What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^ I think the biggest difference is made is when it is installed over the rear wheel wells, doors, and maybe floor pans and firewall.

^ I think the biggest difference is made is when it is installed over the rear wheel wells, doors, and maybe floor pans and firewall.

So pretty much the entire truck? :D

I did this on my LC, it made a difference, but a lot of work. Get an LX and it's quieter

So pretty much the entire truck? :D

I did this on my LC, it made a difference, but a lot of work. Get an LX and it's quieter

Yea, well, I did do the whole rig (see below).

But like @hickuptruck wrote, 50% is more than sufficient.

But then again, listening to music does sound much better IMO.

Or, go the full monty and get the door sills filled as cited in the latter posts in More evidence why the LX is quieter than the Land Cruiser.

dynamat-land-cruiser-jpg.718809

Went over to the Ft Eustis auto hobby shop to make life easier with a lift. I am currently prepping for a 1500 mile trip from Newport News, VA to San Antonio, TX. Changed rear diff and transfer case fluid with mobile 1 75w90. Did a drain and fill on the transmission with toyota atf fluid. Attempted to do the front diff but the last person that put on the fill plug had to be a gorilla because I could not get it off. I will attempt it again next weekend along with a regular oil change.

landcruiser.jpg

Heater T's today.
This is the first step in promoting my 2001 LC w/225,000 miles from daily driver to off road capable machine. Been shopping for tires for the last few weeks while waiting for a promotional discount from Discount Tire.

View attachment 1941514

Ordered parts have not yet arrived...crush washers for full fluid change to the F and R diffs and T case. So a 120 mile round-trip to 9 Mile Canyon with the family. Besides the family time, we also got 18 mpg. With 5 kids, about 20 stops to look around, and a couple hundred pound of rocks we collected...the sea foam is working!

CEAA013B-5468-4AF5-B51A-DFBA72CDD996.jpeg

9F822B86-12C5-48E8-A8D0-171E11C522BC.jpeg

EBC4BC1B-699E-466E-B9C4-829484ADF887.jpeg

Went on a pleasant TX Hill Country Gravel Loop. Bluebonnets are coming out in force this year! In another 2 weeks, they'll be at their maximum bloom along with paintbrush, primrose and other wildflowers. It's going to be an absolutely INCREDIBLE April in Central TX for wildflowers!

IMG_3212.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

How long did you have to wait for those sliders? I want a pair but i have a trip to moab in less than 30 days i'm not sure if i order now i'll have it in time. Also how did you get the one without the little flare in the back? I prefer this style over the other one, website only show the flared out ones.
Trail Tailor is a great option and he ships pretty quick.

Bought some stuff from Jason @TRAIL TAILOR .
Initially started with the rear shock guards to protect the adjustment knobs on my tough dog shocks, then went into the rabbit hole with the lower control arm armour and couldn't pass up his sale price on a tough dog recovery kit.

20190401_150401.jpg

My cat smelled an open box from across the house and came to investigate/move in
20190401_151247.jpg

I wasn't sure what color to go with so i went with silver to match the shocks and black to match the chassis and not stick out.
20190401_151758.jpg

Cleaned out the AC unit under the glove box. No filters, but at least it has the door, so I put some new filters in. Vacummed out a LOT of junk, and will use the foam cleaner another day. Took out the radio, removed 6 disks from the broken changer that hasn't worked since before I got it, now it doesn't whirr 3x everytime I start it up, diasabled it by unplugging a flat wire connector. So now I am down to the radio and cassette player. Tried to install rear shocks and rear brakes, but have a little roadblock to figure out.
20190330_171107.jpg
20190330_173658.jpg

Went on a pleasant TX Hill Country Gravel Loop. Bluebonnets are coming out in force this year! In another 2 weeks, they'll be at their maximum bloom along with paintbrush, primrose and other wildflowers. It's going to be an absolutely INCREDIBLE April in Central TX for wildflowers!

View attachment 1941902

View attachment 1941903

View attachment 1941904

View attachment 1941906

View attachment 1941912
Looks like you had a nice trip! BTW- Thanks again for the Primitive Campsite recommendations. Unfortunately, none of them were ava when I arrived Wed afternoon. I ended up at La Noria 2, Glenn Springs 1, Terlingua A 2, amd Pine Cyn 5. I did take the river road east to Black Gap Road, then River West, Maverick. The blue bonnets were still in bloom but fading. Amazing place and can't wait to go back. Cheers!

Adjusted my brake fluid level. The level was at the max line after I had my SLEE lines installed, but was way over when I did the 40 pump check. Also got my first issue of Toyota Trails in the mail. Next membership for me is the Mud Silver Star because of all of the awesome help i've gotten here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom