What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (110 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been having some random cut off and accelerating issues. Tore into the harness and found this at the extension of TPS required for supercharger. Got to wrap it up in some sexy new loom provided by a member when done too

image.jpg
image.jpg

[QUOTE="Got to wrap it up in some sexy new loom provided by a member when done too

View attachment 947223 View attachment 947224[/QUOTE]

Make it even more sexy by cuffing the ends in shrink tube. Clean up those ends real nice.

-A

Removed my roof rack this morning. Luckily there was no rust. I just filled the holes with stainless bolts band gasketed washers. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so it'll be a good test.

Also, removed second row passenger seat in preparation for a few camping/wheeling trips coming up. Makes it nice to sleep.

How does it ride?

Rides very good. I think it may have softened up a tad. Which with the medium rate springs on there it is welcome. I do need to get under it and adjust the rear UCAs to get the pinion angle right though.

Winched a 4Runner back on the slippery muddy road. He slide to the side of the road and beginning to slide into the trees. He high centered in the ruts then got into trouble backing out. I then showed him how an 80-series does it with ease. I think he is going to trade in his 4Runner.

IMGP0359.jpg

Then the jeeps turn.

IMG_20140928_122033_881.jpg
IMG_20140928_122618_093.jpg
IMG_20140928_122618_093.jpg
IMG_20140928_121956_303.jpg
Took to one of the very few remaining legal off road trails up in Mt. Charleston (it's kind of a secret, haha, but if you are local and want to know about it just PM me) and the family and dog had a blast. Grabbed a Geocache along the way!

Replaced all the radiator hoses, coolant, belts, water pump, thermostat, alternator, plugs, cap + rotor and wires. I also did the 15,000 CST fan clutch mod at the same time. Temp used to sit at the 195-201F range at idle and about 190-193 driving with the AC on (measured by the scan gauge). Now it sits at 180-184 at idle and around 187F on the freeway. I can't compare apples to apples because it's been much cooler in Phoenix recently. The first time I got past 190F was on the way up to Sedona. These trucks hate climbing hills on the highways and as soon as I got to the top of the climb the temps dropped by 5's down to the 180's. I drove the Schnebly Hill Road from the 17 to Sedona, then lunch at El Rincon then back down to Phoenix.

The trail was easy with some rocky bits but nothing a stock unlocked 80 couldn't handle. Very scenic and we passed at least 3 Pink Jeep Tours on the trail hahaha.

IMG_20140927_114625_435.jpg
drove fat bastard down to the springs and back to pick up some springs and see how he did on fuel mileage. was doing about 80 on the highway, but a lot of local road crap. ac was on for brief times.

Got scared by the roof rack rust thread and took off the factory roof rack and fortunately there is minimum rust. I actually like the look 80 with no rack. Question is should I take out the strips? No idea what they are for but very little rust also. If any one is interest I used stainless M5-.8 x 8MM bolts from Home Depot.

Anyone want a free factory rack? Free to anyone before the recycle man takes it.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1411951566.446826.jpg

...Misspelled via IH8MUD app

Last edited:
Water system upgrade
Was using a 100oz Camelbak with a modded adjustable spigot that worked great but found the need for more capacity. Up the capacity to 3.5 gals, by installing a bulkhead in a WaterBrick and relocating the spigot. With the latest change to WaterBricks I now have a simple and trouble free water system with 12.5gals of RO water.

IMG_9784.JPG
IMG_9787.JPG
IMG_9790.JPG
IMG_9797.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom