What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check your wheel bearing adjustment.

Well, I visit that workshop again. They opened both of front wheels. Checked the play (Vertical & horizontal), and it was OK. They spin them manually, and both of them were absolutely free. No resistance while spinning them manually.

They fixed back nicely.

Then opened rear wheels, and same results.

They confirmed everything is good with the wheels.

I visited the Wheel Balancing & Alignment shop, have all wheels balanced. Crossed all Wheels too. And Alignment was perfect also.

But Vibrations are still there. When pushing the accelerator, It seems that engine or gear is carrying extra load and producing vibrations.

Now going to Visit shop who are expert in Shafts and will post updates later.

Spent the weekend in the Ochoco National Forest.
Saw some cool military trucks on one of our gas stops.
6C499BB2-34E5-40FA-ABE1-A07BC0983B84.jpeg
740068EF-41FC-46DC-9763-B14F3523E9BD.jpeg
D10100B8-9735-49E0-837B-2D606EFE320B.jpeg
3D3B66CC-7C9E-4BDD-B983-09FB5CAF9BE5.jpeg

Nice rims on the 80. What brand and size? Thanks.

Installed a lift to work on her and washed her up for the first time since the paint job! Thanks to @fourtrax for all the advice on the lift! 40 needed some rear end surgery so it got the first go on the lift.

50050440963_5306b77455_b.jpg

New sliders come Tuesday - get those painted up and I'm done for a bit (yeah, right)...

50051033436_d1cf1ef651_h.jpg

50051033386_2c56f879ff_h.jpg

Educate me. What’s the point of the 430 visors in the 80?
With some adapters they bolt right in and are pretty abundant/cheap. You get sliding visors with more coverage. Mine finally just showed up. Dunno what UPS did with them but they're finally here.

I installed a 37 gal long range fuel tank. My old one was cracked and leaking...I could only get about 16 gal in it.

The long range tank uses the hangers for the existing fuel tank straps. Mine were rusted all to hell, so I had to fabricate some new mounts. I'm enjoying the expanded capacity.
Which brand did you purchase? Any modifications necessary to make it work? Any loss of ground clearance or departure angle?

Nice rims on the 80. What brand and size? Thanks.
I like those wheels, a little narrower spoke and sharper edges than the SCS F5 I've been eyeballing. Since SCS makes the F5 in a 17x9, I've been planning a 315 upgrade when the tires wear out but now I must ponder the FN Wheels Five Stars.

Which brand did you purchase? Any modifications necessary to make it work? Any loss of ground clearance or departure angle?

Mosley Motors. Excellent quality. You’ll have to modify the fuel pump bracket and the fuel float arm. Nothing crazy, but it took some time.

Reactions: MoJ
Mosley Motors. Excellent quality. You’ll have to modify the fuel pump bracket and the fuel float arm. Nothing crazy, but it took some time.

Great to see Cam is getting into the 80’s more, we needed more east coast support!

He seems to be a solid Cruiserhead who does great work!

Replaced all 4x calipers with new OEM Toyota, fought the bloody brake system bleeding for 2 days (ran out of fluid and had to get more), replaced steering gearbox with a Redhead gears unit and bled that system, installed Marlin Crawler tie rod and drag link with new Three Five ends, did my own alignment and straightened out my steering wheel. Put off the oil change until my Ford 90 degree arrives and I empty my oil bucket.

Thanks! Any loss of ground clearance or departure angle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom