What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to plastdip’ing the 80. Looks much better than the faded peeling. But still could have been better and still not sure I like the Pearl in it would rather just a flat green but oh well. Reminded how much I hate painting.

View attachment 2665954

View attachment 2665956

View attachment 2665957

View attachment 2665958

View attachment 2665959

Looks good. Watch for tree limbs and anything that'll scratch your paint. Years back I plasti dipped mine. Got scratches in multiple spots, then formed air bubbles. I had clear nail polish in my LC to reseal the scratches.

Looks good. Watch for tree limbs and anything that'll scratch your paint. Years back I plasti dipped mine. Got scratches in multiple spots, then formed air bubbles. I had clear nail polish in my LC to reseal the scratches.
Hmm I actually would love to get it scratched, then PAY someone to get a real paint job on it. Just to change the color. Not liking the pearl at all.

40s yo!!!

3458245B-B69B-4DF1-912F-4511C80AB99C.jpeg

@Akella hooked me up with a complete bushing set for Angus which he will appreciate. Need to get the bushing press kit from @NLXTACY
Absolute wits End. Prepping for SAS5.

36C49C1C-067C-485E-8F36-D9603F03E27D.jpeg

13D4EEB8-FB9E-46CC-A013-88B229A4D598.jpeg

Nice! I bought a Wits end kit and I don't think the cooler he's using is big enough. Still ton's of noise when wheeling as if the paper clip is still there.
I was able to fit the 20" in there, but I had enlarge the hole in my crossmember to pass my lines through. I also snagged a larger power steering reservoir and rebuilt the pump. Hydro assist is in the future....

NO MAS!!! Out with the old, in with the new.
1B9F3DB8-A289-4298-B96F-DC5E2B3DFECF.jpeg

BEEFIE... Marlin Crawler TRE
B47A81EE-A98B-4D58-AD27-856671F3FA54.jpeg

BEEFIER... Will go on once I decipher all the parts, spacers and bushings. Good ol OME lasted 20 years, feel about dead tho.
C374A622-BDED-47CC-A868-C04BDB7C7758.jpeg

BEEFIEST of beef.... Good ol GEN1 SLEE arms, a bit gimmicky and not sure the threads ever worked, one arm thread blew out, on vacation of course, but overall 20 years of use, did ok. Will be like new again with a bit of welding on the 2nd and likely bushings. The one arm that blew out the threads have shot bushings.
A8DD614F-7F2D-4585-9C22-95B1575707FD.jpeg

Changed the oil on the LX with my son and decided to do the PCV grommet and valve too while I was there. Kept thinking of @NLXTACY and that I don't want to drop the hardened crumbly grommet (see we are thinking of you Joey). Then changed the oil on the LC with my daughter. Starting them young :).

Decided to apply the wire wheel to the factory original 270k mile old resonator. Was going to buy a new aftermarket unit (after chopping this one off to mount the new rear bumper), but after about 10 mins of elbow grease, I think I’m going to save myself the hundy and reuse this.

75894E12-BDD9-4F6C-A163-D3F7827F36D0.jpeg

Went to readjust the torque on my wheel bearing today to take a bit of a slop out of it and find out that whomever was in there before me probably didnt own a 54mm socket
5072EED0-C822-4835-A7F4-E1C2CC71DA53.jpeg

Also, just got 2/3 of my Ironman lift kit in the mail today
7949B71D-1753-4294-BB4E-FEC22FAD3166.jpeg

I’ll probably get going on installing it tomorrow even before the other 2 springs arrive, which brings me to a very rookie question. I know the springs have different sizes between PS and DS, the question is, are they also different between front and rear? Or I can just pick which end I want to start with, slap those babies on and the finish the other end when I get the other set of coils?

TIA

Installed new rear rotors and pads. As usual didn't tighten up the sprockets to the parking brake enough for the brake to hold the truck. Now have to remove the tires and adjust them. I'm getting too darned old to be lifting 33's off and on anymore!!!

You guys getting your lifts are making me jealous. Still waiting on my rear dobinson's ones to come in before the whole kit ships out.

@Akella hooked me up with a complete bushing set for Angus which he will appreciate. Need to get the bushing press kit from @NLXTACY
Absolute wits End. Prepping for SAS5.
That's a good looking black 80 with chrome mirrors!

Was not the weekend but I have really enjoyed my LCP shift extender. No more bending over to shift and the t-case lever now moves very easy. Great mod for the wheeler and available on our website.

1620311861480.png

Went to readjust the torque on my wheel bearing today to take a bit of a slop out of it and find out that whomever was in there before me probably didnt own a 54mm socket
View attachment 2666600

Also, just got 2/3 of my Ironman lift kit in the mail today
View attachment 2666601

I’ll probably get going on installing it tomorrow even before the other 2 springs arrive, which brings me to a very rookie question. I know the springs have different sizes between PS and DS, the question is, are they also different between front and rear? Or I can just pick which end I want to start with, slap those babies on and the finish the other end when I get the other set of coils?

TIA
The coils are most definitely different front to rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom