What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im curious; is the odo in miles or kms for you guys? The speedo has both kph and mph

Haha OK then. So that actually makes my 360,000km FZJ80 actually quite young compared to a few I've seen on here at 300,000miles!

Took 'er and the family to the beach for some fishing.
20211024_175153.jpg

More steps in my baseline effort. Replaced the driver's window seal which was made easier by the YouTube video. New stereo with bluetooth. Amazing how loud the Excelon is for a wife that listens to GD podcasts and no music. LOL

Replaced the heater and PVC valves along with their hoses.

Added a factory hitch (thanks Metric Offroad) and got a spare wheel and tire installed. Next is an upgraded starter. Current one isn't working 100% of the time.

some fun in death valley!

Swansea grade road up to the salt tram through Cerro Gordo and Saline Valley - good stuff!

little closer to the edge than I realized there!!

Screenshot 2021-10-26 100350.jpg
IMG_1128.JPEG
IMG_1135.JPEG

Found some time to get the Delta sliders on.
Got a little more settle in the rear and it feels tankish once again but the rear VVT's seem to like the extra weight. Gave up on stance and fitment until done adding crap.
EDIT* for those worried about snagging the kiddies toes on the metal grips you can sleep easy at night. I can step on these things with socks and look mom, no holes. It seems like all the grief they were getting for them, they may have grinded or cut them back some. I was hoping for a bit more bite myself.

IMG_2757.JPG
IMG_2758.JPG
IMG_2760.JPG

How is the wind noise cruising down the hwy?

With just the rack, I hear zero wind noise coming from the rack. It’s a very aero friendly design with the 2 fairings (front of front and front of rear).

With the RTT that I have added on top, I can’t really hear much wind noise, maybe a tiny bit. With a swag and a whole bunch of firewood wrapped in a canvas tarp on top of the RTT, then there is a bunch of wind noise.

Got a little more settle in the rear and it feels tankish once again but the rear VVT's seem to like the extra weight. Gave up on stance and fitment until done adding crap.
EDIT* for those worried about snagging the kiddies toes on the metal grips you can sleep easy at night. I can step on these things with socks and look mom, no holes. It seems like all the grief they were getting for them, they may have grinded or cut them back some. I was hoping for a bit more bite myself.

View attachment 2821912View attachment 2821913View attachment 2821914
Holy Delta truck Batman! Love it!

View attachment 2821912View attachment 2821913View attachment 2821914
only missing the delta rack now..

What wheels are those? Or do you at least know the specs?
Those are the SCS F5's. 16", 3.5" BS, -25mm offset. Most people choose a deeper dish option than this. These have been unavailable from the manufacturer for a couple years now but its still on their website.
IMG_4673.jpg
IMG_4676.jpg

More steps in my baseline effort. Replaced the driver's window seal which was made easier by the YouTube video. New stereo with bluetooth. Amazing how loud the Excelon is for a wife that listens to GD podcasts and no music. LOL

Replaced the heater and PVC valves along with their hoses.

Added a factory hitch (thanks Metric Offroad) and got a spare wheel and tire installed. Next is an upgraded starter. Current one isn't working 100% of the time.
Try putting in a contact rebuild kit first. You can get all the parts from Mr. T and will probably cure you're woes.

You’re going to love it. I just spent a week putting it through some abuse in the desert. Lots of weight at high speeds offroad…topped out around 85-90 a few times. Congrats.
Badass man. Thanks for the reply!

Try putting in a contact rebuild kit first. You can get all the parts from Mr. T and will probably cure you're woes.
I might consider it but I usually can swap out starters in 30 minutes and two knuckle busting bolts for just over $100. the rebuild kit is $65 and I'm sure it takes more than 30 minutes. Time is money yo.

HDJ81 that came in with a blown HG back in action, new and improved as well.

775DAC9D-C511-4CAE-A3E7-7C3EECF76799.jpeg
A7D39BF2-CB82-415E-823C-719E99DCE96F.jpeg
F2A56D51-7C8F-4150-AE96-1D6FE857089F.jpeg

Videos of it running and more pics of the rebuild process on our IG page.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom