What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you mean couple old plane crashes, then yes.
No. Space ships. Aliens.

Alien abductions and animal mutilations.

o you have any missing time or was your watch setting off from what it was?

Maybe he got abducted and anally probed......... Never know?!?!?!?!?

Started the lift process, I guess I should have looked at the coils before I got going I was trying to install the front on the rear and couldn’t figure it out! I calmed down had a beer and laid stuff out and no sh** they are different. It went it so easy.

ACEDD8D1-2978-49EE-A97A-4B8171AE5797.jpeg

D2FC4831-62E7-4254-9DCA-0445BF5E4152.jpeg

Started the lift process, I guess I should have looked at the coils before I got going I was trying to install the front on the rear and couldn’t figure it out! I calmed down had a beer and laid stuff out and no sh** they are different. It went it so easy.

View attachment 2646607

View attachment 2646608
Also was trying to loosen the panhard bar at the axle and could not budge it loose! Even with free all penetrating oil soaking for a week? Any suggestion besides a bigger wrench is it reverse threads? I have a delta vs bracket to install and new panhard bar.

Also was trying to loosen the panhard bar at the axle and could not budge it loose! Even with free all penetrating oil soaking for a week? Any suggestion besides a bigger wrench is it reverse threads? I have a delta vs bracket to install and new panhard bar.
No reverse threads.

Longer wrench. One side is at 138 LB ft I think.

Apply heat to nut if necessary.

Don't forget to loosen ALL your control arm bolts before you set it back on the ground or you'll eat all your bushings installing a lift and not allowing your bushings to find their new resting point.

Tighten all bushing hardware after the springs are all in and the tires on and the truck is on the ground.

Heat/torch, just watch the gas tank.

Big cordless mikeaukee 1/2" impact gun.

Cheater bar.

Less beer more gym..... Haha JK, if anything more beer.

Don't forget your spare if its tucked under (75lbs at least).

Just received my order of :
Dobinsons C59-234 Front Coil Springs for Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series 1990-1997 2.0" Lift Comfort Ride
Dobinsons GS59-683 Pair of Front Shocks for Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series 1990-1997 for 0-3" Lift
Dobinsons C59-223V Rear Coil Springs for Toyota Land Cruiser
Dobinsons GS59-682 Pair of Rear Shocks for Toyota Sequoia, Land Cruiser 80, 100 and 200 series 0-3" of Lift

I will have drawer on its way (150lbs)
Avid offroad Rear bumper and spare on its way (160lbs)

View attachment 2619523
Finally got them installed:

20210414_072118[1].jpg

20210414_170044[1].jpg

No reverse threads.

Don't forget to loosen ALL your control arm bolts before you set it back on the ground or you'll eat all your bushings installing a lift and not allowing your bushings to find their new resting point.

Tighten all bushing hardware after the springs are all in and the tires on and the truck is on the ground.
New control arms also. But thanks for the the advice.

Heat/torch, just watch the gas tank.

Big cordless mikeaukee 1/2" impact gun.

Cheater bar.

Less beer more gym..... Haha JK, if anything more beer.
I got a bigger wrench for sure will Get it when I get back in town.

No reverse threads.

The one I can’t budge is just a bolt that’s the one I can’t break free.

The one I can’t budge is just a bolt that’s the one I can’t break free.
This is on the one side that has the nut welded in captive. Get some heat back there before you break the weld loose, because then it's 10x the PITA factor.

MAPP gas torch will be enough, but you may end up needing a new bushing.......but maybe that's part of what you're doing.

This is on the one side that has the nut welded in captive. Get some heat back there before you break the weld loose, because then it's 10x the PITA factor.

MAPP gas torch will be enough, but you may end up needing a new bushing.......but maybe that's part of what you're doing.
I got a couple torches I am plumber for a living. I’ll heat it up and break it loose Sunday hopefully. Thanks again

Didn’t take any pics but I replaced the gas struts on my rear swingouts and finally did a little work on the driver side hinge. The bearings inside were starting to get a little crunchy. Once I got in there I found it was worse than I thought. The cage on the upper roller bearing was pretty shredded and half the rollers were all over inside. Haha. Figured out that the top cap had let a bunch of moisture in and destroyed the bearing.

Now it has all new bearings and a new top cap and works silky smooth and quiet.
779AB16E-8FED-40D5-BC92-06411EF5BECE.jpeg

Didn’t take any pics but I replaced the gas struts on my rear swingouts and finally did a little work on the driver side hinge. The bearings inside were starting to get a little crunchy. Once I got in there I found it was worse than I thought. The cage on the upper roller bearing was pretty shredded and half the rollers were all over inside. Haha. Figured out that the top cap had let a bunch of moisture in and destroyed the bearing.

Now it has all new bearings and a new top cap and works silky smooth and quiet.
View attachment 2646903
So YOU'RE part of why it took so long to get my tires!!! Look at that stack on the right!

J/K. I know you're running 13.50s anyway. As luck would have it, I now have 6. Amazon, well UPS, lost one, cancelled it with Amazon, re-ordered, next day the lost one showed up via FedEx plus the new one I ordered two days later. I talked to Amazon and they said keep it. No need to return and thanks for being honest. o_O

Any evidence of space ships?
Nope, but lots and lots of military activity in the sky. At night when the jets are using flares and you’re a couple whiskey’s in at 5,000’ things look weird!

Nope, but lots and lots of military activity in the sky. At night when the jets are using flares and you’re a couple whiskey’s in at 5,000’ things look weird!
"According to ancient astronaut theorists"............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom