What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did you accomplish getting the upper two bolts out from the bell housing?? Long extensions ran over the top of the transmission?
Long extension with wobble socket the ball type impact I have snap on one and it works perfect.

Finally picked up a heated parts washer! This one uses compressed air also so you get a mini heated pressure washer.

011761CA-4D11-4291-86D7-43B111BFAF7F.jpeg

Replaced the seat bottom foam on the DS front seat. The cloth is still barely alive, sure wish the fabric bottom was still available.

IMG_2248.jpeg

IMG_2253.jpeg

IMG_2262.jpeg

I didn't mean to buy this, but here it is. I need a blue steering wheel and some seats if anybody has some. I am in the southeast.

Also looking for some full float axles.

Screen Shot 2023-11-12 at 7.50.45 AM.png

I have been ordering the buttons for the climate control as they become available via Partsouq. As you can see I have about half of them replaced.

Climate control new buttons .jpg

Also replaced the door handle plastics on the 2 front doors as both of mine were cracked.

new door plastic.jpg

I also replaced the secondary hood latch. The washers in mine finally gave up the ghost and the hook and stay aligned causing the spring to come off and the hook to free fall.

My gas door latch was working as the tip that keeps the door closed had broken off. But I now have the issue of getting the gas door open. Does anyone know if the door was/is spring loaded? I think mine is missing something as it doesn't pop open on its own.

I have been ordering the buttons for the climate control as they become available via Partsouq. As you can see I have about half of them replaced.

View attachment 3479615

Also replaced the door handle plastics on the 2 front doors as both of mine were cracked.

View attachment 3479616

I also replaced the secondary hood latch. The washers in mine finally gave up the ghost and the hook and stay aligned causing the spring to come off and the hook to free fall.

My gas door latch was working as the tip that keeps the door closed had broken off. But I now have the issue of getting the gas door open. Does anyone know if the door was/is spring loaded? I think mine is missing something as it doesn't pop open on its own.
Yes it is spring loaded at the hinge, mine too broke several years ago. Here is my temporary fix, that seems to be permanent!

image.jpg

The 1HD-FT in my 80 runs seemingly very cool, so any extra heat is welcomed. On the hwy @ 120 kph [75mph] the needle rises above the lower marker, but a few minutes after exiting the hwy the temp drops. It runs strong, and I have no reason to think it's anything more than a diesel running cool when not run hard. But maybe I should use a heat gun and verify temperature.... The temperature runs very steady so I believe my thermostat is working properly, but maybe it's opening too early....

Here are a couple pics from last nights country road run where I enjoyed the extra heat...

View attachment 3457216

View attachment 3457217

View attachment 3457218
nice that looks like boundary road and hogsback!

Yes, the Dunes are open for OHV use. Beach camping too... A recent court ruling against the Coastal Commission ended the planned permanent closure in 2024. But I'm sure the fight continues to keep that area open to OHV access.

Do you have to worry about salt damage if you spend too much time in beach sand? Or is it only the salt water you want to avoid?

View attachment 3479615

View attachment 3479616

Yes it is spring loaded at the hinge, mine too broke several years ago. Here is my temporary fix, that seems to be permanent!

View attachment 3479710
Stupid cheap and stupid easy to replace the fuel door spring with OEM. Delta VS sells it, and it's readily available from Toyota as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom