What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (97 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Personal taste, but disagree completely. The lines on the 80 are much more classic. The 200 is enormous, bulbous and modern...totally different animals. That said, I still do really like the look of a built 200 - particularly 2016+.
Right, the 80 has more classic lines than a 200...but a 60 has more classic lines than an 80 and a 40 has more classic lines than...and so it goes. I'm not saying I don't appreciate that perspective. If I thought 80's weren't cool looking I would have bought something else. All I'm saying is the perception that the body style of an 80 is "classic" has more to do with the fact that they haven't been in production for a while than it does the design itself. People will say the same of the 200 in 20 years...

Unlike 40s, 60s, the unicorn 70s, and 80s and lx450s, when and if I spot a 200, I don’t obsessively yell out “land cruiser” to the family when driving around town or on the hwy or watching tv. To that end, I’ll only point out built 100’s.

Frankly, I’m not sure I could reliably spot a 200 traveling at me from the opposite direction.

Granted, If someone handed me the keys to a 200, I would be happy to drive it. it’s not like it’s an Aztec or an Avalanche or something.

Say what you want about the styling of the 200 but my wife's 200 has never ceased to impress me when we have taken it offroad. Is it as capable as a built 80? No. But its more capable than a stock 80 in my opinion. Even without lockers it will climb a wall with ease and in comfort. It also has plenty of power unlike the 1fz. I really think a built 200 would be the perfect offroad vehicle. And the 2016+ models are nice. Plus this is the last year of the land cruiser nameplate in the US so they will start looking more appealing

Happy weekend/new year everyone. After about a year of not touching my cruiser I have started my frame/body restoration & engine rebuild. Hoping to get the body off this week and start disassembling the motor. Goal is to have it all done by March/April.

If any of you want to come help there is unlimited beer/energy drinks available and I will be eternally grateful.

IMG_7022.jpg

Did a little snow wheeling yesterday with some family. It's nice that I've got 3 brothers in law that all have decent Toyotas. A built '89 4Runner with 5VZ, SAS, coilovers/3-link, 37's. A TRD Pro 4Runner that's also built well with dual ARB's, 33's, CBI bumpers and winch. And a 2016 200 series that is a recent upgrade from a built LX470. It's already lifted on 34's and I'm sure will get some more mods as time goes on. Makes family get-togethers more fun.

Destroyed 3 Maxtrax in the snow yesterday. Been using Maxtrax for years and have never seen one break before this.
NYD Snowrun 2021 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

My son got to do most of the driving to learn how to deal with snow driving.

4psi and still got stuck a bunch.

20210101_181407.jpg
20210102_083018.jpg

Unlike 40s, 60s, the unicorn 70s, and 80s and lx450s, when and if I spot a 200, I don’t obsessively yell out “land cruiser” to the family when driving around town or on the hwy or watching tv. To that end, I’ll only point out built 100’s.

Frankly, I’m not sure I could reliably spot a 200 traveling at me from the opposite direction.

Granted, If someone handed me the keys to a 200, I would be happy to drive it. it’s not like it’s an Aztec or an Avalanche or something.
I couldn't have said it better myself! It drives my wife crazy!

Haven't had a ton of time over the holidays to do much on the Cruiser but I did a couple small things. Got some new lights to replace my Hella HIDs. All I can say is WOW! There are some details on them in my build thread.
Laser Lights. by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Also replaced my liftgate emblem

I’ve got Hella’s to replace. Are these the ticket...look know further?? Those the 8.5” or 7”?

they're Rigid's flush mount versions.... the marker hole needs to be expanded a little bit to get them in. If I were to do it again I'd do two pairs of flush mount squadron pros.....or even the S2 pros

but they really help fill in the sides of the road and work as DRL's nicely..... they do have a cutoff so they rarely offend

Amazon product ASIN B074TV4DGF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom