What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Robert Franzke theyre the 3D printed ones from @TheNeek, which I think you also used? On these JBLs the hardware didn’t seem secure with the speaker on the outside, and the surround sits so proud anyway it would have contacted the inside of the door card. did I set them up wrong?

Adjusted the valves today. Exhaust valves were a little tight, most were around .010. Intakes were pretty close a few were spot on. Did it cold and went .002 over. Tomorrow I think I'll pull the distributer and give her a recurve since I'm desmogged.

Kind of slow here at the shop, only operating at 50% of my normal schedule but I'm glad to be open and not have to stay at home all day like my wife.

IMG_20200408_152220_HDR.jpg

Covid-FJ60 aside, I took Lefty out for a bit of desert social distancing with @Dan2722

Loaded this blank canvas (more for those who are stuck at home) for a quick trip to Anza Borrego before the man shut the place down
AB1.jpeg

Quickly got into the flexing game (to the extent a truck with leaf springs can do so)
AB2.jpeg

Then found some random wash to explore for picture-taking purposes
AB3.jpeg

Chased some wildlife out of the truck
AB4.jpeg

Used @TRAIL TAILOR 's tailgate storage solution to mix beverages
AB5.jpeg

Then settled in for the night
AB6.jpeg
Very nice trip! I was curious to what is that on the tailgate looks like a stove or folding table?

Very nice trip! I was curious to what is that on the tailgate looks like a stove or folding table?

You mean behind the martini shaker and the overnighter-sized bottle of vodka? That's a Snow Peak one burner stove, part of their IGT line. More information here: (be careful, slippery slope into even more expensive Japanese products). That has become my go to cooktop in the last couple years. Just add a cast iron skillet, an oven mitt, and another martini and you're at least half way to a camping Michelin star.

@perrobravo Thanks man! I have enough cooking stuff but it's nice to have something Overlandish gadgets for show and tell.:cheers:

After adjusting the valves decided to pull and clean the throttle body really good. Tried to save the gasket but it got hung up in one spot so had to cut a new one, fortunately I had the right material at my shop.

Also did a compression check(cold/dry) and pretty happy with the numbers, #5 at 162 is a bummer but I did that one again wet and it only came up to 168 so any leakage is likely through a valve. This is an 88 fj62 with 147,806 miles.

Cylinder #1 = 170
Cylinder #2 = 177
Cylinder #3 = 176
Cylinder #4 = 169
Cylinder #5 = 162
Cylinder #6 = 178

Was hoping to get it back on the road next week but we're supposed to get another snow storm Monday - Wednesday with a foot on Monday alone, damn!

IMG_20200410_103018.jpg

IMG_20200410_125020.jpg

I’ve finished all of my COVID-19 projects (power steering box etc)
Have a friend in the body shop business and heard they were really slow.
Decided to help keep some good people employed so my rig is getting a full windows out re-spray in factory 045 single stage paint.
They just started disassembly.
As someone on this forum said...nothing keeps the economy going like a 60 series owner. Go America.

DB591A60-CF7D-4072-BA0B-FE1B63BB987E.jpeg

12371D96-4874-450D-B08C-802FD3622E67.jpeg

@Robert Franzke theyre the 3D printed ones from @TheNeek, which I think you also used? On these JBLs the hardware didn’t seem secure with the speaker on the outside, and the surround sits so proud anyway it would have contacted the inside of the door card. did I set them up wrong?
Technically it’s backwards, but it still works either way. I have a thread for them in my signature which has some pics. Some people have had their door cards modified from previous owners and stuff so the adapter can be used however you need to get the job done.

Those were the clear ones! I printed those a couple years ago!

Technically it’s backwards, but it still works either way. I have a thread for them in my signature which has some pics. Some people have had their door cards modified from previous owners and stuff so the adapter can be used however you need to get the job done.

Those were the clear ones! I printed those a couple years ago!
Yeah, I got one gold and one clear if that narrows it down— I bought when you had a batch active, knowing I’d do the speakers eventually. I may get some thicker foam tape from the hardware store and remount them when I’m in a tinkering mood. The JBL Clubs I used have a fat rubber surround which looked like it was going to contact the door card (and probably still does), but there’s not much depth for a 5 ¼” speaker to clear the window mechanism and I bent the terminals to give extra room for wiring.
If you’re in a tinkering mood it may be worth modelling/printing a double thick ring with the same hole pattern to use as a front stand-off for modern speaker clearance.

What is “compounds”. Is that a reference to a hybrid turbo?

What is “compounds”. Is that a reference to a hybrid turbo?
It's a small turbo that feeds the larger turbo which compounds their boost pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom