What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FedEx delivered the Strongarm support for the rear hatch today. Perfect timing! Today is in the 50s, tomorrow in the 20s. The new ones are much stronger. The hatch door goes up really quick, almost hitting my face in the process. Wife is happy that she does not have to push the hatch up anymore.

Drove it to the Mohonk Preserve to snowshoe for the first time in two years. We never did have enough snow last year.
I have been really stressed these last two weeks and how nice it is to be alone, in the woods, if only for an hour.

IMG_20161217_161606995-4008x3006.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a second one!! It was a dirt cheap non-running craigslist find that was supposed to be a parts truck. My white one was rear ended back in October and I have been looking for a donor vehicle since settling with insurance. I bought the black one this week out of the back woods of Louisiana, it died on the previous owners and they just decided to can it vs try and fix it. Turns out it was the EFI fuse problem some of these trucks have. Now I have two running Cruisers! They are both 2000 models, the white rolled off the assembly line 10,010 trucks later the black one was born.

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

IMG_3628.JPG

I bought a second one!! It was a dirt cheap non-running craigslist find that was supposed to be a parts truck. My white one was rear ended back in October and I have been looking for a donor vehicle since settling with insurance. I bought the black one this week out of the back woods of Louisiana, it died on the previous owners and they just decided to can it vs try and fix it. Turns out it was the EFI fuse problem some of these trucks have. Now I have two running Cruisers! They are both 2000 models, the white rolled off the assembly line 10,010 trucks later the black one was born.

View attachment 1368083

View attachment 1368084
I am pretty new to the LC100. What is this "EFI fuse problem"?

So far this weekend, replaced the hood and lift gate lift support struts from liftsupportsdepot.com and replaced a severely corroded and cracked positive battery terminal after having some starting, charging and running issues this week. Hope that solves it.

Also replaced the fuel filter. Pretty simple process, less than 30 minutes. Bolting the new filter on the fender was the hardest part. Fat hands and tight spaces.

Last edited:
Tried to diagnose my Highbeam issue. Even with diodes (and the LED's wired to my passenger hb), I still have the DS HB light when my lights are off. Lights are bright though. GIF doesnt do it justice.
Imgur GIF

Swapped out the rotting MSA tire trash bag for a new Howling Moon unit made from PVC truck tarp material. The only problem: Need one the size of a Waste Management truck ... <sigh>
IMG_0119.jpg

Swapped out the rotting MSA tire trash bag for a new Howling Moon unit made from PVC truck tarp material. The only problem: Need one the size of a Waste Management truck ... <sigh>
View attachment 1368239
Crush those beer cans save a lot of space.....:smokin::poof:

Not sure if this qualifies but my land cruiser was the subject of a music video. This was the result of foolishly accepting a late night challenge. “Bout to Mod My New Hundy”, my first hip-hop video, ensures I win the bet :) We had fun throwing it together so hope you like it. Feel free to laugh with or at me.

Monday. Replaced AHC control panel with LC console pocket.

Friday. 1. Figured out how to engage CDL for the first time. Light would go solid, but nothing would happen. Had to drive in tight figure-8's about 10-12 time before it finally locked in.

2. Tried out the new Altimax Arctic snow tires in conditions normal vehicles should stay home.

Today. Admired our recently purchased LX470 through the window while outside temps hovered around -5 degrees.

Wow nice score. It looks really nice for a parts truck! Congrats!

I tackled my leaky third brake light. After spending a few hours getting the old foam adhesive off the hatch and brake light (that took longer than expected), I sealed it up using butyl rope.

Drove through some heavy rain last night and all appears dry.

Reinstalled the factory trailer hitch, to run a dining room set to a nephew in connecuit. Then wiped down the rear framemember with wd40 and reinstalled the rear bumper skin, which has been off for the summer.

Christmas Note: If :santa: is still looking for a good gearhead present, Lowes has the Bosch brushless 1/2" 18v impact wrench on sale.

This week.... Did an end run around a local shop misdiagnosing a blown head gasket with a driveway (and emphasis on gravel drive!) install of water pump, timing belt, idler puller etc for the win with some help from 'Mud members. Drives great and am starting to dive back into the interior refurb now that I know I've got another 100k ahead of me! Figured with the $ saved by the great advice it was time to become s supporting member!

Last edited:
Did the "Pin 7" disconnect for using low range *without* center diff locking up. I was able to properly remove the lead from the connector.....so now I need to go back and fix the DRL wire I just cut because I have having trouble getting that one out, lol

Finally built the land cruiser bunk bed! Put it together this weekend, mostly by myself, was a fun project but fricking heavy! LC on 32" tires with roughly .5- 1" lift all around fit nicely with a couple inches to spare.

Dannmar 7x is the model. Cheapest lift I could find with the Automotive lift certification. Pretty stout unit. Lifts the lc without any trouble.

Was a super cheap way to get another garage bay compared to building an actual garage.

Now I just need to get some eye candy up there!

IMG_20161218_154733.jpg
IMG_20161218_153532.jpg

^^So jealous- a car lift .....and garage tall enough for a car lift.

Very nice!

Installed rear oem brake pads after hearing some squealing in reverse. Looked at the brake pad window and they looked ok. Took the caliper off and the other pad was down to about a razor blade worth of pad material. Cleaned and Lubed the pins too and installed new oem retaining clips. No more squeal in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom