What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Removed the running boards, in preparation for the OPOR Step Sliders I just ordered in the MetaTech 4x4 group buy currently going on.

Now that the running boards are off, I wish I had removed them right from the start.

Obligatory pictures...

Before
EBBEBCC3-983C-468B-8F00-37B7A0D78646.jpeg

After
5A7983FE-002B-41B4-8910-C8BA6C6FEA35.jpeg

What a difference!

View attachment 1962086
Disclaimer : Yes I know the pinstripe is still there, I don’t know what Lexus used to put it on there, but it absolutely won’t come off. I’ll try some goo gone tomorrow and see if I can get it off.

Anyways I’ve been wanting to put some Ivan Stripes on the truck for awhile now and finally just ordered the vinyl and got after it. It doesn’t look super great in person but for my first time messing with vinyl it’s not bad. The door jamb was the hardest part.
View attachment 1962154
was this a vinyl kit? can you link? I think it looks great!

This is the how far I can go on the main fuel tank plus the 15 gallon reserve tank. It has been installed for 5-6 months and is really handy.View attachment 1966439

You swap a Prius engine in there or something? I can barely get 300

This is the how far I can go on the main fuel tank plus the 15 gallon reserve tank. It has been installed for 5-6 months and is really handy.View attachment 1966439
You swap a Prius engine in there or something? I can barely get 300

Uuhhh... I'm a little confused.

I've managed 300+ miles out of a standard tank plenty of times before. You're only getting 390 using an additional 15 gallons? Were you towing or something?

:confused:

I took mine out to show a house this morning. The whole property was overgrown so I used the 34s to tamp the grass down some so my buyer and I could walk it. Fortunately, the house sold and made today a very good day.

Then I took her to my trusty indy, Greer Automotive Services in Woodstock GA for a freon top-off. I was down just at .5lb. The tech mimicked an aux fan (later model trucks don't have them) and saw a noticeable improvement using it. I'll be putting LCP's aux fan kit in within a week or so, depending on how long shipping will take. I'll be back to 'uncomfortably cold' AC in no time!

20190501_095013.jpg

20190501_095043.jpg

20190501_095231.jpg

20190501_133000_HDR.jpg

20190501_132943_HDR.jpg

I've managed 300+ miles out of a standard tank plenty of times before. You're only getting 390 using an additional 15 gallons? Were you towing or something?

I took mine out to show a house this morning. The whole property was overgrown so I used the 34s to tamp the grass down some so my buyer and I could walk it. Fortunately, the house sold and made today a very good day.

Then I took her to my trusty indy, Greer Automotive Services in Woodstock GA for a freon top-off. I was down just at .5lb. The tech mimicked an aux fan (later model trucks don't have them) and saw a noticeable improvement using it. I'll be putting LCP's aux fan kit in within a week or so, depending on how long shipping will take. I'll be back to 'uncomfortably cold' AC in no time!

View attachment 1966829

View attachment 1966833

View attachment 1966834

View attachment 1966835

View attachment 1966836
That was around town to make it conservative. That said I’m heavy, have awesome big tires, stock gears and what I count as a 1 gallon dent :D in the main tank.

View attachment 1966829

View attachment 1966833

View attachment 1966834

View attachment 1966835

View attachment 1966836
@MongooseGA Would like to hear about the LCP (?) aux fan. I need to add to my 04 and daughters 99. NC summers and Toyota AC don't work well together.

That was around town to make it conservative. That said I’m heavy, have awesome big tires, stock gears and what I count as a 1 gallon dent :D in the main tank.

Around town definitely makes some more sense. What's your average tank mileage without the aux? I'm stock geared and on 34s and will pull mid 200s after a lot of Atlanta stop and go and have maxed a truck on 33s at 340 miles to a single tank.
@MongooseGA Would like to hear about the LCP (?) aux fan. I need to add to my 04 and daughters 99. NC summers and Toyota AC don't work well together.
I'll report back here. Given the difference we see with the air pusher in front of the truck while the gauges were on, I'm anticipating a nice improvement.

Around town definitely makes some more sense. What's your average tank mileage without the aux? I'm stock geared and on 34s and will pull mid 200s after a lot of Atlanta stop and go and have maxed a truck on 33s at 340 miles to a single tank.

I'll report back here. Given the difference we see with the air pusher in front of the truck while the gauges were on, I'm anticipating a nice improvement.
I don’t know my average tank mileage lol maybe 270. “Not enough” but I kind of don’t care.

View attachment 1966829

View attachment 1966833

View attachment 1966834

View attachment 1966835

View attachment 1966836
That's my green 100 back there lol

It's getting there. I had to refresh a lot.

Added a fairing to the front of the RTT. @Saddletramp fabricated some brackets out of some steel angle for me. We also cut up a piece of ABS I had from another project. We followed the Gamiviti fairing template (thanks @brices123). I made a couple cross bars out of aluminum angle for stiffness. Barely any wind noise now.

IMG_20190501_125119.jpg
IMG_20190501_125113.jpg
IMG_20190501_175727.jpg

^^ not only will that cut down the wind noise, it also reduces the lift generated by wind going under the tent and trying to push it out of its mounting location.

I could have sworn it used to be under the 100 series on @LandCruiserPhil's site, but it shows under the 80 series - I'm sure you could check with him to double-check. Couple of write-ups in the 100 series board here, didn't search for them though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom