What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After two years of solid work on the Cruiser, I finally did something with it other than work on it. Took it on its first long trip to the mountains. Made it some 1800 miles into Silverton Colorado without an issue. Truck is truly remarkable. Learned a lot about it during the long haul. Just got done with a front knuckle rebuild, OME lift and tires. Somehow got it all done and she made it without fail.

Although I could not be an official part of the SAS#3 group this year, I did swing down to Ouray to meet up with a few of them. Missed most of the group as they were out wheeling and I had to get back over the pass into Silverton to meet up with my camp party. Did talk a bit with @DickM. He graciously showed me his 2FE equipped 60 series with added cruise control. Now that's a rig!!!

So impressed with how this old beast did on the road. The original 2F did everything I asked it to. Every mile was a small victory, and a slap in the face of all those who said I was crazy for getting a 30 year old truck. So thankful to all those here on mud who helped me get this dream realized. You all are the best. Thanks!!

IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4746.jpg
IMG_4757.jpg
IMG_4768.jpg
IMG_4851.jpg

Last edited:
Just completed a trip from Alabama to Arizona and back. Total mileage of just over 4000. Overall mileage average was 13.8 mpg at an average cost of $0.18/mile. Tried to stay off the interstates to hit some scenic areas with camping along the way. I was attending a meeting in Tucson and used that as an excuse for a road trip. Along the way drove through southern NM, across the Sacramento Mountains, through Alamogordo with a stop at White Sands. Did a trip up through the Chiricahua Mountains in SE AZ. before hitting Tucson.

Ergonomics of the FJ60 are just right for me. I can do a 700 mile day more comfortably than in the 80 series.

_JCG6288.jpg

IMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

Last edited:
Chiracahua is a very cool place! One of the least visited national parks or monuments in the country...

Yeah. I came in through Portal driving up through the national forest and found a great camping spot along a creek.

I’m down for next year. Nobody from Oregon went... that needs to change.
SAS 4 is on my list for next year for sure! Oregon needs to represent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom