What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaning up 4 speed installed new seals and gaskets.

image.jpg

Dudes in the Toyotas were prolly like WTH is up with this Jeep?!
I can vouch for that being true... the guy made an excuse about it not being lifted when I asked him to pull over more so the group could get by. Ironically, he was saying this to me in my stock soccer mom 4runner...

This all didn't happen today, but over the course of the past week. I was in quite a funk, due to my rig running like s***. To be honest, I hadn't started it in over a month. It's finally running well and I want to thank @TRAIL TAILOR , @NCFJ , and @FJ60Cam for helping me trouble shoot my issues with my LS. Given the fact I did't do the swap and they didn't either, I can't thank them enough for helping me out. At the end of the day, she has new plugs, wires, and fuel filter/regulator. Running great and I am back in love. After getting her running right, I finally put on all the @TRAIL TAILOR goodies I had laying around (sliders, front fender vents, and d-pillar vents). If anyone is considering the front and/or d-pillar vents ... Just do it. They are clean af and look amazing.

Afterwards, I went to the empty lot across the street and took some poser pics.

TT Sliders.jpg

TT D Pillar Vebts.jpg

TT Front Fender Vents.jpg

I felt like the 60 was running a bit rich after my last lean drop, so I leaned it out a little bit and adjusted the choke idle a little. Previously got 12.5 mpg out of a full tank, mostly highway. I’ll recheck vacuum and see how this adjustment treats me. It doesn’t feel as strong on throttle though.

A few steps closer :). I need to bend some brake lines and the rear will be ready. Front axle will be next Tundra calipers, 4Runner hubs on a FJ62 axle housing. I'm looking forward to having solid working brakes on this overweight red hunk of metal.

IMG_3210.JPG

A few steps closer :). I need to bend some brake lines and the rear will be ready. Front axle will be next Tundra calipers, 4Runner hubs on a FJ62 axle housing. I'm looking forward to having solid working brakes on this overweight red hunk of metal.

View attachment 2061175

80 rear axle + IFS hubs and bigger brakes = win. Get a manual proportioning valve for the rear circuit and a 80 series disc/disc MC to complete the package.

I put it on a tow truck on the side of I-20 . . . .

Drove it from Atlanta to Charleston, SC this weekend, made it most of the way back.

Ran fine all weekend, but just died running down the highway at 75mph. Cranks over, but won't catch. Fuel or spark. I can't tell which yet. CEL light works, so its not the EFI relay.

80 rear axle + IFS hubs and bigger brakes = win. Get a manual proportioning valve for the rear circuit and a 80 series disc/disc MC to complete the package.

80 series booster and MC are parts of the overall package.

Any of you 60 owners have an air injection pump (preferably operational) gathering dust that you would part with? Yes, I have an emissions test coming up in my near future.

Finally got the truck to crank. Somehow I had the battery cables swapped around, I blame it on a long night of drinking. Heres a few photos of the progress over the last two months.
Here is the day I bought it.
26E8704D-8B82-482A-9339-4ABA882E63D0.JPG

This is about a week ago after doing all of the baseline maintenance and a lot of cleaning and TLC.
LC.jpg

And this is today after getting it all back together after the lift. 2.5" OME and 33" BF Goodrich.

IMG_4116.jpg

Also picked up a brand new set of 17" FJ Cruiser steelies takeoffs this weekend. Planning on getting some tires mounted on them just to have a spare set whenever I get bored with the 15" stock wheels.

I put it on a tow truck on the side of I-20 . . . .

Drove it from Atlanta to Charleston, SC this weekend, made it most of the way back.

Ran fine all weekend, but just died running down the highway at 75mph. Cranks over, but won't catch. Fuel or spark. I can't tell which yet. CEL light works, so its not the EFI relay.

May be the circuit opening relay. There is a diagnostic in the FSM, you jump a couple of the spots in the diagnostic port, maybe FP and B (check on this I'm going from bad memory). If the fuel pump then works the circuit opening relay may be bad.

Is there any more info on this 80 axle swap? I was searching but couldn't seem to find much specific to a 60

A
Is there any more info on this 80 axle swap? I was searching but couldn't seem to find much specific to a 60

You cut off all the coil spring stuff. Weld in leaf spring perched.

It’s about 2” wider in the rear but most would not notice.

By far the easiest option for a full float/elocked disc brake with a parking brake that will actually work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom