What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, you’ll be fine.
i BELIEVE i WILL BUT WE SHALL SEE, THERE WONT BE ANY GETTING A
ROUND COAST TO COAST AND LOTS OF DIRT ROCKS AND SUCH IN BETWITX

Made good progress today. Need to replace 2 clips and repair 1 wire then it will be time to mount the transmission

20190811_193620.jpg

Installed 90 degree oil filter adapter and changed the oil and oil filter. New shocks on the front. Will do the rear ones next weekend when I replace all the bushings.
how does it fot and was it worth it? I keep meaning to do this and nevr have Ive changed oil in the ig at least 25 times in 3 years.

I thought this was funny...
Custom Image 10082019213635.jpg

DSC04967.jpg

Last edited:
Hit a local trail I’ve known of, but hadn’t checked out... Turned out pretty alright

95750BD5-6427-435C-A1DF-1218E15552DA.png

Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I have AN lines that I have not touched on my truck in 6 years. No safety wire, just installed correctly.
I feel there is not much that can touch the quality of oem Mr T, and for good reason. Toyota is like (or at least WAS like) us in the total respect for top shelf quality before all other considerations. The aftermarket has the huge challenge of trying to keep pace with that high bar. Most can't do it and thus stay away from our market, but we have the handful here that can. Lucky for us that with @scottryana 's help @NLXTACY has made the strides he has towards what every 1fz-fe wants and needs.

I think ems powered made huge inroads in the US for boosted 80 series trucks and got killed by bad circumstances. The Wits End turbo should (and I suspect will) slam the door on the "what do I do now" topic when rebuild/upgrade time comes.

And it cometh right soon.

Some camping up on the Mogollon Rim in AZ. Rain, hail, mud, fun.

Wife says, "Hey, I wanna drive through the mud." I looked at her and she was serious, I looked behind me at my 5 yr. old and 7 yr. old, they were buckled up but had some raised eyebrows.

I got out and thought I'd record it and if she got stuck I'd use the winch or protrek things.

She was all over the place, hitting every puddle there was, bouncing around like a pinball, she did a pretty good job too.

I hopped back in--kids were bug eyed with mouths open white knuckles on their booster chairs--she had a giant grin. Here they are:

Zona
IMG_9306.jpg

how does it fot and was it worth it? I keep meaning to do this and nevr have Ive changed oil in the ig at least 25 times in 3 years.
Fit was pretty good. I'll grab a picture later.

Reactions: RFB
The wife and I went up for some "family camping" with my brother's family and my mom and stepdad. Always a bit of a challenge due to the personalities involved, but all in all a good time. This was our second trip with the A-liner and we're starting to get the hang of it. The truck actually rides so much better and makes a lot fewer squeaks and rattles with a camper hanging off the back of it. Go figure.

Brought along my new toy--800mm telescope. Saw the galilean moons and the rings of Saturn for the first time. Very :cool: and was a hit with the nieces. Very clear skies at the CO/WY border.

20190810_074327.jpg

20190810_164613.jpg

20190810_160421.jpg

20190811_083221.jpg

20190810_214708.jpg

Put the Borla cat-back on behind the Magnaflow Y-Pipe and Cats, thanks to my sawzall.

IMG_1595.jpeg

IMG_1597.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg

The wife and I went up for some "family camping" with my brother's family and my mom and stepdad. Always a bit of a challenge due to the personalities involved, but all in all a good time. This was our second trip with the A-liner and we're starting to get the hang of it. The truck actually rides so much better and makes a lot fewer squeaks and rattles with a camper hanging off the back of it. Go figure.

Brought along my new toy--800mm telescope. Saw the galilean moons and the rings of Saturn for the first time. Very :cool: and was a hit with the nieces. Very clear skies at the CO/WY border.

View attachment 2055971

View attachment 2055972

View attachment 2055973

View attachment 2055974

View attachment 2055976
Which telescope is that? I use the Orion SkyQuest 800mm but there's too much light pollution in most of Florida.

Replaced the fan clutch with a new green hub Aisin. Modified the fan shroud to make accessing it and the belts a bit easier and added some insulation to close up the gap between the rad and shroud. Got the roar now! Will see how it does camping in the mountains this weekend.

Replaced the fan clutch with a new green hub Aisin. Modified the fan shroud to make accessing it and the belts a bit easier and added some insulation to close up the gap between the rad and shroud. Got the roar now! Will see how it does camping in the mountains this weekend.
Do you have a write up about the shroud mod?

That looks nice! How was the fitment? and how about the sound?

Fitment was great actually, kinda tricky getting it to route over the frame but a little wiggling it worked out. Getting new exhaust hanger bushings from Wits End (LINK) was key as well. Sound is great, not drone-y, not too throat-y either, just a little more bark at the high end and tone down the highway there than before. It's actually quieter than my bent/dented/leaky OEM exhaust was the last few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom