What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the Slee 2” tow hitch receiver mounted up on the OEM bumper. The 2 top bolts included are M12-1.25 and utilize the threaded portion inside the bumper with a fixed nut inside. The bottom 2 bolts included are 1/2-20 and come with washers and lock washers. The bolts were a bit too short so I went to Lowe’s and got longer bolts (3” vs 2”) and the new bolts worked great. The receiver hangs down a little lower due to the rear bumper step lip. Very study for the intended use which is the trailer hitch bike rack.

View attachment 3577878

View attachment 3577879

View attachment 3577880

View attachment 3577881

View attachment 3577882
What color is your rig? Very cool

Great pictures. The line to the drivers left looks easier, but what does it look like after that? Where/What trail is this?
Found it: Pyeatt Draw, the obstical is called: The Filter

Found it: Pyeatt Draw, the obstical is called: The Filter
Just checked it out on onX off road maps, 8 out of 10 on the difficulty rating and estimated 4 hour run for a 4 mile trek?

IMG_0783.jpeg
IMG_0780.jpeg

Today was new carpet install day…my favorite day said piglet…
Naturally you don’t just rip out the carpet and put in the new…many little while I’m in there tasks were completed…
That said Toyota sure covers the bases with thier parts…this carpet came pre cut for every penetration with something akin to a perforated cut…made install almost idiot proof…

View attachment 3578692View attachment 3578693

Today was new carpet install day…my favorite day said piglet…
Naturally you don’t just rip out the carpet and put in the new…many little while I’m in there tasks were completed…
That said Toyota sure covers the bases with thier parts…this carpet came pre cut for every penetration with something akin to a perforated cut…made install almost idiot proof…
Damn that looks nice, same oak color and mine looks like it’s 27 years old. Better add this the my wish list.

I replaced my speedo gear o-ring and cleaned up the mess on the T-case, must have been leaking pretty bad since I added 3/4 of a quart to top it off. Got her ready to wheel this week.

IMG_0782.jpeg

analysis paralysis has set in…this is part of the rear of my home made drawer system…still has the inverter and viair compressor to install but I keep second guessing what I want to do…this is falling under the while I’m in there realm…

Imported my 96 1hdt to Canada back in 2019. Decided eventually wanted the factory steering look. So bought this wheel off ebay. As you can see my stock is older. I don't have a clock spring or airbag harness. Not too worried about airbag. I just want to get some insight on how I am supposed to connect the horn wire to the new wheel. There's no male connection on the new wheel, just a harness. Somehow I'll need to remove the ring with the horn wire from the nardi wheel 1st or can I buy a new ring?
20240310_152627.jpg
20240310_151322.jpg
20240310_151316.jpg

Great lookin rig!!! What wheel and tire combo is that?
Just the generic steel beadlocks and cooper stt pros. I drag them across a lot of rocks. A lot a lot, so I feel better about it than aluminum beadlocks
Yes, but did you get over that without winching??? Forgetting the name of the trail and obstacle.
Pyeatt Draw/ the filter. I did pull cable and setup but did not end up needing it. I wheel alone, and the penalty for sliding off the obstacle to the right (it’s far more off camber than it appears in the photo) was too high of a penalty for me to risk.
Great pictures. The line to the drivers left looks easier, but what does it look like after that? Where/What trail is this?
Pyeatt draw near Payson AZ. This is the hardest obstacle of the route by far.
Just checked it out on onX off road maps, 8 out of 10 on the difficulty rating and estimated 4 hour run for a 4 mile trek?
It took me a little over 3, and that included stopping for a lunch and letting my dog run around.

Over the past month due to broken bolts, seized parts, and parts on back order from Toyota. Finished up the rear axle and parking brake rebuild, Landtank extended rear lower control arms, Dobinsons adjustable rear upper control arms, Dobinsons adjustable rear panhard, new brake calipers and pads, extended brake lines, Fox shocks, and Slee 4" springs.
20240219_144931(0).jpg
20240219_144914.jpg
20240310_164616.jpg

Last edited:
Changed engine oil/filter and
Code:
lubed my knuckles

Another Death Valley adventure in the books.
Mengal Pass. Baker Ranch. Lake Manly. Traveller monument/Soda Lake closed. Kelso Dunes.

The trails were damp, and not super dusty which was great. Lots of desert bloom.

Rig ran great. Clicked off the 230k on the Odo. No AC the whole trip-thankfully only in the 70s and 80s.

IMG_0295.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0345.jpeg

Another Death Valley adventure in the books.
Mengal Pass. Baker Ranch. Lake Manly. Traveller monument/Soda Lake closed. Kelso Dunes.

The trails were damp, and not super dusty which was great. Lots of desert bloom.

Rig ran great. Clicked off the 230k on the Odo. No AC the whole trip-thankfully only in the 70s and 80s.

View attachment 3579209

View attachment 3579210

View attachment 3579211

View attachment 3579212
That’s where I’ll be starting Friday maybe.

:cool:

That’s where I’ll be starting Friday maybe.

:cool:
Definitely check for closures. West side road along Badwater was closed as was Soda lake. All the water back there recently changed our routes. Surprised that none of the trails were washed out. YMMV. Otherwise it’s perfect runnings now.

Definitely check for closures. West side road along Badwater was closed as was Soda lake. All the water back there recently changed our routes. Surprised that none of the trails were washed out. YMMV. Otherwise it’s perfect runnings now.
It's been an interesting year or so out there,,, Luckily, I have no real plan whatsoever. :lol:

Ran home for a much needed Land Cruiser love weekend. In one full day we accomplished the following:

Cut off Landtank 4inch brackets
Install Delta VS 5L Arms
Delta VS frame reinforcement welded on
Red Head Steering Box
Paper clip delete/Amazon power steering cooler
All new power steering lines and Hydraulic Oil upon refill
Iron Man Rear Panhard

Biggest update by far was the Red Head Steering box. Not kidding when I say there is maybe 1 inch of play in the steering side to side, where before I had maybe 3 or 4 inches side to side. It is night and day. It tracks straight down the road where it use to be a constant battle keeping it in line with rutted roads. I would feel comfortable having my grandma drive it, it drives like a normal car. Cannot recommend that box enough, wish I did it years ago.

Can definitely tell I have more castor with the Delta Arms, then I did with Land Tank brackets. Not night and day, but there is improvement. Wish I had before and after castor numbers but I do not. Also the axle getting pushed forward I love the look of, and it opens up the front for dare I say 39s? Happy to say I didn’t get vibes either, Double Carson shaft is still happy.

Could never have gotten this done without @ExpoMax

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1044.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1045.jpeg

Also big congrats to my dad on getting his 1979 FJ40 that he has owned since new back on the road after a 4 year engine rebuild. He had some health issues come up that slowed down the timeline, but he got it done. And man does it purr. His cruiser started it all for me.

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1046.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom