What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned out one of the rear 1/4 panel cavities and found an old hat I had forgotten about..

IMG_5453.jpg
IMG_5454.jpg

Used the tailgate as a boiling station for yellow jacket eradication. Yellow jackets are ground nesters and had to wait until after dark for all the workers to return to the nest. Boiled up a a couple of pots of water and doused the nest.

IMG_5457.jpg

Used the tailgate as a boiling station for yellow jacket eradication. Yellow jackets are ground nesters and had to wait until after dark for all the workers to return to the nest. Boiled up a a couple of pots of water and doused the nest.

View attachment 2489419
I love the cunning and expediency with which you wage war. Mine seem to enjoy the eves and under the handrail. A retired dod chemist taught me to add just enough dawn to break the surface tension of the water in a spray bottle or weed sprayer works extremely well. Cheap and no oily mess.

View attachment 2489419
We used to take an 8” length of 1/2” pvc pipe and shove it into the nest. Pour a bunch of gasoline in it and light a bottle rocket down the pipe. Loads of fun for the whole family!

What center caps are those? Looks like the length is more right than most of aftermarket caps.

Sadly I’m not sure. The truck never had ‘em on the front until a friend who had a pair laying around gave them to me about ten years ago. Next time I have the wheels off I’ll check if there are any markings on the inside...

Took the truck on a 700 mile round trip up to Big Sur to try out the new roof top tent setup. Worked like a charm and I’m really digging this front runner rack and quick release mounts.

3477B3A9-C1C6-4C32-BFB1-CF33155FCF09.jpeg

D452390E-4AA8-4819-AE48-1D72A67B510E.jpeg

1F2E5957-3DCF-431C-B4A6-761AAB231656.jpeg

Decided to drive it for work. 400 miles in 6 hours getting 15 mpg from a carbureted barn door on wheels.

Went over 326,000 miles on the way.

CAABE1F4-519D-4615-BBAA-5FB6EBAD26EE.jpeg

1FFD0DEF-040B-4F60-B4DA-6DC691BDF5E3.jpeg

BA8F9AD0-7526-4894-BB56-94084E692A63.jpeg

Finally got it running after being down for around 7 years... This video is from a couple of weeks ago. I have since installed new Ironman springs/shocks & steering dampner. still need to work out a few bugs

Took advantage of a prairie snowstorm to do some interior "restoration" work. My panels are rotten because the rusty quarters let water in, so I cut out some new cards. I'll put them back in once the rust is repaired.
IMG_2441.jpg
4EB09A0F-4192-4C0A-AA70-92FCE0D8123F.JPG
IMG_2465.jpg

Made the truck fly (new lift!)
on the lift.jpg

Looks great! What kind of board did you use?
Ha, good question, actually. My wife is a painter, so there was a bunch of tempered hardboard laying around that had been used as backer board for picture frames. Basically very thin Masonite (I'm pretty sure it's thinner than 1/8", even, and smooth on both sides). My original plan had been to use 1/8" Masonite or Baltic birch plywood, but this stuff was free, so...

I know that's probably not super helpful, but there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom