and install wood steering wheel. Motor has fresh seals, belts, plugs, coils and water pump, once painted I will replace all bushings and work on the drive train. Very little surface rust will be properly treated. AM I OCD??????

1998 LC 100

View attachment 1991696
VOODOO BLUE ANYBODY???

1998 LC 100

View attachment 1991696
I'd you were OCD, you would have removed the small vent between the 3rd row window and the brake lights 😉

1998 LC 100

View attachment 1991696

I'd be into that beige/sand color as a nod to the cruisers that came before it. Nothing better than a sand 40 or 60.

don't want to spend OEM prices on a window motor. Bought some brushes (the reason it stopped working was cracked/worn brushes. going to try and swap them. have to solder on a new clip and chip it to length. Have these coming

6V-12V-24V Car Electric Motors Carbon Copper Brushes 4x4x10 mm Heaters AC etc | eBay

View attachment 1991058

I've seen similar brushes online for power tools, with clips already soldered on. My be another option to search for. Used for rebuilding Sanders and drills, etc.

Nah, get black aftermarket ones—make yourself a black and tan.

These decisions are a lot easier when I'm spending your money :flipoff2:

But I'd paint match the factory bumpers if you're keeping them. If you're this far in already, might as well update the look.

Its the tan Interior that changes my mind! I scratched the Cement Gray and I think the Beige is where I am going. Should I paint bumpers to match?????
If you are going through the hassle of repainting then go all the way.
Voodoo blue for win.
That being said, I painted my bumpers to match the grey trim, I think it looks a little more cohesive .

If you want it to look more 1998, paint bumpers and trim a contrasting color.

If you want it to look more modern, color-match the bumpers and trim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom