What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got to explore a little, then I found these guys right before it got dark and winched the truck out. It was dark and cold by the time I was winching and was to muddy and tired to get a picture of the recovery.
20190217_183503.jpg
20190209_124016.jpg
20190223_082652.jpg
20190223_072633.jpg

Wrapped up my 7" headlight and grille conversion (less my chrome LX badge :p) from @kelly saad and took the boys shooting, then blew up a zombie with a little (lots) of Tannerite.

Video Link: Zombie Goes Bye Bye.mp4

20190414_084630.jpg

20190414_102810.jpg

20190414_102814.jpg

Last edited:
Dumped all diffs and transfer case (which apparently had ATF in it), refilled w/synthetic gear oil. Dumped whatever would come out of the tranny's drain plug, refilled. Changed oil, took sample to send to Blackstone. Replaced all the vacuum lines, pulled throttle body and cleaned it and most of the intake manifold.

Oh yeah - almost forgot. Ordered Denso starter because the POS aftermarket thing I have is horrible (and to think, I let my OEM Denso go because I was too lazy at the time to rebuild it myself - damnit!). Also ordered new hydraulic lifters for the hood and rear hatch. Tired of getting hit on the head.
Good call on the hood struts. I've had a Tacoma stick in place for about 2x years since the struts konked out and was happy until I was at the car wash on a windy day last week. A gust caught the hood, very nearly displaced the rod and threatened to kill my beautiful face. So....now I'm reconsidering the struts. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nice! I have a Henry just like that one.
Very nice! It's so purdy I hate that he takes it out. I'm worried it will get marred up the whole time.

Nice! You have adequately displayed why I carry an axe, folding saw and considering a chainsaw. :)

What, don't tell me your afraid of a little tree crawling. JK that would be a great way to ruin a tire lol

Removed the 3rd row seats and gave the truck it's first ever (since I've owned it) hand wash. Replaced the rear hatch struts - now pops right up and takes a little effort to get it down. Moved around to the front to replace the hood struts and found that a 11mm wrench is too small to remove the ball. 12mm is too big (fear of rounding it). Thought "hmmm, someone must have replaced with SAE at some point in the past..." But 7/16 too small and 1/2 way too big. Tried to grab it with a pair of needle nose vice grips but no luck - too thick to get behind the socket. Don't have an 11.5 mm or 15/32 wrench (if they exist). The replacement ball (Maxpow) takes an 11mm wrench. I really don't want to have to cut the socket off. What's the trick?

OEM hood-side ball sockets are 12mm. I find it difficult to believe it would be an SAE wrench size with metric attaching threads. Maybe your 12mm spanner wrench is sloppy?

Could be. Tried 2 different ones but neither of them top of the line.

Finally installed my leather steering wheel cover today thats been in a box for a year.....it takes about 3-4 hours for a first timer like me to install/sew.

The brand is Loncky, leather is nice and price is good for the kit...for 95-97 80 series and LX-450

View attachment 1953555

View attachment 1953557

How was it leaving the steering wheel in place to sew the new one on? Did you use the single or double needle method

37" tires and death wobble.

Is this a common failure. I have driven my rig to hard a few times and I cannot find the cause of my rig wandering left then wandering right and vice versa everytime I go off-road. I better check this out

Is this a common failure. I have driven my rig to hard a few times and I cannot find the cause of my rig wandering left then wandering right and vice versa everytime I go off-road. I better check this out
Pretty common for the panhard bracket to develop cracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom