What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (95 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good! What seats are those?
Corebau sport seats with cloth centers. They're good but for the money, I probably would have rebuilt the original ones having now experienced how good the OE seats can be with new foam and leather.

I got out and did a little exploring. Nothing too technical but still fun.

Jq4W6qWh.jpg

Z5PaZLAh.jpg

Mind sharing how you ran your wire from the hatch back to the body? I've got a light I'm interested in mounting up but want to be sure to route the wire in a way that doesn't end up with it getting pinched.
I ran it through the top left conduit that's goign to the Hatch. Ran it through with some bailing wire covered it grease to pull it through easier. Then fished it through and tucked it under the weather stripping for the lights on the glass.
20200102_070230.jpg
20200102_070234.jpg

I charged my “Tesla” at the hotel and enjoyed front row parking.
View attachment 2170183
Nice, so the 80 can finally have some torque!? :p

It got me thinking though. Can someone make a plug that matches the Tesla charging port that we can use as shore power to charge our battery systems while parked. Maybe @NLXTACY. Then we can park in those spots legitimately.
No, the plug communicates with the car to set charge rate, timing, etc.

Added some new lights to the rear Hatch View attachment 2170551View attachment 2170552

What lights are those? I like choice of blinding bright or soft amber.

Drove all my cruisers over the last 2 weeks. Found this cool spot today. General Lee camped here so that’s kinda cool. Walked in his footsteps.. Can you see the cruiser?

97B2BE69-9785-413E-AF24-B5683F4E05B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Scored some replacement speakers for the LX. I was using the fader because the front ones only made static sounds. The back doors sounded real tinny, but adjusting the bass helped a little. Replacing the speakers in all the doors wasn't bad at all, except I broke one of the little triangle thingies :confused:
20191229_151928.jpg

Anyway, $35 for the front doors and $25 for the back doors, and I am in audio heaven. I know it's not a great system, but it sounds a hell of a lot better and louder than it did before.

I really wasn't prepared for just how bad the old speakers looked.

20200102_085543.jpg

^^ Mine also looked like that. I too broke the triangle cover, but over the passenger side mirror. lol

Corebau sport seats with cloth centers. They're good but for the money, I probably would have rebuilt the original ones having now experienced how good the OE seats can be with new foam and leather.

I have rebuilt OE seats and they are really good but I really wish I had a armrest

Finished up with the knuckle rebuilds, brifield replacements and tie rod replacements. Final piece came in today. Just finished the installation. Go tomorrow for an alignment.

12964255-9957-4E8B-A74A-A4D5F9ECE276.jpeg

Finished up with the knuckle rebuilds, brifield replacements and tie rod replacements. Final piece came in today. Just finished the installation. Go tomorrow for an alignment.

View attachment 2171730

Looking good. You’ll want to toss some paint on those 555 tre’s or they will rust up pretty fast.

Looking good. You’ll want to toss some paint on those 555 tre’s or they will rust up pretty fast.
Will do! Thanks for the tip!

I was changing out my front diff fluid when i noticed this pathway air has when it hits the radiator.
20200101_134843.jpg

So air coming into the grill can hit the radiator and go straight down, instead if through.
IMG_20200102_064629_495.jpg

So i made a "skid" plate to protect the paper clip and force air. It's street sign thick aluminum.

20200102_063914.jpg
20200101_135551.jpg

I was changing out my front diff fluid when i noticed this pathway air has when it hits the radiator.
View attachment 2171960
So air coming into the grill can hit the radiator and go straight down, instead if through.
View attachment 2171962
So i made a "skid" plate to protect the paper clip and force air. It's street sign thick aluminum.

View attachment 2171961View attachment 2171963
Good idea, however, the "paperclip" is the cooler for the power steering and relies on airflow past it to keep the fluid cool.
Your cool guard won't allow your PS fluid to be..............less warm.

Hit a rather large deer this morning before sunrise. f***!

1976539-1a70d27b049f152f2a74453ccd577777.jpg

View attachment 2172029
But damn! That bumper looks great!

Good thing you didn't have a damage multiplier on!

See all the positivity that can come from this minor setback?!?!?!?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom