What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Painted and installed Trail Tailor sliders. These things are so beefy.

IMG_0393.jpg

Installed Trail Tailor diff drop
IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Bought a 2000 LX.

Greased the shafts and universal joints, cleaned and lubed the battery terminals, took the running boards off, drove all around picking up some parts and tools, and ordered a bunch of parts to do the timing belt and freshen up suspension.

AND got my @LandCruiserPhil Jack Adapter and my @suprarx7nut YotaMD Key Fob kit!

Bought a 2000 LX.

Greased the shafts and universal joints, cleaned and lubed the battery terminals, took the running boards off, drove all around picking up some parts and tools, and ordered a bunch of parts to do the timing belt and freshen up suspension.

AND got my @LandCruiserPhil Jack Adapter and my @suprarx7nut YotaMD Key Fob kit!

View attachment 1965097
View attachment 1965098
View attachment 1965099
View attachment 1965100
Awesome, does the bumper sticker mean one less sprinter van? Never seen that sticker.

Man that fridge/stove combo is sweet!! Did you make that out of aluminum?

Yes, it is all aluminum... I had the big flat piece bent up a local sheet metal shop and I faked the rest.

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1773.JPG

@REZARF Nice work, it's coming along nicely! Will there be one more slide out table under the stove? @spressomon designed a nice pop-up table off the carrier that might work for you as well. You can never have enough table space. :)

@REZARF Nice work, it's coming along nicely! Will there be one more slide out table under the stove? @spressomon designed a nice pop-up table off the carrier that might work for you as well. You can never have enough table space. :)

Thanks Hoser, I like where it is heading. I am bothered by not using the space as efficiently as it could be. I don't want to complicate things too much either. I am thinking of adding a slide out cutting board but it is deep enough to stow my extra tow strap, ratchet straps etc... I may make a cookie sheet type box that holds some gear that doesn't get used all the time. I keep my big recovery bag behind the drivers seat when off-road but keeping some of my less used gear under there might be a good use of space. Even a bungee with paper plates and trash bags might be a good use of the space.

@medtro and @Saddletramp helped me swap out my OEM springs for new OME 2866s. The stock springs weren't cutting it with the weight of the rear bumper, RTT, and my daily load. We also swapped in a new pair of OEM shocks. Thanks to Steve's special tool, we didn't have a problem removing the old shocks.

Gained 2 inches in the rear. Need to adjust the torsion bars. Passenger side was seized, so we will try again soon after some PB blaster.
IMG_20190429_082435.jpg

I have a 98 LX too. Did you install the locker yourself? Was it plug and play?

I did install the locker myself and it is not plug and play. I have experience installing differentials so I was able to tackle the install myself. The install requires several special tools. If you plan to have one installed there are several threads discussing reputable installers. The one I see most is ZUK @gearinstalls.com

@medtro and @Saddletramp helped me swap out my OEM springs for new OME 2866s. The stock springs weren't cutting it with the weight of the rear bumper, RTT, and my daily load. We also swapped in a new pair of OEM shocks. Thanks to Steve's special tool, we didn't have a problem removing the old shocks.

Gained 2 inches in the rear. Need to adjust the torsion bars. Passenger side was seized, so we will try again soon after some PB blaster.View attachment 1965503
Nice stance, I need a torsion bar adjustment after my 2866s...or a rear bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom