What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Washed half an inch of pollen off the rig and used the Gamaviti kit to repair the passenger seat. Not many pleasant days left before the 6 months of Texas summer begin.

4F8CD17E-B7D2-47CA-B01D-11B3B37CB35B.jpeg

I installed Coverking ballistic nylon seat covers today. For the price I'm pleased. Not as custom a fit as I would have liked, but you get what you pay for. Worst part was the headrest covers were a total PITA to get on. Not sure if it was product's fault or if my head rests has been reupholstered at some point in the past and we're overstuffed. I will say the material is absolutely high quality and will be very durable. I expect them to last for years. Color is very nice also, and a good match for the stock gray interior.

Fyi, Autoanything.com is doing a 25% discount off Coverking today for Pet Day. (No, this is not a Spam post, just sharing a deal that I saw in my email for my fellow Cruisers). That's 5% more than I got, LOL. That discount combined with free shipping was what steered me to the Cover King versus more expensive covers (but probably better) from Equipt.

I'll post some pics later of the covers installed, but since this discount is today only, I wanted to get the word out.

I installed Coverking ballistic nylon seat covers today. For the price I'm pleased. Not as custom a fit as I would have liked, but you get what you pay for. Worst part was the headrest covers were a total PITA to get on. Not sure if it was product's fault or if my head rests has been reupholstered at some point in the past and we're overstuffed. I will say the material is absolutely high quality and will be very durable. I expect them to last for years. Color is very nice also, and a good match for the stock gray interior.

Fyi, Autoanything.com is doing a 25% discount off Coverking today for Pet Day. (No, this is not a Spam post, just sharing a deal that I saw in my email for my fellow Cruisers). That's 5% more than I got, LOL. That discount combined with free shipping was what steered me to the Cover King versus more expensive covers (but probably better) from Equipt.

I'll post some pics later of the covers installed, but since this discount is today only, I wanted to get the word out.

IMG_20210411_183114788.jpg

IMG_20210411_183042571_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210411_182951942_HDR.jpg

Thought everything was good with the new starter, but at the gas station she didn't want to turn over 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Cables good, starter good, fuseable link good, plugs are wires good. . I don't know what else to check/change.
There isn't really too much involved in the starter circuit. You have the ignition switch, NSS , the starter and the cables linking them. Not too sure how you would test the ignition switch with out removing it. I also suspect a voltage drop on the cable that triggers the solenoid in the starter. A few have fitted a relay to address this issue.

Decided to give the o’gal a good interior cleaning. Started by removing the third row, lifting the back seats up and vacuuming and digging out crap. Then ended up just unbolting and removing the second row....... then removed the front seats........ and the center console....... and......... I did not come out here intending to go this nuts but now I’m in too deep to turn back.

View attachment 2641721

Go full send and pull all the pillar trim too.

4E503CBD-F2A6-4D95-A3BC-513F8A1C8389.jpeg

The trim on the pillars gets particularly funky where the seat belts rub. Seat belts also might look clean but once you start washing them it’s a real 🤢🤮 session. Also I find the a-pillar trim, Toyota used yellowish glue on the cover, in a humid climate this can cause some ugly yellow stains that are pretty much impossible to get out.

Little tip for headliner or pillar trim. It can get fuzzy cleaning it, particularly if you shampoo it. To get rid of the fuzz, shave it off with an electric razor. 😉

I need to strip mine and do the full scrub all the way to the headliner. It’s a real big job though.

Cheers

Go full send and pull all the pillar trim too.

The trim on the pillars gets particularly funky where the seat belts rub. Seat belts also might look clean but once you start washing them it’s a real 🤢🤮 session. Also I find the a-pillar trim, Toyota used yellowish glue on the cover, in a humid climate this can cause some ugly yellow stains that are pretty much impossible to get out.

Little tip for headliner or pillar trim. It can get fuzzy cleaning it, particularly if you shampoo it. To get rid of the fuzz, shave it off with an electric razor. 😉

I need to strip mine and do the full scrub all the way to the headliner. It’s a real big job though.

Cheers
Pretty sure the wash water that came out of my seatbelts could have been used for chemical warfare.

IMG_20200712_163902.jpg

Pretty sure the wash water that came out of my seatbelts could have been used for chemical warfare.

View attachment 2642871

Mine are grey so I just bought a new drivers. Got to do that to the rest though, whole interior for that matter. Kids were raised in my soccer mom Cruiser and it shows.

Cheers

Knocked out some stuff I had been putting off. I opened the wallet for new oem mirrors: My passenger mirror was horribly shaky when I bought it. So Passenger door:
New window run channel, New oem mirror, new window belt moulding, a bit of Kilmat inside the door and around the speaker area. one thing that bit me in the butt was that the "inner" (toward hinge) mount lug for the big phillips screw that hides under the armrest is spinning in its hole, so I will have to dab some epoxy on that guy or something.

Mine are grey so I just bought a new drivers. Got to do that to the rest though, whole interior for that matter. Kids were raised in my soccer mom Cruiser and it shows.

Cheers
Planning to get my driver's rebuilt by Safety Restore, just haven't got that far yet; drivers webbing is showing some decent wear. I figured I'd clean them in the meantime so I didn't catch ebola from my seatbelts. :vomit:

Knocked out some stuff I had been putting off. I opened the wallet for new oem mirrors: My passenger mirror was horribly shaky when I bought it. So Passenger door:
New window run channel, New oem mirror, new window belt moulding, a bit of Kilmat inside the door and around the speaker area. one thing that bit me in the butt was that the "inner" (toward hinge) mount lug for the big phillips screw that hides under the armrest is spinning in its hole, so I will have to dab some epoxy on that guy or something.

If you are talking the square plastic clip-retainer that the arm rest bolts to, here is the part number for a new one.

90189-06121

Cheers

Replaced my low pressure PS hoses today and stumbled onto another, what could have been a more serious problem. The lower alternator bolt was lose and backing out.. All tightened up and I see new belts on the horizon... ;) View attachment 2642578

Tip if you didn’t know.

Come in through the wheel well to adjust the alt. A long or several long extensions and it is super easy to get at. Far easier than sticking your arms down in the engine bay.

If it comes lose again, replace the hardware. It is not uncommon for that hardware to become stripped after decades of adjusting it.

Cheers

There isn't really too much involved in the starter circuit. You have the ignition switch, NSS , the starter and the cables linking them. Not too sure how you would test the ignition switch with out removing it. I also suspect a voltage drop on the cable that triggers the solenoid in the starter. A few have fitted a relay to address this issue.
I’m currently experiencing the same issue. Something like 6 or 7 volts at the starter signal wire. Cleaned up the connectors as they were nasty. Working now but the problem has been intermittent since a deep water crossing.

Passed emissions last week. Did pretty good for 335k miles. Had to buy a new gas cap to pass. Always a nerve-wracking experience... I have a long history of battling the emissions test :eek:

20210412_112032.jpg
20210406_154558.jpg

Went camping with @bcomnes and had a couple of feral horses challenge me to a race. They jumped out of the PJ's and right onto the road next to my rig. I about had a heart attack when I saw them appear next to my passenger door. I slowed down and they got in front of me and kept going. They didn't want to get out of the road and I was able to follow them for about 200 yards until they decided they had enough and dipped out.
20210411_082154.jpg

20210410_191314.jpg

20210411_101609.jpg

20210411_101545.jpg

That is good mileage! How much adjustment do you need to make for wheels & gears to get to actual MPG? Aren't you on 37's? Geared 4.88 or 5.29?
Yes 37's and geared at 5.29. in the city/highway in getting 12ish with A/C. In the pic was a lot of open roads. . .and not being too heavy on the pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom