What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you going to hinge the top or will this just lift out?
I do like the idea of the shelf. assuming looking at this it is movable.
How easy is this to remove is you need to to work etc. and how do you access the rear washer bag (or did you just drop it)?
Just wondering as I am looking at ideas for my own rear platform.

Just planning on lift, I am gonna have a set of lawn chairs strapped on the top, the shelf itself can be moved very easy but I might cut in half for ease of storage in rig ?? For the washer bag I had made another model with a removable side cover for access to it but went this route, there should be a pic of it in my build thread. I think I might build a better tank or extend the filler net somehow ??

:cheers:

Started my rear storage for stereo stuff and tools and such..
OH, and my card board skills are not too good ! ha.. :grinpimp: :smokin: View attachment 2274044

But with some practice, and a few try's at it....

View attachment 2274047

getting there.. :cheers:
I like it. Any need for cutting an access hole in the end for something you use often? For us it's the water bottle and dog dish that we pull out nearly every stop. Maybe you have some similar need that you don't want to have to remove stuff strapped/stored on top to get to.
The removable top is so simple that I wouldn't have thought of it. I'd have hinged it and then built an overly complex device to hold the lid up that probably wouldn't work too well and then cuss everytime the lid closed on my fingers.

Found an extra buzzer for my headlights and installed it. On my 60.

image.jpg

FJ62 Transmission filter & fluid change.

2F5536AD-50FE-4A17-BF85-A020F1D0414C.jpeg

Got a great deal on a 8274 a few months back. I took it partially apart and saw that all the seals and bearings looked to be in great shape. Even the oil in it was fresh. I put a synthetic line on it and it is now ready for action. This replaces my old Mile Marker winch that was in the 62 for 12+ years.

8274.jpg

Took the brackets I made for my Mazda seats (and a handful of other parts including the roof rack and rear spoiler from my mother's 4Runner) to be powder coated. Smooth satin black coat. Came out awesome. This is the front and back for the passenger side. These were my very first welding/fabrication project from 10 years ago. Definitely hamfisted, but they're strong as hell.

Mazda Brackets.jpg

@Prime Did it come from flex dream? When I was looking for mine they had a bunch of them with a similar look to yours.

Last edited:
@Prime Did it come from flex dream? When I was looking for mine they had a bunch of them with a similar look to yours.

Good eye! Yeah it’s Flex Dream built but I didn’t buy it directly from them.

A few more pictures of the exhaust. I should probably start a build thread...

FF4A3C31-E916-413D-BE69-B9749E72395C.jpeg

BFB8DD17-9F1F-4CF5-BF4F-90B7BA6E23FC.jpeg

Good eye! Yeah it’s Flex Dream built but I didn’t buy it directly from them.

A few more pictures of the exhaust. I should probably start a build thread...

A build thread would be great!

Do you know any history on that company? Do they take beat up rigs and restore them? I noticed they liked cutting the high roof on a lot of thier vehicles. When i lived in Japan i was to far away from them to go and take a look at thier stuff but I was always interested in what they do.

Finally got my 62 out of winter hibernation yesterday and got to drive around a bit.

So today I was installing a transmission cooler and go underneath the start working on the lines and find my radiator is starting to leak. Crap! I could've fixed that over the winter. Now I'm trying to decide which radiator to get, Mishimoto, Champion(no tranny cooler) or the CSF 2708(would it even fit an 88?).

Do you think This Tru Cool 11 x 11 x 1 1/2" 29,000 btu tranny cooler would be enough without the radiator cooler? If so I'd probably get the Champion.

IMG_20200423_143334.jpg

It's Official as of Today , and as of part of our 1 year doors open celebration event to have the

Privilege to Serve the Land Cruiser Community as a whole .............. :)

Thank You Very Much !

Erin & Matt ..............

1557320401346 - Copy.png

Decided to fix my shifter bushing, which were pretty trashed. Instead of buying parts i decided to try 3D printing them.
20200426_181821.jpg

I i figured the best material to use was TPU95 which is a rubber type plastic with a meting temp of 240C. Which i figured should be high enough, though time will tell.
20200426_200918.jpg

20200426_201015.jpg

After a few test i finally got it right, took some playing around with dimensions. Everything fits nice and tight, though it took a bit of forcing to get the cotter pin in.
20200426_203343.jpg

20200426_210913.jpg

Also had to redo the pivot joint bushing since it was too big and pushing the shifter handle onto the thread portion. Though once i got everything on there the shifting is kinda stiff, though there is no play. I figure this was worth the risk to figure out how well the TPU95 holds up. I figure one good long road trip will tell whether or not the bushings will degrade or not. For the time being i finally don't have any play in my shifter, and at least the bushings look cool.

Got a lot done this weekend. Installed a trans cooler, did another drain and fill on the tranny, installed the wheels/tires from my 06 Tundra(had to use spacers), and changed oil. Used Castrol Edge 5w50 for classic cars.
IMG_20200427_132804.jpg

IMG_20200427_133107.jpg

IMG_20200426_115411.jpg

Also installed a cheap meat thermometer for a trans temp gauge, saw an old thread here on mud where someone did it. I taped the probe to the output line on the trans with foil tape then zip tied some pipe insulation over it. Works great, average temp on the hwy is about 145, have seen 160 pulling a long 5 mile grade. May not be perfectly accurate but gives me a baseline and lets me know if it's getting hot, although with the size of the cooler I used don't think I'll have any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom