What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (85 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought the bumper years ago from another member on here who got it from a member in so-cal. It was originally a swing-down bumper that I had modified to a single swing out.
I’m assuming the fab shop was “sniper fabrication” or something along those lines. @devo

Found a spot to camp overnight about 20 miles south of Ely on my way back to SF.

IMG_8938.JPG

IMG_8940.JPG

IMG_8949.JPG

Spent way too long on a spark plug job.

Bottom grommets stuck to the plugs. I used silicone brake grease in the install, with dielectric grease on the tip and antiseaze on the tthread's.

20210104_101332.jpg

Started measuring out and laser cutting window covers.
IMG_20210104_181627_648.jpg

Made it to 400,000 miles just before the new year. Still going strong! It's amazing how many parts I have never touched. Just replaced first tie rod end last weekend. Have the parts to do a full rebuild on the front axle including new berfields and spider gears.

26951.jpeg

Made it to 400,000 miles just before the new year. Still going strong! It's amazing how many parts I have never touched. Just replaced first tie rod end last weekend. Have the parts to do a full rebuild on the front axle including new berfields and spider gears.

View attachment 2544823
Wow! And here I thought hitting 240,000 yesterday was an achievement.
By the way, that is the clearest gauge lense I've ever seen.
067FDA52-D3AE-4761-97EC-3E0FDED0A4F6.jpeg

For this first round going to try
What material do you plan to use and how do you plan to attach? I'm currently using water heater reflective material which is OK but I could have done a better job measuring.
For this first round going to try Reflectix might line with cloth on one side, and use suctions cups to attach.

Might also try magnets if I can find find a good way to attach them.

Still early on... maybe I will do one with suction cups and one with magnets and compare

For this first round going to try Reflectix might line with cloth on one side, and use suctions cups to attach.

Still early on... maybe I will do one with suction cups and one with magnets and compare
Would earth magnets be strong enough to hold each other through the glass? You could put felt on the sides mounting to the glass.

Do you a link for those leds in the ARB bumper?
I don't have a link as I got them along time ago.
They are after market VW lights. ARB used a VW sized light in their bumpers up until the recent versions.
I originally found the light info in the 100 series forum

I forgot there was a power light on the dash. 😆
Mine just went out on Sunday! I thought I accidentally turned off all my PWR. Toggled and no light. I kinda like driving with no green lights on the dash (D went out long ago), especially at night. :p

Back by popular demand...

What tires say about a Land Cruiser Owner:

37's say, "I'm the big dog, you're gonna have a hard time following me, hehehe, burp, get me to MOAB for some pic's, My rig's name is Lenny, I remember one time on the trail I lost my brand new Oakleys...".

35's say, "Why didn't I get 37's? I'm big tire curious and I don't want to re-gear, my rigs name is Bear, wait, I do want to re-gear, wait, I'll get a snorkel, a bunch of amber lights for all the fog and my Gaia tells me where I am not."

33's say, "I'll follow you up 35% of the way, I don't like Arizona pinstriping and I'm going to call my rig an expedition vehicle, what's wrong with my running boards? My rigs name is Overlanderrooski and everything I own says ARB on it and I love watching that Jeep guy on Youtube, Yaye!"

285's say, "I wish I had a 100 or 4Runner or 5th gen Taco and that way I could sync my heart rate monitor to the EGR, my Prius name is Claire and it sync's beautifully to my pedometer, my rigs name has 12 vowels and is not gender specific and I won the Scrabble World Championship with the word "pu"."

Zona

I went the suction cup route first (rear side sliders) and found that cold or very hot weather would make the cups fail. I'm sure there are better quality suction cups out there but the cheap ones were a pain after a while. Also the cups got in the way when rolling up the material. I then moved to just oversizing the panels out of the reflectix stuff and wedging them in the window gaps which seem to work better but still not perfect. Cloth on the inside would be a nice touch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom