What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the family for nice long day trip to see how nice the forest looks/feels after a nice wet spring in NM, before it dries out next month, and gets used/abused this summer.

0F590D48-6A49-4788-BD7C-5CBDFF80C9D8.jpeg

D098CCB1-D5B6-42AE-8EA9-6BFDFF436701.jpeg

Care to do a mini write up on what you did? Rattle can or paint gun? The cladding on my LX is faded, I’m trying to decide if I want to color match it to the body to update it a bit, or just refresh the two tone.

this was sprayed using a paint gun / compressor. This can also be done using a spray can (if you don’t have the tools) I suggest you try our first practicing on test panels (not in your car, use like a water bottle to practice).

Be careful also if your want to color match it as over time paint changes shade/hue. You may order or call your local automotive paint dealer/supplier to have it mixed for you, but the best way is till bringing in a sample panel (you can remove your gas tank door and bring that for exact paint color matching.

• sand it down to level some high spots - I used 400 grit
• use a good primer (your local automotive paint dealer can recommend one for you)
• sand after primer make sure it’s smooth
• spraying your base coat and/clear coat your working environment must not be windy especially working on spray can (pressure coming out of the nozzle isn’t as even/high as the spray gun

**will update this tomorrow it’s dark now to get some clear photos

Last edited:
change a heater T, the other looks like it was replaced on time. the one i replaced was brittle. just trying to get to the clamps off and it broke! glad to have done this before our long road trip tomorrow.

Finally installed 12” LED lights bars behind my bumper. I intended on doing this one night 2 months ago, but the install came to a haunt when I realized I needed to remove my bumper to properly mount them. Not a masterpiece of an install, but good from far. The amazon wire harness with remote made it reallllllly easy.

View attachment 1991543

View attachment 1991544

View attachment 1991545

View attachment 1991546

View attachment 1991547
What harness did you use? I have had a set of lights to add there for like 2 years. Need to go ahead and install

What harness did you use? I have had a set of lights to add there for like 2 years. Need to go ahead and install
Amazon product ASIN B010AYS38G
I used this amazon wire harness. super cheap and easy. I actually didn't run the switch inside the cab for a couple days. Then I was at a Toyota car show this weekend and ran across someone selling switches and picked up a appropriate button switch. The Remote the harness comes with works really well though. I was messing with it and got it to work even 50-60 feet away.

14C26A21-E362-4648-B696-9D88E1585873.jpeg

Replaced heater Ts. Not a moment too soon. Hot side broke inside the hose after the clamp was off, while trying to pull it out. Had to pull the small hose that runs into the block to fish out the little pieces. Heading off for a 5 week road trip later this week. Sedona, Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, and Capitol Reef.

1B59B637-099A-40C5-9B6E-D759F378E220.jpeg

My Dude, where did you acquire that key housing? I also prefer what I'd call KTM orange..
YotaMD (@suprarx7nut) makes/sells them. Best key replacement ever made for 100s. I have 2 of them and absolutely think they are the bees knees.

+1 for @suprarx7nut his keys are killer. I've had mine for a year+ and it's great. Also have his fobs for my 80 and @ncavi10 has one too

YotaMD (@suprarx7nut) makes/sells them. Best key replacement ever made for 100s. I have 2 of them and absolutely think they are the bees knees.

Replaced heater Ts. Not a moment too soon. Hot side broke inside the hose after the clamp was off, while trying to pull it out. Had to pull the small hose that runs into the block to fish out the little pieces. Heading off for a 5 week road trip later this week. Sedona, Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, and Capitol Reef.

View attachment 1994065
Wondering if you lost any fluid when that broke? Did you top off after you replaced the T's. Did you just reuse the hoses and clamps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom