What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (92 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did a quick trail run with this monster.
View attachment 3426199
View attachment 3426203
@H8 Roads and a few other locals. Good time. There was a stock 80-something (gulp) ni$$@n that actually really impressed me.

Attachment.jpeg

How cold was it up there camping? Is that where you camped?
Still pretty warm for 11,00 ft, probably pushing high 60's during the day, leaves aren't quite turning yet.
Yes, first picture, Sherwin lake near Denver, was a bit too busy for me but nice quick to get to area.

I decided to install some Auxbeam driving lights and an Auxbeam switch panel. I've always run SwitchPro's and chose this option after positive feedback from others for the price. I'm anxious to see how it performs. The quality of the SwitchPros is still hard to beat compared to this so far. I'd been chasing down a wiring gremlin for a while and figured now was as good of a time as any while I was in there fixing other stuff from the PO and I'm glad I did.

The auxbeam driving lights are wired in to come on with the high beams wired on a separate switch in case I don't want them to turn on, and I also wired it so the Auxbeam parking lights come on when I turn on the factory running clearance lights. It's been so long since I've done wiring, I forgot how long it can take to do it right.

Ratnest1.jpg

Ratnest2.jpg

Auxbeam1.jpg

Auxbeam2.jpg

Auxbeam3.jpg

Auxbeam4.jpg

I decided to install some Auxbeam driving lights and an Auxbeam switch panel. I've always run SwitchPro's and chose this option after positive feedback from others for the price. I'm anxious to see how it performs. The quality of the SwitchPros is still hard to beat compared to this so far. I'd been chasing down a wiring gremlin for a while and figured now was as good of a time as any while I was in there fixing other stuff from the PO and I'm glad I did.

The auxbeam driving lights are wired in to come on with the high beams wired on a separate switch in case I don't want them to turn on, and I also wired it so the Auxbeam parking lights come on when I turn on the factory running clearance lights. It's been so long since I've done wiring, I forgot how long it can take to do it right.

View attachment 3426272

View attachment 3426273

View attachment 3426276

View attachment 3426277

View attachment 3426278

View attachment 3426279
What Dash cover is that in your 3rd photo?

Starter has been acting up for the last year or so. Solenoid going out. Beat it with a hammer and starts every time. Wife not real fond of that since she likes to drive it too. Pulled out chinesium aftermarket unit original owner installed and put the real deal back in it. She's happy-ish now.

tempImageNrO5RJ.png

For those that know me, y’all realize this is an extraordinary circumstance.

That’s actual real dirt on my LA Uber 80.

I won’t disappoint you again.

🤪

View attachment 3425381
Did you get forced off the road by a rogue Tesla?

Pulled in an unpaved parking lot?
That's probably it. They're was probably a really good taco truck or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom