What do I have? 40 newb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you give frame number ? I am always curious on Toyota history.

0F68C9FF-4EDD-4551-A78C-F686A5118FE5.jpeg

@clrussell after our discussion on the phone a few weeks ago, this 40 is definitely a good candidate for what you were thinking :cool:

And someone comes along with the shipment and does the knuckle job for you while you watch! Right? What? 😝

And someone comes along with the shipment and does the knuckle job for you while you watch! Right? What? 😝

We would put Olly in a box, he's rebuild about 1000 of them over the last 30 years, it's a pretty quick process for him. He does everything with a hammer and prybar :D

319090744_6095338267199166_1113925983827876079_n.jpg

(He's a mechanical engineer that is very detail oriented, I forced him to take a hammer and prybar photo)

Picked up some like new used springs yesterday.

I originally thought they were OME but after picking them up and and wiping the overspray off enough to see the numbers, they appear to be 4”Hell For Stouts “extreme”

Part numbers are :
HFS40FX
HFS40RXP

New barbell shackles, and bushings came with.

I also placed an order for bilstien 5125s to pair up with them.

I got tired of waiting for the 4 runner heads to be finished and decided to pull it out of the garage last weekend. I had a new trd pro 4 runner to put a small lift on and it gave me an opportunity to clean and organize the garage. Something I hadn’t got to do since we moved in a couple months ago.

So last night we towed the 40 up to the garage and put it inside. It’s nice to have this heated / cooled garage. Only down side is it’s below the bedrooms so no painting or welding, and when the little one goes to bed I can’t use power tools. However it is so nice to be able to be right at home. The kids can play in the driveway while I work or if the wife needs me I’m just downstairs.

Last night I pulled the odd ball seats, oddball rear
Heater, and fuel tank Then cleaned up until the shop vac took a 💩. So I proceeded to scrape and brush most until I decided it was time to spend some family time.

Only spent a little over an hour on it and progress is already motivating.

E21096C6-9803-4E0B-A93B-BAF12110E44A.jpeg

186EB1C7-7262-439C-A9D5-D44CDBE3B287.jpeg

69488E3C-A305-4DE2-8973-C69DCB78F4DF.jpeg

D1B459EA-799B-4591-ADDF-70D350B7C302.jpeg

9E5E08AC-B378-49E7-9546-51E19FFE30C3.jpeg

I also spent a little time cleaning up some of the non OE modifications, little speaker on the windshield, antenna wiring, etc.

Removed the windshield gasket, lubed all the door latch and hinges.

Looking online it’s hard to tell and the grab bar on the passenger side doesn’t look OE. Does anyone reading this know for sure if it should or shouldn’t be there?

I also spent a little time cleaning up some of the non OE modifications, little speaker on the windshield, antenna wiring, etc.

Removed the windshield gasket, lubed all the door latch and hinges.

Looking online it’s hard to tell and the grab bar on the passenger side doesn’t look OE. Does anyone reading this know for sure if it should or shouldn’t be there?
That’s not oe, but it’s an old ConFer grab bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom