What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0CF08965-025D-498F-8A76-B2F89F917351.jpeg

Picked up a slightly used RTT this weekend, with annex. Now to order a Gamiviti roof rack! I'll be ordering that up later today... can't wait!

5 Aces and a palindrome odometer on Friday. (Yes, my dash is dusty).
1580149334335.png

will this work on headliner? mine needs it ad I dont want to replace.

@RFB. It took me a bit to get to it but I did try the Chemical Guys stain extractor on a piece of the headliner trim today. VERY happy with the results. The truck this came from had many years of cigarette smoke buildup and greasy fingerprints around this piece of trim from the B-pillar. It was NASTY and came out looking like new.

Tip - Use a soft bristle brush. I used a kitchen scrub brush and it bordered on being too stiff and damaging the knap of the covering.

Headliner Cleaning.jpg

Last edited:
oooooooooo that is a pretty awesome idea!

I was pretty stoked about it too, love having my radios in the truck but being my DD means I need to keep the cab as clean & clutter-less as possible. I’ll be mounting the GMRS and HAM directly to one of the delta panels.

I was originally planning to put the sockets in the shifter console and hang the mic on the Wits End ash tray mount, but I was worried about having to run two more cables out of the console since I’ve already got 2x 12 pin connectors coming out for everything else. Figure I’ll just put the mic hook on the side of the delta shifter.

USB ports INSIDE the cupholders?

You don’t have a USB heated coffee mug!? :grinpimp:

In all seriousness, there are 6x dual USB sockets in the truck and I think that one is about to be my favorite. With a 90 degree USB to Lightening cable, I can keep keep a coiled charger in the space beneath the bottom of the cup holder, and then plug my phone in and rest it in the console like this:
2E50B057-8C7E-4EC8-890C-E7D8A743C1C2.jpeg

I don’t have the cable plugged in for that pic but it pretty much looks the same except the phone sits a little higher since it’s sitting on the 90 deg plug. The other USB 90 deg end means I can use the cup holder without interference.

The other socket next to it is pretty much just there because I had the space, I figure I can flip up the cup holders if I need an extra socket for charging cameras, drones, lights, etc while camping.

You don’t have a USB heated coffee mug!? :grinpimp:

In all seriousness, there are 6x dual USB sockets in the truck and I think that one is about to be my favorite. With a 90 degree USB to Lightening cable, I can keep keep a coiled charger in the space beneath the bottom of the cup holder, and then plug my phone in and rest it in the console like this:
View attachment 2194280
I don’t have the cable plugged in for that pic but it pretty much looks the same except the phone sits a little higher since it’s sitting on the 90 deg plug. The other USB 90 deg end means I can use the cup holder without interference.

The other socket next to it is pretty much just there because I had the space, I figure I can flip up the cup holders if I need an extra socket for charging cameras, drones, lights, etc while camping.
I just thought the wires would interfere with cupholding while charging.....

Did you remember to account for the difference in fulcrum length that gives you?

No adjustments required if it is used 90 degrees to the side, no increase in length.

What's that net in the headliner? A rack maybe? I'm looking for something like it for my 80.
Looks like a storage shelf "attic rack". I have something similar:

Attic.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom