What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got my Trail Gear bumper and wired up some LEDs, looks a lot better than my beat up stock bumper. Been taking it to the beach fishing and playing a bit. Really debating to get a snorkel or not?......

803A6913-D743-4E1C-A29E-4212C1631090.jpeg

Looking good, i'll probably run into you out here one day:)
Cut off the lame Mud Flaps! Finally finished base lining, Ironman Snorkel, ARB Diff Breathers, Smittybilt Winch with custom SS bracket for the winch control, Black hood wrap, Alpine deck and all new speakers, lots of Wit's End goodies (Thanks Joey) added Delta Storage brackets for a storage Tray in the back (Now i have a grab handle for the Dirver's side :bounce:. waiting for my GOBI Ladder (Ordered in January) should be here in the next couple weeks :bang:. Hopefully the Uptop Overland rack ships Monday. Now if I could only stop working so much I can wheel the Beast. Only been able to use it for work to drive to job sites. Not that I am complaining, as the money funds my Cruiser Addiction but 3-days off in the last 42 days is getting old. Got more stuff to do but no time to do it. Just got the Lutz speedo adjustment, but too many Honey-dos to crawl under and install. :( oh and the Metal Tech sliders are on top of my paddle boards gathering dust, as I have no time to weld them up and still need to powder coat them.

View attachment 2355614View attachment 2355615

Cut off the lame Mud Flaps! Finally finished base lining, Ironman Snorkel, ARB Diff Breathers, Smittybilt Winch with custom SS bracket for the winch control, Black hood wrap, Alpine deck and all new speakers, lots of Wit's End goodies (Thanks Joey) added Delta Storage brackets for a storage Tray in the back (Now i have a grab handle for the Dirver's side :bounce:. waiting for my GOBI Ladder (Ordered in January) should be here in the next couple weeks :bang:. Hopefully the Uptop Overland rack ships Monday. Now if I could only stop working so much I can wheel the Beast. Only been able to use it for work to drive to job sites. Not that I am complaining, as the money funds my Cruiser Addiction but 3-days off in the last 42 days is getting old. Got more stuff to do but no time to do it. Just got the Lutz speedo adjustment, but too many Honey-dos to crawl under and install. :( oh and the Metal Tech sliders are on top of my paddle boards gathering dust, as I have no time to weld them up and still need to powder coat them.

View attachment 2355614View attachment 2355615
You on the Big Island? I'm in Kona

I thought this was a fun picture... I bought an old kayak yesterday after picking up some used Yakima J-racks last week. Now I understand when I see some of you saying the stock roof rack sucks... The side rails seem decent enough, but those cross bars are really flimsy!

w-yak.jpg

Took my daughter up the hill to do some off-road training. A couple highlights:
20200626_165659.jpg
20200626_165834.jpg
20200626_175521.jpg
IMG_20200626_181622.jpg

I tried to get her stuck but it was tough. We did get some wheel lift in an articulation spot, but she just backed out of it. Stupid Land Cruisers don't get stuck unless there's serious mud or physical and damaging contact to the rig!

A link to all the videos. Some are better than others, but I mostly took them for one of the members who complained there wasn't enough carnage in one of my other threads, and for my daughter so we could review them and learn.

Then, because of events in the 2nd to last video, I spent Saturday removing the power steering box from my parts rig and time on IH8MUD learning about power steering.

Why would you need a snorkel?? Oh, who the hell am I kidding...'need' has nothing to do with a snorkel. ;)
We need a vendor to insulate one so we can store cold beverages in the snorkel. It will look cool and provide a real service. If you ever encounter a water crossing, remove the cans and flip a flap to transfer air intake from stock to snorkel. Now it's worth $200 and a hole in your fender. Oh! You could even route the cans into the passenger compartment through the firewall...like a vending machine!

Took my daughter up the hill to do some off-road training. A couple highlights:

Then, because of events in the 2nd to last video, I spent Saturday removing the power steering box from my parts rig and time on IH8MUD learning about power steering.

I thought to myself "That looks an awful lot like Utah, except without any smoke..." (looks at location tag) -yep!

Hopefully replacing my engine coolant temp sensor will resolve my erratic high idle issue. Diagnosed here in Mud along with a BlueDriver OBD scan tool...
View attachment 2355643

Those sensors are pricey, but you can find them in most junk yards. Toyota used the same sensor on 4 runners, Tacoma's and a few other models. That's how I replaced mine and it worked great.

I thought to myself "That looks an awful lot like Utah, except without any smoke..." (looks at location tag) -yep!

Yeah, we had our fire and evacuation last year. Hope you guys are doing good down there!

Finally installed my QPM and other bits from wits end along with my compressor. I’ve been using the compressor screwed down to a piece of scrap wood for two years now.
DF87B247-AB25-48E3-A909-D07A430F6300.jpeg
6D29BD4C-7EE8-478B-B908-ACBB972AEDF1.jpeg
4D7ED690-7244-4D5E-9FF2-91E04B9C2087.jpeg
874DEF67-DF1B-42CF-9BBB-5276DB112095.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom