What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I'd buy a set. Looks like those fit well too, I know there has been some conversation about WeatherTech fit, but they seem to be the only game in town now.

Jason
I just bought a set of ACC carpet floor mats last week off of rockauto and am pretty pleased with them.

I actually didn't do anything with the truck this weekend (shocking). Over the past month though I installed the rebuilt Red Head steering gear with 105 shaft and swapped the Dobinson Caster plates for the Landtank ones. The truck is much less scary at highway speeds which is nice. I just had another alignment done so I'll post those. Let's play "Rate my alignment specs"! For reference, I'm running Dobinson C97-144VT heavies up front and C97-145VT in the back. I'm showing right at 25" from center of front hub to bottom of fender flare and 24.5 from center of rear hub and bottom of fender flare. Truck has dual batteries, front bumper/winch, roof rack, rear bumper, swingouts, spare, blah blah. It sits pretty level and honestly rides better than it did with the old worn out stock suspension. I'm just concerned with the Caster not being in spec at this point and the it "could" handle better if corrected.

Old alignment from June with the Dobinson plates and old sloppy steering gear. Truck was honestly scary at highway speeds.

JuneAlignment.JPG

New specs from today.

OctoberAlignment.JPG

Lined out some early self gifted Xmas presents for the 80 on the living room floor. Going over mounting and waiting on a few parts to hopefully get them on in a month or so....
Eezi awn Swift- Finally off the boat. If your looking for an awning, get them while you can!
Delta sliders- Sweetness. Should go great with the bumpers and probably 100 more things I get from them. @Delta VS ,may want to beef up that box! the end busted out but the packaging held it in well. Good idea packaging the hardware and guard separate.
20+ years I refused sliders but the 37's are getting her up there and I'm not getting any younger to flop in... I think I'm just looking for a better excuse to add weight and have to get the LT1 sooner than later!

2EAD5B55-492C-4339-AF63-126BEADE36C4.jpeg

I actually didn't do anything with the truck this weekend (shocking). Over the past month though I installed the rebuilt Red Head steering gear with 105 shaft and swapped the Dobinson Caster plates for the Landtank ones. The truck is much less scary at highway speeds which is nice. I just had another alignment done so I'll post those. Let's play "Rate my alignment specs"! For reference, I'm running Dobinson C97-144VT heavies up front and C97-145VT in the back. I'm showing right at 25" from center of front hub to bottom of fender flare and 24.5 from center of rear hub and bottom of fender flare. Truck has dual batteries, front bumper/winch, roof rack, rear bumper, swingouts, spare, blah blah. It sits pretty level and honestly rides better than it did with the old worn out stock suspension. I'm just concerned with the Caster not being in spec at this point and the it "could" handle better if corrected.

Old alignment from June with the Dobinson plates and old sloppy steering gear. Truck was honestly scary at highway speeds.

View attachment 2817969

New specs from today.

View attachment 2817970

Definitley need some more caster correction. Trunion bearings, eimkeith drop Brackens, bushings, new arms... Take your pick

Definitley need some more caster correction. Trunion bearings, eimkeith drop Brackens, bushings, new arms... Take your pick
I’ve already got a set of the eimkeith brackets so I’ll probably throw them in after this weekend. Headed to Virginia for some wheeling.

Well, had whoops moment moving a trailer around and cracked the RH Rear tail light/brake light housing. Full chunk broken off. Anyone have replacement recommendations?

Eyeballing this: Amazon product ASIN B00F2EI8QC

Customer’s LS3 swapped 80 in the shop and he wanted a 110v plug up front for laptop, cpap, vibrator…I dunno. Anyway the decision was to put it in the @deltavehiclesystems console as far forward as possible to make sure it cleared knees. It didn’t make sense going out in the center console because thigh meat is there. Front meant it would see drink sweat. Read meant dog drool would be a problem.

Picked an annoy color for the extension cord to prevent anyone in the future from confusing it with anything else. Cut off the plug end and replaced with a solder type that snaps it and is damn near flush.

Once it was test fit then the 110V warning was laser etched onto the panel.

2AE31F07-2F33-44DE-B2FE-8A6292CCCF74.jpeg

189859E4-0F83-4026-9DD2-6B06D69D7CE0.jpeg

0E97FA11-CCD5-437C-A567-6EDA7B53EB72.jpeg

8F67141D-9365-4964-9D35-05048AD8E2AF.jpeg

C457A943-9A2D-4AF5-BDF6-3F6ED91B0FDF.jpeg

Did 4 days in the Eastern Sierra

Crossed paths with Big Horn Sheep and a Badger and the White mountains with the ancient Bristlecone pines

235CF128-48C2-4767-B4EF-CC2A899E2B1E.jpeg

229FCF4D-085D-4C78-9D0F-A635D279BD46.png

CD0224D0-2753-450E-8BE0-D78E4915CEAE.jpeg

229D5AA5-B8E5-4F53-9C63-BFD7E415FAB2.jpeg

D77DEFEF-3722-45A2-BBC2-6DC4F8A37F04.jpeg

@woodsman 44 Nice! Did you take the Grade to get down there? I saw that Monitor closed on 10/17.

Time to adjust the PS wheel bearing preload - was a tad loose. All came to bits easily including cone washers, benefit of CA weather.

hub1.jpg

hub3.jpg

cheers,
george.

Got my wheels back from the refinisher and they nailed it! Had them use Toyota grey for the pockets from the bumper paint code found on this forum.
Painting the center caps now and am not sure what color for the sombrero?
8B4C6A28-345A-464B-BFF8-72806AFA0EED.jpeg
4247D99E-D3E5-4780-86E0-E752D076F00A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom